BAM - LiveCatch work natively!

JLou5641

Pinball Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stargate
Hello every one..

By working on Velocity script, i discover that flipper has "extra swing angle". Ex, if we set 48° for swing angle, when you kick, flipper goes to 52° and revert back to 48°.
With @AnonTet , we search for good EOS and LiveCatch system.. We find some things, but not really satisfiying... By discover native "Extra-swing", it make me an idea!
The problem with FP, it's we can't set a great EOS system, wich work only on few degress, with absorsion and good power, mass, and timing gestion... But "Extra-Swing" do it for us.

So there is nothing to do apart to add a condition in FlipperEXT sub like this :

Code:
if flipperEXT.Hit then
    Dim elasticCoef
        if   flipperext.angleDiff  > 44.1 then elasticCoef = 0: End if' where elastic coef should be really low for live catch.
        if   flipperext.angleDiff  =< 44 then elasticCoef = 0.6:' where elastic coef should be normal

flipperExt.SetMaterial elasticCoef
end if

Just set elasticCoef at 0 for the "Extra-swing angle". Extra-Swing angle work like EOS should for. So, for a real 48° for swing, i use 44° in editor.. Kicking the ball goes up to 48°, and control it too. After controling, flipper revert back at 44°, but with no problem for mass and power. Also, if you want to make EOS Live Catch more difficult, just reduce the angle on witch you want Elascticty to 0. And because Flipper always revert back to 44°, to keep your initial Elasticty all the time.

Hi all,

Here a small video for livecatch.. It work perfectly. It's very realistic... maybe more than on VPX. Timing is different between base or tip.. It needed a far far timing just before ball hit the flipper. @ravarcade @Gimli @AnonTet @GeorgeH @shiva @Paolo @TerryRed
So I will add this to all template with Velocity Corrector and Omega

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back