Basket Bounce (Smethport, 1987) [toy] VP9

VP9 Flipperless Recreation Basket Bounce by Smethport, 1987 for VP9! v1.0

No permission to download

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
tiltjlp has asked me to personally do the Smethport line of titles. Basket Bounce is a really fun game for one or two players and has some great sounds to go with it! This is a handheld cardboard backed pinball like game.

I am STILL working on my flipperless stuff so rest assured they'll be along as soon as I can finish up some stuff.

Play one or two players. Single player plays for 10 shots and your game is over according to the back of the cardboard, which of course shows before the game can be started.

Two players are simple enough; players take turns shooting for 10 baskets. Miss a shot and it's the other player's turn. First player to reach 10 baskets is the winner.

This game is a ton of fun. I have sent this one to tiltjlp to be uploaded. It should be up shortly. Enjoy the game.

d

PS: There are MORE Smethport games I will be creating in VP9: Space Squadron, Flip a Fish, Golden Goose, Home Run and Peanut Gallery.

Attachments

• BasketBouncePIC.jpg
    BasketBouncePIC.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
These kinds of games are quick to play and loads of fun fun. You don't need to rush doing them Will, it just seemed that since you made the template and actually played some of these games as a teen, that you didn't really need my help making them. One I am looking forward to seeing you make is Space Squadron. I'll try to have it tested and released by Saturday afternoon.

Nice...I remember having something like this when I was younger (I remember having/playing several bagatelle-like games when I was growing up back in the 70s...those were a lot more common then)

Nice...I remember having something like this when I was younger (I remember having/playing several bagatelle-like games when I was growing up back in the 70s...those were a lot more common then)

Yes; my Mother always bought us these when we were kids. They were very frustrating and tough but kept us kids playing and playing! I have quite a few more of these including one called "International hostage" which I had never seen! It's a neat game where pegs are used. This will be the LAST one I do for this series. I have others like Home Run, Space Squadron, Flip A Fish, Golden Goose and Peanut Gallery. They'll all be done while I work on two of my flipperless WIP.

I do like it though I found it took some practice before I started making shots.

Releasing with the snap speed at about 19 and some nudging worked best for me.

I do like it though I found it took some practice before I started making shots.

Releasing with the snap speed at about 19 and some nudging worked best for me.

The nudging I have no problem with. Since I have slow reaction time, releasing with the snap speed at about 19 is neigh on impossible for me. I should have kept the 1st test version, where I could make baskets by bouncing them off the floor of the game, just like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Update with fixes is coming. Seems there was a problem with the cardboard back rules popping up at the wrong times.

d

Fixed version has been uploaded.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: simon.bethke is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back