Bat-Em (In & Outdoor Games Co., 1932)

VPX Flipperless Recreation Bat-Em (In & Outdoor Games Co., 1932) v1.2a

No permission to download

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
UPDATED to VERSION 1.1 for VPX 6:

- Added 3D holes that open and close a the beginning of each game.
- Cleaned up the metal walls on the play field.
- Added the VPX materials and graphics to the game.

- Added an ON THE FLY bat speed change setting. Start at setting 1 and go up to 10. This can be changed while you are holding down the bat / shift keys! Setting 1 is very low and 10 is quite fast.

You can STILL kick out from 1 to 5 balls at a time during a game.

Attachments

• BatEmV1.1VPXSCREENIE.jpg
    BatEmV1.1VPXSCREENIE.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this, Will. It's really pretty!

I've added this thread as the official discussion thread and pasted in the resource link in to your post, above. I encourage you to do the same whenever possible, because it lets people find the table more easily. You know me and customer service, heh.

Btw, at the risk of being a loud-mouthed idiot (too late!), one thing I think would make for a big improvement upon the next version is to use an alternate woodgrain model for either the PF-layer or the raised-layer. In other words, I don't think the same woodgrain model should be used for both levels.

Attachments

• Bat-Em PF.jpg
    Bat-Em PF.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 79
I used two different images, same type of wood.

Remember, I have to scrounge around on numerous websites to find this stuff. Finding the right images is usually not easy.

I've realized I forget the download link and for this apologize. Thanks for fixing that Ike.

I used two different images, same type of wood.

Remember, I have to scrounge around on numerous websites to find this stuff. Finding the right images is usually not easy.

I've realized I forget the download link and for this apologize. Thanks for fixing that Ike.
Late reply, but I'd recommend darkening one of the layers and boosting the contrast to bring the woodgrain out. I'm thinking the bottom layer would be the best candidate, but maybe it should be the other way around, not sure.

In other words, I think the two layers could stand to be more distinct. They blend together too easy right now IMO. Visually, it's a bit confusing and unsatisfying.

Also, it looks like the upper PF area was a little higher in the original game. Raising it up some would probably help with the visibility issue IMO.

Eh, I was planning on playing around with this stuff myself, but I'm kinda drowning in site projects these days. Also, you're undoubtedly more skillful with the graphics stuff than I am.

Anyways, that's the best advice and help I'm able to offer on this particular one, at the moment. Thanks again for sharing, because I really like the unusual nature of this game!

On my to do list. Give me time.

Attachments

• BatEmSCREENIEV1.2VPX.jpg
    BatEmSCREENIEV1.2VPX.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 79
Is this a good or bad thing? Forgive me, but did I do right by this one? I sure hope so. I think it looks pretty awesome.

Of course I keep EVERYTHING I ever worked on from the past so it was an easy fix really. :)

Glad you like it - I just found the wood image in one of my desktop folders and it jumped right out at me. I must have over 200 wood type images for which I keep for just this type of thing.

Again, sorry this took so long to update as I have a ton of WIP on my plate right now. Just enjoy and have fun.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back