batman 66 original (wip in abandonment)

@wild,
I missed this one. So it was originally a VPX original? Looks cool!

There's probably a bunch of video content to use on YT, DailyMotion and other sources as well, like torrents, News Groups and various sites.

I'd definitely recommend the "Watusi dance," "running with the bomb," and some fight scenes. Lots to choose from. You might want to check with @20degree, who seems to know that stuff pretty well.

Examples:

The animated Gif image. It is possible to put it all for a FP table. You could create an "ImageList Manager" that have each images. Then put it into an "Overlay" on the playfield or as a "Hud Overlay". To put it as a (Hud Overlay). Simply "uncheckmark" the option (Position/Render Onto Translite) and put it on the BackBox. The table: Super Metroid (that have some bugs, but maybe gonna fix it; and make simply a new version). In it there is: Overlay and Hud Overlay. It might help you if you would like to create a zone that have an image list. You can find the table at: http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/table-4517-super_metroid
In this pinball i also have created on the BackBox some tv screen that has an Overlay, that show a video of Samus of Super Metroid going into an elevator as the Snes game. Depending of some "SkillShot Lights" and depending if (Left Flipper) or (Right Flipper) has been Hit. Then you see Samus taking the elevator, then going to the right or left; making or not some bonus points.

Take a look at the script and the table. It might help you to put some Overlay that have many consecutive ImageList. But i dont suggest to put many, because that FP have it's own limitations. You can also create some ExternalData what i mean by that is: "Futurepinball Ressources Libraries".

If you want you could create many Overlay or/and Hud Overlay (of the exact same size) and that are positionned (at the exact same place). But for making them see the Overlay that is under or over, the "first" image must be a BMP image that is totally transparent. By scripting you can say then like: Overlay1 (ImageList01), Overlay2 (ImageList01), Overlay3 (ImageList02); as example if you would to see the image of the Overlay3.

Last edited:
The Batman video is quite funny. Batman want to get rid of the bomb, but every where he goes and want to put it; there are lives there and he try to find other places. I still got this old Batman movie of 1966 on Dvd that i have buyed long time ago. Here is the theatrical preview of the 1966 Batman Movie:

The animated Gif image. It is possible to put it all for a FP table. You could create an "ImageList Manager" that have each images. Then put it into an "Overlay" on the playfield or as a "Hud Overlay". To put it as a (Hud Overlay). Simply "uncheckmark" the option (Position/Render Onto Translite) and put it on the BackBox. The table: Super Metroid (that have some bugs, but maybe gonna fix it; and make simply a new version). In it there is: Overlay and Hud Overlay. It might help you if you would like to create a zone that have an image list. You can find the table at: http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/table-4517-super_metroid
IIRC Rafal added some kind of true GIF capability to BAM a few months ago.

I think right around here it was discussed and demonstrated:

Hey .... what happened here ... !!!!! 20degree is here????I am amazed!!!!!!

@Ike Savage
I missed this one. So it was originally a VPX original? Looks cool!
in fact it is .... for this reason I wanted to create a version for FP .... but then I stopped .... first because I discovered after that it is, the vpx table is a "mod" of another table, if I remember well, maybe... of flash .... so I don't know what kind of script I should do ..... then, because I have not received any response regarding videos......but how funny that bomb video is:lol:

but it seems that 20degree, didn't understand what I'm talking about ...... I need the short video clips .... not to know how to put them on the table ...this I know that ... already done, for others tables ....you do not know?

@20degree
do you, have problems with the translation too?

but it seems that 20degree, didn't understand what I'm talking about ...... I need the short video clips .... not to know how to put them on the table ...this I know that ... already done, for others tables ....you do not know?
What format do you need them in?

Like I say, there's loads of clips all over the net, and plenty of software tools to rip them and convert them to whatever format you want.

What format do you need them in?

Like I say, there's loads of clips all over the net, and plenty of software tools to rip them and convert them to whatever format you want.
usually they are in mp4 ..... but the problem is not the tools but the video-clips ..because they take a long time, to make
you have to look for them, and then rip them for how they are needed ... that is, a maximum of three seconds,I explain to you

for a clip like this Total Recal, (my table) which runs smoothly, i.e. without interruptions, it is better to have a clip that lasts a maximum of three seconds, much better 1 second or 2, because then when I put them on the display on the table (as 2degree explained, I don't know if it was clear though) that clip is made up of 80-120 frames ..... now FP, has problems managing many frames, if we think that 10 clips can be put in a table, the total of frames can reach 1000 frames ..... which are inserted in texture manager ..... in texture, and this slows down fp a lot ..... now you have suggested at 20 degrees that there is the "gif" function .... but not is neither still optimal as far as I understand......but I can be wrong

but let's go back to the clips ..... I don't know the series very well, as I said above I have some memories, but I can give a suggestion if you would like to collaborate, ten clips are enough .... maximum three seconds .. so they can also be 1 or 2 seconds ..... a clip may be the phone ringing ...... the exit from the bat cave ...... the two coming down from the pole ...... the climbing on the wall .. ..... the others can be choice by you... if you want

PS: this guy....Csepregi Ivan is an excellent FP popularizer ...... you could contact him .... well...... you know why:wink:

Last edited:
usually they are in mp4 ..... but the problem is not the tools but the video-clips ..because they take a long time, to make
you have to look for them, and then rip them for how they are needed ... that is, a maximum of three seconds,I explain to you

for a clip like this Total Recal, (my table) which runs smoothly, i.e. without interruptions, it is better to have a clip that lasts a maximum of three seconds, much better 1 second or 2, because then when I put them on the display on the table (as 2degree explained, I don't know if it was clear though) that clip is made up of 80-120 frames ..... now FP, has problems managing many frames, if we think that 10 clips can be put in a table, the total of frames can reach 1000 frames ..... which are inserted in texture manager ..... in texture, and this slows down fp a lot ..... now you have suggested at 20 degrees that there is the "gif" function .... but not neither still optimal as far as I understand......but I can be wrong...
Well, I don't really know anything about how FP should best handle the video stuff. I was just sharing a new technique that I think 20degree hadn't heard of before (the GIF stuff).

I do suspect you could cut down on the quality of the framerate in order to fit more video content. 30fps is probably overkill for a pinball table video. I would think 10fps would be enough, especially for a retro-style project like this. That would let you fit much longer individual sequences in, maybe 10 seconds or so.

Then again, I haven't played with framerate personally, so I'm just speculating. I do think Bob's B&W videos looked pretty smooth in his billiards project. I wonder what fps that was?

In terms of what Batman sequences to use, I might be able to come up with more. The first three I mentioned could be pulled from Youtube right away. They're all classics. Actually, I would guess the sequences should relate to the gameplay of the table, and I haven't actually played the original (VPX) table.

I'm pretty overloaded at the moment, but could try to look in to that at some point. If it helps you out.

Well, I don't really know anything about how FP should best handle the video stuff. I was just sharing a new technique that I think 20degree hadn't heard of before (the GIF stuff).

do not misunderstand my phrase, the one in which I tell you, that you suggested to 20degree the "gif" function .... you were right to suggest it, I was not criticizing it ..... I meant that I don't know if this function is suitable for video clips .... also because I have not yet understood how it should work .... in truth I had thought about using it, but I have little information....

I do suspect you could cut down on the quality of the framerate in order to fit more video content. 30fps is probably overkill for a pinball table video. I would think 10fps would be enough, especially for a retro-style project like this. That would let you fit much longer individual sequences in, maybe 10 seconds or so.

do you know something new?I'll tell you a secret........ I don't know how to reduce frame rates, and how it should be done .... to be honest I don't even know how many are that I used in several of my tables....10 seconds a video-clip, maybe it's a little too much, it could distract the eye from ball.

Then again, I haven't played with framerate personally, so I'm just speculating. I do think Bob's B&W videos looked pretty smooth in his billiards project. I wonder what fps that was?
I have no idea,how he made them.

In terms of what Batman sequences to use, I might be able to come up with more. The first three I mentioned could be pulled from Youtube right away. They're all classics. Actually, I would guess the sequences should relate to the gameplay of the table, and I haven't actually played the original (VPX) table.

to be honest, I just tried it a couple of times, that of vpx, and I discovered that it has the rules of another table, as I said above it is a "mod" .... so I rewrite a new gameplay .. ..so if you have any suggestions, they are welcome.

I'm pretty overloaded at the moment, but could try to look in to that at some point. If it helps you out.
if you wish, no problem for me ..... but there is no rush,and I thank you for your interest, I'm glad.

Last edited:
do you know something new?I'll tell you a secret........ I don't know how to reduce frame rates, and how it should be done .... to be honest I don't even know how many are that I used in several of my tables....10 seconds a video-clip, maybe it's a little too much, it could distract the eye from ball.
Well, you don't have to make them 10 seconds. I agree it could be distracting. My point is that you probably don't have to worry so much about limiting yourself to 3-4 seconds. A lot of modern commercial games do have pretty long video modes, of course.

Anyway, I haven't done any video editing for years, and forget what software I last used. But sometimes I like to look at charts like THIS to get an idea of what's what. If you click on the "License" column, it can sort all the free ones together.

Honestly, it should be pretty simple to reduce FPS in a clip. I'm sure a lot of people use such software to make GIF's and stuff like that, without needing to learn any of the complicated tools.

As a matter of fact, there's probably free online sites where you can do this stuff right in your browser. No need to download or install anything.

I have no idea,how he made them.
Ahoy, @Gimli Gloinson-- would you mind sharing your method for those nice "Hustler" clips in your billiards game?

to be honest, I just tried it a couple of times, that of vpx, and I discovered that it has the rules of another table, as I said above it is a "mod" .... so I rewrite a new gameplay .. ..so if you have any suggestions, they are welcome.

if you wish, no problem for me ..... but there is no rush,and I thank you for your interest, I'm glad.
Okay, I might try to brainstorm on this in future, when I have free time.

I do think it has the potential to be a really cool table!

and then used the BAM gif code
Code:
Set Movie = xBAM.LoadGif("hustler1b")
                Movie.ReplaceTexture "hustler1"
                Movie.UpdateInterval = 60
                Movie.Frame 0, Movie.NumFrames-1

I used Audacity to record the sound of the each clip from youtube and then tried to synchronize the sound to the gif frames

and then used the BAM gif code
perfect thanks.

when I can have some video clips in my hands..... I can test it

oops you need to also have this in code somewhere:

Dim Movie

Nice....demo,but the sound?

ok .... the system in "gif" for videos .... I realized that it dramatically reduces the loading of fp, and the resources it takes to view them, compared to a video made in the way I usually use .... in hologram with "MyHologram.Frame 1, 80, 1" for example

but I noticed something different ..... it's hard to explain, but if I make a video maybe it's better than a thousand words, so the time I prepare it then we could see if we can make something new

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back