Gottlieb Black Hole (Gottlieb, 1981) score displays stopped working

PinballDude369

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Haunted House
Hello,

The score displays on my Black Hole pin suddenly stopped working and I didn't do anything to the machine. I checked the 1/4 amp slo blo fuse responsible for the displays and it's fine. No idea why they just stopped working. The machine powers up and plays fine, just no scores displayed. I did notice recently I would have to hit the power on switch to the game 2 to 3 times to get it to finally stay on. I didn't know if that issue would have anything to do with the displays not working now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

The score displays on my Black Hole pin suddenly stopped working and I didn't do anything to the machine. I checked the 1/4 amp slo blo fuse responsible for the displays and it's fine. No idea why they just stopped working. The machine powers up and plays fine, just no scores displayed. I did notice recently I would have to hit the power on switch to the game 2 to 3 times to get it to finally stay on. I didn't know if that issue would have anything to do with the displays not working now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
The displays not lighting is usually a lack of 60 volts DC coming out of the power supply.
Using a digital meter check the DC output voltage of the power supply to verify . The 42 volts DC powers the smallest apron display.
the way the circuit is designed if the 60 volts is missing so will the 42 volts.
Repair of the power supply will probably be needed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back