Bally Black Pyramid (Bally, 1984) lites and swinging target not moviing

cardoc68

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
black pyramid
i have a black pyramid pinball game, it works ok, but the swinging target does not move, it scores but does not move. also the lites under the playfield do not lite up.

any things i can look for ?

Actually the two problems might be related. The swinging target operates when the solenoid expander board relay pulls in, which is driven by the same 6 volt source as the switched playfield lights. On the power supply board check fuse1 and check test point 1 for the 6 volts dc.

black pyramid lites and swinging target not moving

5.5 mv on test pin 1

fuse is 20 amp ok

i appreciate your help!

It looks like that br1 is bad with that low of voltage. The resistor r2 that's in that circuit should be changed also. Part numbers and pic's are in manual.

i replace the power module, 85$, now i have some lites but not all, and the swinging target does not move yet. the b l and k lites on the top and middle do not lite up.

i appreciate your help

i hooked a ground on the ground side of the lite under the playfield that is close to the swinging target. it started moving and the lites lit up.

could this be the as2518 66 module board?

update:
i have been grounding the drivers on the a5 lamp driver board, and the lites have been lighting up. i am guessing i need to replace the a5 board. is there a good way to test it?

What are the results of the lamp test when you push the self test button?

all the lamps that work flash on and off, the other ones don't lite. they are the ones that i can turn on by grounding the scr.

The problem could be in the a5 board, it could be it's connectors, or a driver chip. Or the problem could be the signal wires between the mpu board and the light driver board a5, or the mpu board itself. I myself would send the boards out to be tested, instead of buying 2 more new boards that probably total about $350 more. Sometimes when vendors or people sell machines they will load them up with all their problem boards, instead of repairing them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back