Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Congo
xenonph submitted a new resource:

Black Tiger Pinball (Williams 1981) MOD v1.0 - A mod of 32assassins Pharoah (Williams 1981)

Black Tiger Pinball (Williams 1981) MOD v1.0
VPX table by 32assassin
Graphics and Sound Mod by Xenonph

Welcome to Black Tiger Pinball!!
Based on Capcom's hit arcade game Black Tiger released in 1987. (Known as Black Dragon in Japan!)

Version 1.0
All sound effects and music come from the Black Tiger arcade rom.
I scripted the music to play 1 of first 2 levels music on first ball played, second ball is 1 of level 3 thru 6, third ball is levels 7 thru 9. (When Multi-Ball is activated, 1 of 3...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks!
Nice to see some vpx here every once in a while.

Gotta admit... hearing the sounds and music on this one gets me all giddy.

While I don't usually get to heavily into re-skins.... your mods of tables are among the nicest ones that I actually like to play.

Well done man!!!

Black tiger,or black dragon....another arcade Capcom .... I know this game very well, one of many that it is not possible to finish it with a single coin....eight full levels to discover, with dungeons inside, and many objects hidden in unbreakable walls, I know them all.

is this vpx a re-mod, of another table? I would be tempted to create a version for FP, if you give me permission to use your graphics,but I have yet to try your work.

Thanks!! Glad you like it!!
Black Tiger is a mod of 32assassin's Pharoah.
I used 32assassin's VPX Pharaoh (Williams 1981) v1.0 table to make this mod.
I only defeated the Arcade game, when I played it on MAME. (Endless supply of fake quarters!! lol)
This was one of my faves in the arcade. (Also had one in gas station, and Pizza Parlor I would play any time I stopped in.)

xenonph updated Black Tiger Pinball (Williams, 1981) VPX with a new update entry:

Black Tiger Pinball (Williams 1981) v2.0

Version 2.0
Converted mp3's to ogg format, and scripted music to be played from BlackTiger folder.
(Place BlackTiger folder in your Music folder)
Added NVOffset script command, so not to interfere with other tables using same rom.
Added option at top of script for those who were getting script error when entering Dungeon.
You can change to DProb=1 and there is no Light to Dark transition time.
It changes instantly instead of slow transition, but gets rid of your error.

Read the rest of this update entry...

xenonph updated Black Tiger Pinball (Williams, 1981) VPX with a new update entry:

Black Tiger Pinball (Williams, 1981)

Version 2.1
Converted images to WebP format which reduces file size.(VPX7.2 Required)
Converted Wav files in sound manager to ogg format which reduces file size.
Table size went from over 105 MB's to just under 42 MB's, with just the 2 conversions above.
I will be adding the Music files to the sound manager the next time I update this table.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, I hope I have the right help file. I have two problems, one is that is the Black Tiger game doesn't work. all I get ia the game itself showing on screen and it freezes. Second problem is the NFL game and it does the same thing as Black Tiger. Please help me.

Hello, I hope I have the right help file. I have two problems, one is that is the Black Tiger game doesn't work. all I get ia the game itself showing on screen and it freezes. Second problem is the NFL game and it does the same thing as Black Tiger. Please help me.
I am guessing you are getting an error you cannot see?
Click Preferences tab at top of editor, then click Video Graphics Options.
Now uncheck "Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode" (As seen in pic.)
Capture.PNG

Now run the table, and you should see the missing error window now.
What does the error message say?

It says error 2: won't work because there is no sound.

It says error 2: won't work because there is no sound.

Did you move the Black Tiger folder with music in it that is included in table package into the music folder?

Yes I did.

Ok try this...

Open the table script and on LINE 94 you will see this...

vpmInit Me:NVOffset (13)

Delete the NVOffset (13) so it looks like this...

vpmInit Me

Now try the table.

Whoa... does the table actually toggle in-game between image 5 & 6? (i.e. the first two attachments?)

That must look incredible, if so.

Whoa... does the table actually toggle in-game between image 5 & 6? (i.e. the first two attachments?)

That must look incredible, if so.
When you enter the lower left kicker, (The Dungeon), the plastics change to lava plastics, and the table gets darkened.
Then the Dungeon music from original arcade game plays. It lasts for 2 minutes, or until you lose ball, then it fades back to brick with lighter ambience.

Hi again, I get the Black Tiger working now I have a problem with the Flintstones. The screen says coin door open and it won't play. How do I fix this.

Hi again, I get the Black Tiger working now I have a problem with the Flintstones. The screen says coin door open and it won't play. How do I fix this.
Glad you got Black Tiger working!
The coin door is usually opened and closed with the End key.
Try closing it with the End key.
Also try just adding coins to it (5 key), and press start (1 key), the message should go away.

I have a problem with Jungle Lord it says no rom file or dll file. Here's the thing the rom has already been installed. What should I do next?

I have a problem with Jungle Lord it says no rom file or dll file. Here's the thing the rom has already been installed. What should I do next?
Maybe you have a defective rom? or it is missing files?
Can you post a link to the table you are having problems with?
Or ask the question in the Jungle Lord tables Discussion Topic (Support Topic)?
That way I know exactly what table you are having a problem with.
This will also help others who may have same problem as you.
You may also find answers to your problem, as that is where people post there problems with tables. In the Discussion Topic (Support Topic.)

I have no problem with the VP8 tables to work. I would like to know on how I get VP9 tables to work.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back