Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 2.1

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition - Which side will win! Play to find out!

Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition

Original Table by Brendan Bailey, 2009

BAM Edition mod by TerryRed, 2021

Version 1.1, Dec 24, 2021

Thank you so much Brendan Bailey for supporting this update!

======================================

I wanted to try doing a "quick" update to a classic FP "original" table to bring it up to my own modern day BAM standards, and see how much I could do in 2 days. Wow! What a difference it makes!

Brendan Bailey is one of FP's classic "original" table...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome-sauce, Terry. :o

It'll be interesting to see how this runs on my guinea pig-powered computer. No doubt will have to make some adjustments and maybe add another pig or two. Will let you know.

Attachments

• Guinea pig sleigh.jpg
    Guinea pig sleigh.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 40
If only all FP tables could be lit with quality like that. Amazing work.

They can... but 10+ years back when all these quality originals were made, those options weren't available.

They can be like that but not anyone can do it... I speak from experience. Even if I knew how to do it, my artistic side was never delivered :D

Okay, disabled the Shadowy Maps from a Shadowy Planet (pardon, KITH Canadian joke), then tried it at the recommended settings and got about 15fps.

Lowered my resolution and the hardware lights down to "2" and the fps is now 45fps-- good enough to enjoy playing realistically. On my setup, # of hardware lights can make a big hit on fps.

Original table plays at 90fps by comparison. In BAM.

I also notice the BAM physics and DF1 are a lot livelier, and this sometimes sends the ball sailing. At one point a ball even broke through the lower-left apron, sending the game in to limbo, but it's only happened once so far.

Very cool that I'm able to get the sense of these new BAM updates applied to a table, on a fairly ancient machine. Thanks, Terry.

Last edited:
Yah the DF1 physics can still be tuned better I imagine. The thing is... not sure what the original intent for the table was for speed on the old version. I do find the the rubber posts send the ball flying. I honestly didn't spend too much time on the physics tuning... as this was meant to be a "quick" update :) Most of the time I spent was on making the inserts, and adding SSF (to be used later for the PinEvent version)... and finding the right GI / shadowmap balance.

As for hardware lights... you "need" all 7 of them... hence the instructions making it clear to use the settings I show. They are used for G.I lighting as well as flashers... so disabling some will make the table look a bit wonky.

It's to be expected that a table that uses BAM's New Renderer with fancier lighting and shadowmaps is not going to run well on an old machine. After 12 years... I think an updated version of the table is expected to need a more modern PC :)

As for hardware lights... you "need" all 7 of them... hence the instructions making it clear to use the settings I show. They are used for G.I lighting as well as flashers... so disabling some will make the table look a bit wonky.
I briefly had it down to zero just to see what fps I could get, and boy, yeah... the table indeed looked like the inside of an abandoned warehouse.

(note: this conversation branch continued here.)

Last edited:
They can... but 10+ years back when all these quality originals were made, those options weren't available.
For sure. The options are here now, but what I'm saying is that some people churning out tables here presently like clockwork... completely omit lighting effects on their tables. It's unfortunate because those tables have some amazing artwork. Additionally no one else deems those tables worthy of modification and they put all their effort into VPX tables. So it's nice to see people putting effort into FP tables like this.

Love it! Do you have any wheel images for it to work with pinup popper?

Full speed ahead on teh FizX thing huh? :D
Thanks for another beauty table updated. The improvement is such i've beaten by high score by FAR. It's not that I'm a great player but now the table just seems easier. I know that if I miss it is my fault.

Yah, this table is a hard table. FizX definitely makes it more controllable. I also added a Ball Saver to the table, which makes it much more fair, as it can be easy to do a quick drain on this one, with everything reversing on you, etc.

Junkyard Cats is already 3/4 done for FizX :)

Another great table.
you're working FAST!

Out of control balls! - Quick Fix

Some people seem to have balls flying off and getting stuck when holding the upper flippers (when the ball gets kicked out the middle kickers).

Give this fix a try.

*** Add Ramp Enders ***
  • Open the table in the editor
  • click on each of the middle wire ramps
  • in the "End Model" on the right side of the editor, change it to a RampEnder model like I show in the picture
  • save table
This should stop the kicked out ball from shooting outward (and sometimes on top of the flipper) and will force the ball down on the upper playfield surface before it can reach the flipper, and will allow you to trap the ball much easier.

Since this is a completely original table... I try not to deviate from the original layout / design. However, with newer more realistic physics, I'm finding that some FP tables may require some slight layout changes to better work with more realistic flipper angles, and other differences presented from the newer FizX physics.

Let me know how this works out... and I may add it to a quick fix update.

1661861305220.png

1661861315408.png

Love the table, works great in desktop mode with all pinevents and all , however I did like the Arcade backdrop room, 1.4 had this how can we enable this for 1.5 @TerryRed - great work!

Last edited:
Love the table, works great in desktop mode with all pinevents and all , however I did like the Arcade backdrop room, 1.4 had this how can we enable this for 1.5 @TerryRed - great work!

1.4 never had this. If you saw an arcade backdrop, that would have been FP's default "Game Room", which should have been disabled as per the required FP Video/Rendering settings for all PinEvent V2 tables (that will allow "all" FP tables to work correctly, as many have custom rooms that cause the table to crash if the FP Game Room setting is enabled).

1.5 forcefully disables this even if you didn't have it disabled in FP settings, as will all other PinEvent V2 table updates.

1.4 never had this. If you saw an arcade backdrop, that would have been FP's default "room", which should have been disabled as per the required FP Video/Rendering settings for all PinEvent V2 tables (that will allow "all" FP tables to work correctly and not crash, as many have custom rooms).

1.5 forcefully disables this even if you didn't have it disabled in FP settings, as will all other PinEvent V2 table updates.
I play 1.4 table and room is in the background, how can I enable it for 1.5 , is this script option in table ?? I know it's preference I will like background arcade room for estatics as I play Desktop only (projector). I will stick to 1.4 for now as I enjoy desktop mode and plays perfectly for me.

Last edited:
If you had this option enabled in FP settings, you need to disable that, as it will cause some other tables to either crash, or have both the FP Game Room and the table's custom room (if the table has one) to both display at the same time (which is a mess and can cause problems).

1671496820614.png

This table does NOT have a game room or Arcade background. I have disabled the FP Game Room on purpose for all my releases to avoid possible issues. This is where I disable it. I recommend you DO NOT enable the FP Game Room in the table script or in FP settings.

1671496959048.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back