Blushing Frankenstein loses his pants!

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
I wish Sleepy and Tilt were around at times like this to poke fun at this one and maybe share some remembrances. Ah, well.

Anyway, what immediately piqued me about this toy is that it DIDN'T use a variant of Boris Karloff's face for the monster. Seems to me that's almost unheard of it when it comes to this kind of gadget. I'd say he almost looks more like an elven version of Tor Johnson, if anything. Remember that guy?

4747d1f6318f7306bc2e926c481de41d.jpg

Based on that, I thought the toy was something from the 60's, at first. In fact, looking at the price tag and stylings, it's probably more of a 70's - 80's thing. Which again begs the question -- "why go with Tor Elvenstone rather than the more easily-recognisable public domain image of Karloff?"

In terms of how the toy works, it seems there's a lightbulb inside the head that comes on after the pants mechanically drop. I'm guessing the inside of the skull is painted a darker shade of red than the lighter green painted on the outer surface, turning Frankie's head pink when the bulb is lit. Possibly the bulb itself is painted pinkish - reddish, but in terms of manufacturing costs and keeping parts simple, I'm guessing it's more likely that the former thing is the 'secret' of how this toy works.

Attachments

• 1s2enld2jo161.jpg
    1s2enld2jo161.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 77
  • tyf6qn65jo161.jpg
    tyf6qn65jo161.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 99
  • a0a97dc38b2dabfbbc73d809ee4048b0.jpg
    a0a97dc38b2dabfbbc73d809ee4048b0.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 01 frankenstein pants.jpg
    01 frankenstein pants.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 96
"Karloff... Karloff??

Karloff is not qualified to smell my shit!"

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back