Brain exercises

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Borrows from elsewhere.

Exercising the brain

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. And as we grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert. The saying "If you don't use it, you will lose it" also applies to the brain, so........

Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence. Since it is private, you will find the answers here too. So take the following test presented here and determine if you are losing it or are still "with it." The answers are towards the end, but after a lot of spaces so that you have made your answers before you check them. Get a pen and paper, and write down the answers, as it IMMEDIATELY comes to you. You have a time period of 5 seconds to answer each question. I know it is too less, but well, that is how it is!

There are no marks here, so you dont need to cheat. Only you know how you perform, unless you want to share them. OK, relax, clear your mind, and....... begin.
01. What do you put in a toaster?

02. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk". What do cows drink?

03. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a greenhouse made from?

04. Many years ago, a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. Germany at that time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany. Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately, the engine fails before he has time, and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany or West Germany or in "no man's land?"

05. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute then how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?

6. Without using a calculator -- You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, nine people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and eight people get on......In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, ten people get off and 16 people get in. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?

Answers:
01. The answer is "bread" If you said "toast," you should start exercising immediately. Try not to hurt yourself.

02. Cows drink water. If you said "milk", your brain is obviously over stressed and may even over heat.

03. Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks", then well, what can I say? ................... Ahem!

04. You don't, of course, bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, please, please, please, you must NEVER try to rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your efforts could actually end up in a disaster worse than the crash!

05. One degree. If you said "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree", you are obviously out of your league.

06. Oh, for crying out loud! Don't you remember? It was YOU!!!

Somehow I answered them all correctly, but I was expecting trick questions, and several of them I've seen elsewhere. Fell free to share your own results, or even offer more brain exercise ?s,

John

Hmmm, I said:

1> Eggo Waffles (drat!)

2> Personally, I feed my cows 'Rip It' brand energy drink :twisted:

3> Actually, my greenhouse is constructed with a space age polymer :twisted:

4> Well, if they landed in No Man's Land, they probably weren't going to survive for long once the East Germans caught site of them.... ;)

5> Sorry, but 1 degree is just plain incorrect. An hour hand moves 30 degrees per hour (30 degrees x 12 hours = 360 degrees per 12 hour period on a regular 12 hour clock which is 0.5 degrees per minute)

6> Now how is it that I'm driving a bus in a country where I don't have driver's license and where I'd be on the wrong side of the road to boot (not to be confused with in the boot)? It simply could not have been me and thus the question is invalidated.

1) Toast bread, in short "toast". What's wrong with that?
2) Water
3) Glass ( after online translating greenhouse )
4) I don't bury them ( after online translating bury ).
5) Hour hand? Degrees? 360 is wrong, why? Because of the "if", what it isn't in real?
6) Ok, read before you answer. :)

That wasn't as bad as I would have assumed before I read the questions.

Q1. What do you put in a toaster?
A1. A fork?

Q2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk". What do cows drink?
A2. Usually my still's entire contents of moonshine!

Q3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a greenhouse made from?
A3. Compressed Martians.

Q4. Many years ago, a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. Germany at that time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany. Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately, the engine fails before he has time, and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany or West Germany or in "no man's land?"
A4. How many of them are barristers, solicitors or used vehicle salesmen?

Q5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute then how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?
A5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute, my clock is WAY fucked up.

Q6. Without using a calculator -- You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, nine people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and eight people get on......In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, ten people get off and 16 people get in. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?
A6. I've not a clue. Some random bastard tossed me from the bus when I stopped in Swindon!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Damonogy48 is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back