Bubblegum Crisis 2035 VP9

Neo

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness
Well, in the last couple of days I got back to converting my BGC 2035 table to VP9, and here's what it looks like so far. I did manage to get it playable without too much difficulty, but it still needs some tweaks to the playfield and some script work (found some script issues I will need to address), finish the new bumpers, make the slings and plastics look proper, and possibly change the color on the transparent ramps.

Attachments

• BGC2035 VP9.jpg
    BGC2035 VP9.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 309
if the problem lies with kickers, let me remind you that the kickers are smaller in vp8 so if you are just doing a pure copy of it make sure you make those, in the vp9 size and rename them as to the old ones. if not that, what kind of problems are ya' having? That's not i vp9.1.1 by any chance (I hate that version)

Last edited:
If your script uses .Slope =
you'll want to change that to .SlopeMin =

That's about the only major script change that I know of.

Naah, I didn't change the table slope in the script (I gave some thought to doing it as an option when I was coding the operator menu but I decided not to). I didn't know the size of the kickers was different in VP9 but they've been working fine for me.

The script work is a result of some old issues that I thought I fixed but have crept up again, and a couple of new ones have come along that I hadn't encountered before but may have been lurking in the VP8 version. I'm also putting in a new clock system for the time-limit modes which should work better than what I had previously. Previously I'd been using separate timers for the clock and the underlying mode for which it was running. What I'm implementing now is a system where all the timed modes are controlled by just the clock timer, with the other mode timers only firing when the time on the clock expires. I thought of the idea when I was building the HP VP9 table and I'm kinda kicking myself for not thinking of it before. I'll have to retest all the timed mode to make sure it's working properly but it looks promising so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back