Bumper Pool and Billiards (Original)

Flipperless Original Table BAM FP Bumper Pool and Billiards (Original) v2.0 BAM

No permission to download
Future Pinball
Very really impressive work, the progress of this project has been noteworthy,a few years ago, such a project was unthinkable, but with Bam it was possible....well done Bob!!
Thanks Paolo and of course Ravarcade

Well... If you could recreate a french billard, it will be fine. If yes, I can give you dimensions (tables, balls, ...).

Well... If you could recreate a french billard, it will be fine. If yes, I can give you dimensions (tables, balls, ...).
Sure it will need to be scaled to the underling FP pinball playfield and we would need a 3d table model of that scale to superimpose

@wild
@Ike Savage
@AnonTet
@TerryRed
@GeorgeH
@Popotte
@NitroNimbus

And anyone else who may be interested here is a WIP of "Avengers Bumper Pool" using the new mouse mode
You need to be using the latest BAM and you will need mouse enabled under FP key settings with the left , right and middle mouse keys configured as in this picture

keysettings.jpg

Here is how I set up the mouse:

1. The left button is for plunger
2. Middle is Special1 key
3. Right Button is Special 2 key

1. You can aim your shot by moving the mouse left and right
2.To take a shot click and hold the left button and release when you wish to determine shot strength
3.To change view press the right mouse button
4.Now if you are in the zoomed out view and press the middle button then it will open the menu.
you can now move the mouse left and right to change menu options.
Pressed left mouse button to make a selection
5. If you are in one of the two zoomed in views and you press the middle button you can choose a different ball to hit but only after the first ball with the dot on it has been sunk.

"B" on keyboard will swap players at any time
keystrokes are the same as per billiards described above

It will add a video soon

View attachment Future Pinball 2021-04-18 16-09-00-28.mp4

Enjoy !
Please try to see if the mouse works for you !

Last edited:
@shiva
see above fyi
using BAM mouse moves

Hmm, interesting...

yep ive played it a few time too, as above the only minor glitch for me was the cue following the ball sometimes other than that a REALLY fun game , here`s a little game play :-)

Attachments

• 2021-04-19 01-34-40.mp4
    23.6 MB
yep ive played it a few time too, as above the only minor glitch for me was the cue following the ball sometimes other than that a REALLY fun game , here`s a little game play :)
nice but that is 8 ball !
Try bumper pool in link above ?
And with your mouse
Thanks for the feedback

I notice the flloor textures are missing make sure “load textures into editor” is unchecked in fp settings

ooops and thanks

I notice the flloor textures are missing make sure “load textures into editor” is unchecked in fp settings
Dunno if this is related, but when I first fired up air hockey, the floor was invisible.

I'm not 100%, but I -think- I got it to appear by going to: Video / Rendering options---> Rendering Quality---> High Quality Textures and filling in the checkbox.

I wish there were popup notes for this stuff in the editor like VPX has. I find it incredibly useful for learning the ropes, or just reminding me what's what. Not sure if BAM can make any impact there, or maybe there's some other way to add notes? I reckon it could help a bunch of us beginner to intermediate folks...

ok...I am probably kissed by the "lady of the mouse" there is also a "lord of the rings" ...... I remember
as I supposed, to me it works, as well as in hockey,I never had problems with the "mouse function."

I noticed that I don't have the black texture of the table, but that of the moving model remains ....did you change the type of model?
because I also noticed a slight stopping of the loading bar in the models, maybe you have some heavy models, if you want I can reduce them, to have a greater loading bar increase ...

overall, great job!

View attachment bil.mp4

Last edited:
ok...I am probably kissed by the "lady of the mouse" there is also a "lord of the rings" ...... I remember
as I supposed to me it works, as well as in hockey,I never had problems with the mouse function.

I noticed that I don't have the black texture of the table, but that of the moving model remains ....did you change the type of model?
because I also noticed a slight stopping of the loading bar in the models, maybe you have some heavy models, if you want I can reduce them, to have a greater loading bar increase ...

overall, great job!

View attachment 19588
Cool Paolo if I remove the models
You can play it !
The table top is not a model that is why you can see it.

I couldnt find a model so I just add a topper in fp table editor to my previous billiards model

hold the left mouse button longer to take shots

Gimli updated Bumper Pool and Billiards WIP with a new update entry:

Avengers Bumper Pool

This update is Bumper Pool Version using Avengers animated models ( Hulk and Iron Man ) and the sound track from Avengers End Game

It also add mouse support

You need to configure the mouse buttons first under FP key settings.
Enable Mouse
Map left button to "digital plunger" option
Map Middle button to "Special1key " option
Map Right Button to "Special2key" option

The mouse is used...

Read the rest of this update entry...

FYI: recommend adding a screenie of bumper pool to the overview tab of the resource. Perhaps delete the 2nd or 3rd screenie to add visibility.

That's typically where users look to see whatever's new. They don't always think to click on the "update" tabs.
Ok Thanks Ike

Here is a lttle update:

1. I made the shooting a bit smoother
2. I fixed the pegs collisions
3. Music will start playing now with first shot
A few other bug fixes

Attachments

• AvengersBumperPooltest (1).fpt
    152.4 MB · Views: 118
It loads, it plays, it's awesome, I never played this kind of pool before :)

Question, how many pool variants are you thinking of adding? 3 ball cushion would be cool but the tables are bigger than usual and i'm not sure that poses a problem and not sure if the "world size" option from a while back is an option.

It loads, it plays, it's awesome, I never played this kind of pool before :)

Question, how many pool variants are you thinking of adding? 3 ball cushion would be cool but the tables are bigger than usual and i'm not sure that poses a problem and not sure if the "world size" option from a while back is an option.
Thanks for trying it ! and for the feedback
I am still refining things but yes this can be applied to any type of pool. I am considering snooker and better table model

For Avengers just for fun I am thinking of starting the table load with "come and get your love" and having 5 or six miniaturized marvel characters dancing on the table ...that you can then select as your maskot

The free model source has Black Widow, Spiderman, Black Panther, Thanos, Hulk and iron Man available

Neat idea about being able to choose a mascot ?

Tested a bit more and regarding gameplay all seems OK.

You need to make them dance synchronized :D

Gimli updated Bumper Pool and Billiards WIP with a new update entry:

Avengers Bumper Pool Version 2

I tweaked so much stuff that I decided to call this version 2.

1. Added Rules and Description of Game Keys and Mouse Functionality at the top of the script
2. Started cleaning up and organizing the script
3 Improved Game sounds
4. Rescaled all the room objects to match the table size
5.Tweaked Cue functionality and Cue positions during game play
6.Added 6 Marvel Mascotts to choose from at start of turn, added Mascott animations
7. Added camera Sequences
8. Tweaked mouse functionality as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Attachments

• AvengersBumperPoolV2.fpt
    206.8 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Oh wow, I totally missed the dancers in sync! That's some hilarious and brilliant stuff.

Dang Bob, what a legendary project this has turned out to be. Let me take a look at the latest one and see if I can help get the word out a bit more.

(btw, is there anywhere else you're currently sharing it?)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back