Help Can you add an image to a screen

Ian (WVP)

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness
Hi ok so is it possible to add a background image to a desktop table, some i play / preview have a black screen i would like to download a google image related to the table ( Like we have in VPX ) and add it, is there an easy way ( im new to FP/BAM so please easy instruction LOL,) ive looked in the editor and though it was under render games room but the icons are greyout for me. Any help appreciated.

Hi,if you want an image behind the backbox, you have to use a model .... what I call a wall, if you look at my table, for example, this can be seen and understood

Edit:
if you want I can explain how to do it

Last edited:
Sorry i should have mentioned im using desktop single screen so wanted to add the image behind the table so as not to have just a black background if thats possible?

It is not difficult. You can download the table linked below and open the model manager in the FP editor. Find BBBWall and export it. Then open the Texture manager and find/export "Wall". Then you open the table where you want to add a back wall. You will want to replace the image of the space shuttle with one from the internet but leave the bottom part of the image. Add the model to the model manager and your edited image to the texture manager. Find the option for an Ornament on the bottom of the FP editor and click on it. Then click on the table to add it. In the right pane, change model to BBBWall and also add Wall to the texture. You may need to move the model around on the screen to position it using a drag and drop method. The save and play.

Sorry i should have mentioned im using desktop single screen so wanted to add the image behind the table so as not to have just a black background if thats possible?
It is not difficult. You can download the table linked below and open the model manager in the FP editor. Find BBBWall and export it. Then open the Texture manager and find/export "Wall". Then you open the table where you want to add a back wall. You will want to replace the image of the space shuttle with one from the internet but leave the bottom part of the image. Add the model to the model manager and your edited image to the texture manager. Find the option for an Ornament on the bottom of the FP editor and click on it. Then click on the table to add it. In the right pane, change model to BBBWall and also add Wall to the texture. You may need to move the model around on the screen to position it using a drag and drop method. The save and play.

and why!!! I what it seems I have suggested? .... I have suggested this .... if you want an image behind the fp table, you have to use a model, to coordinate the texture, in an fp wall you can't do it.

Cattura77.JPG Future Pinball 2021-04-17 14-36-57-73.jpg

Last edited:
There are several ways of doing it. Your way works too.

There are several ways of doing it. Your way works too.
Yes, George .... also with Mini-playfield.....but I have the impression that the friend "worldofvp" perhaps means other things.....if he wants to have something that is in vpx......like this

VPinballX 2021-04-17 15-00-15-61.jpg

yes hats what im looking for as well. how can i add image to the sides of the table if they are black only?
it looks to plane to have them black only.

FP uses a full 3d environment for all tables and has a room for all tables. VPX does not.

So, no easy way to just add an image to appear behind the table for desktop view.

yes hats what im looking for as well. how can i add image to the sides of the table if they are black only?
it looks to plane to have them black only.
The black sides of the table do you mean inside the table?
If you mean outside the table, see HERE it will show you (not explain) what is needed to have a complete image behind the table as you see it in vpx.
see the first 40 seconds of my video

Hi ok so is it possible to add a background image to a desktop table, some i play / preview have a black screen i would like to download a google image related to the table ( Like we have in VPX ) and add it, is there an easy way ( im new to FP/BAM so please easy instruction LOL,) ive looked in the editor and though it was under render games room but the icons are greyout for me. Any help appreciated.
Thats a problem, I have never saw this happen. are you sure you have the correct versions installed?
windows 10 or 11?
go to defender or your antivirus and add a exclusion or an exception so this folder never gets scanned.
you could be blocking with widows memory protection etc.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back