Can't 'Start' the table - Hoops (Gottlieb 1991)

NateMac00

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine

Scripting is not my forte, i'm able to launch the table, i'm able to add coins, but I just can't get it to start. It seems the DMD doesn't fully load either. If anyone has an idea on how to get this table working again let me know. I've reached out to the original author, but no word back, it's also been over a year since he's posted anything.

Solution
This table is one of those that needs the pre-initialized nvram for it to accept coins.
It is included in the bally_6803 gts3 nvram package (link).
I added the pre-initialized hoops.nv file as an attachment, in case you can't find the nvram package.
Copy content of zip file to your nvram folder located in your VPinMAME folder.
Hope this helps you.
As a longtime baller, I just had to check this one out!

Okay... installed it just now for the first time ever, and didn't see the same issues. I'm guessing it's not an NVRAM issue then, but do you have the latest scripts installed?

Btw, this one predates DMD's and was an 80's-style LED display, instead. The four score displays are arranged across the backbox and overlap on to the table a bit.

Last edited:
This table is one of those that needs the pre-initialized nvram for it to accept coins.
It is included in the bally_6803 gts3 nvram package (link).
I added the pre-initialized hoops.nv file as an attachment, in case you can't find the nvram package.
Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• hoops nvram.zip
    571 bytes · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
@xenonph,
Thanks Xenon. I totally forgot GTS3 was Gottlieb's!

I've therefore added that information to the resource entry, plus linked the two now combined NVRAM packs you mentioned in your post.

Btw, I just realised we don't have any of your tables here(!) What do you think about uploading one or two of your favorites?

Last edited:
I would be honored to upload my tables here!! (Or a couple favorites!!) Thanks!!

We would be honoured to host them all, I've always liked your enhanced sound mod tables. :rasta:

Thank you
It is included in the bally_6803 gts3 nvram package (link 1)(link 2).
Hope this helps you.

@xenonph & @Ike Savage Thank you for the help, damn you guys are quick!
So turns out on top of the nvram issue, I also had a bad ROM, downloaded this guy (https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/hoops.1949/ (hoops))
plus the nvram file provided by @xenonph and I was good to go. the bally and gts3 did not include any hoops.nv

Thanks so much for the help, can we post that NVRAM file in the resources?

@xenonph & @Ike Savage Thank you for the help, damn you guys are quick!
Well, we're not running around trying to plan our weddings now, are we? :)

...the bally and gts3 did not include any hoops.nv

Thanks so much for the help, can we post that NVRAM file in the resources?
Good idea!

Okay... the two packs (Bally and Gottlieb) are now consolidated; 57 tables in all, including "Hoops."

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back