Bally Solved Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy (Bally, 1976) fuse block

pinballjimmy

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
taxi
Hi new to the forum. Need a little assistance. Recently got a Capt fantastic. I had lights for a minute but then out. Fuse clips were wimpy of course. Got them to make contact but after a minute or so almost all lights out. Only a few girls on pf working. Tested voltage at the two 5a light fuses and surprised to find 12v readings. Thing is I'm not sure if the fuse block is wired correct. Can someone look at this pic and verify the wiring and or 0ost a pic showing correct wiring. Before I get hate for the chop job I soldered the fuse in there because I dont have a fuse block on hand but am in the process of replacing this week with new. Otherwise it is wired as I found it. Thanks.
Ps tried to add pic and wouldnt work. Please use the link.
PBJ

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GXXz2DsglxgtRNfTSqtlmlBNzl78-CIK/view?usp=drivesdk

view

view
view

Last edited:
Those fuse holders are shot! The lights will never work correctly with them in. Single fuse holders might be easier to find and install.

Solution
Agreed. New oneswill go on this week. Im just trying to verify they are wired correctly or not. Wonering why I'mreading 12 volts and not 6. This is testing where the wires are soldered to the clips and not the clips themselves.

I checked your pic against the schematic and it’s wired correctly. Voltage measurements are done with the black meter probe to the black common wires.

Follow up: replaced all fuse holders, cleaned the coin door jones plug and set it to free play. Fired right up.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back