Circus Voltaire says 'Coin door open' and doesn't start

Clsx

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
Hi

I've tried various versions of CV for VP9 and VPX , and while I don't get any errors while booting (and I believe I have the correct roms) , it says 'coin door open' on the pinmame lcd display and I can't start the game

I tried restarting numerous times , deleting nvram and cfg file , with no avail

When I check the VP controller settings , there seems to be a button for coin door , but I can't assign it to a button (keyboard key)

Its drop down menu says button 1 button2 button3 ..... but I can't set it up :(

Any ideas on this one ?

Have a great one

I think Coin door is the End Key on Keyboard.
The PinMAME Buttons are hard coded on the Keyboard I think, but the drop down button settings you are talking about are for a gamepad controller if you have one plugged in.
When in doubt, you can always hit F2 when table is running and it will tell you all the relevant keys, as seen in pic.
(This pic is not from Cirqus Voltaire table but just showing you an example)
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I think Coin door is the End Key on Keyboard.
The PinMAME Buttons are hard coded on the Keyboard I think, but the drop down button settings you are talking about are for a gamepad controller if you have one plugged in.
When in doubt, you can always hit F2 when table is running and it will tell you all the relevant keys, as seen in pic.
(This pic is not from Cirqus Voltaire table but just showing you an example)
View attachment 25586

Thanks for the reply

I'm on my laptop atm , which doesn't have a numpad so no end key here , is it possible to assign it to a different key ?

Best regards

@Clsx
On most laptops, you can press Fn + Right Arrow and it will function as the END key.

Thanks , will check it asap :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back