Gottlieb Count-Down (Gottlieb, 1979) ODD BEHAVIOUR

willyv235536

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Count Down
Hell all, this is my first post and desperate looking for some help. I have had a Gottlieb Count Down machine for several years now and knock on wood haven't had many issues I could not resolve. Rebuilt the flipper assemblies a few times and replaced one drop down flag solenoid.

The issue I am facing at the moment that I can not figure out is about a month ago, every time I press the flippers the machine adds 50 points to the scoreboard and as you can imagine this is almost annoying. Additionally, none of the bumpers will give points now. I have looked at and tested every fuse I can find to no avail. I still have not gone through all the switches and cleaned them but haven's given much credibility that one of those is a bad actor since it is literally all the bumpers that give points that aren't working.

As long as I am on here, I also have one broken yellow target and I can not find any new or used. Any good resource for parts or is it pretty much that the spare part well is dried up?

Thanks in advance.

Hell all, this is my first post and desperate looking for some help. I have had a Gottlieb Count Down machine for several years now and knock on wood haven't had many issues I could not resolve. Rebuilt the flipper assemblies a few times and replaced one drop down flag solenoid.

The issue I am facing at the moment that I can not figure out is about a month ago, every time I press the flippers the machine adds 50 points to the scoreboard and as you can imagine this is almost annoying. Additionally, none of the bumpers will give points now. I have looked at and tested every fuse I can find to no avail. I still have not gone through all the switches and cleaned them but haven's given much credibility that one of those is a bad actor since it is literally all the bumpers that give points that aren't working.

As long as I am on here, I also have one broken yellow target and I can not find any new or used. Any good resource for parts or is it pretty much that the spare part well is dried up?

Thanks in advance.
All of the 50 point switches need to be checked for almost closed or actually closed that would allow flipper vibration to close switch.
Once a 50 point switch stays closed no other 50 point switches will work until the closed switch opens. Sometimes removing the playfield plastics helps in checking the switches.
The pinball resource and Marco specialties are gottlieb parts suppliers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back