Gottlieb Cover Girl (Gottlieb, 1962) scoring problem

Jonas 11

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
North Star
I have a gottlieb cover girl machine I purchased . When I bought it. The person that owned it prior put more tension on the large spring by making a a 1/4 inch shorter . I replace it with a new one . But what’s happening some times the rollover will score 6 points instead of the original 5 points . Also the ten point score will jump 20 points instead of 10 points only intermittently it happens .any suggestions @ pinballdaveh

@Jonas 11 I hope you don't mind me correcting the @pinballdaveh tag for visibility (the @must be next to the name)
With a newer less powerful spring the return action of the plunger and arm might not be strong enough to advance reel to where the arm that prevents counter rotation isn’t seating on to the gear. This might also have a problem for the end of stroke switch to work properly during the relay pulsing for scoring.
The added pressure on the cam from the 9th position switch when the reel advances from 8 to 9 might hinder operation also.

With a newer less powerful spring the return action of the plunger and arm might not be strong enough to advance reel to where the arm that prevents counter rotation isn’t seating on to the gear. This might also have a problem for the end of stroke switch to work properly during the relay pulsing for scoring.
The added pressure on the cam from the 9th position switch when the reel advances from 8 to 9 might hinder operation also.
Really appreciate your insights as always, Dave, even when I can only half-follow them due to not having requisite equipment at hand!

In any case, from the site's landing page, I've tweaked the "Shoutbox" message to "🅣🅗🅔 🅢🅗🅞🅤🅣🅑🅞🅧! Unregistered users can ask simple questions and post comments here. Feel free to register for the full experience."

Even so, as you can see, there's a person there asking for help upon Williams' "Comet." As usual, nobody follows the suggested directions in this scene.

Bah.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back