VP8 Flipperless Support File Tutorial Cracker Jack Template released

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
I've made a template from a simple Cracker Jack toy pin for new authors and anyone who might simply be curious how the VP Editor works. I have fully commented the script, so that you can try things out. With 10 playfield images and 3 ball images to choose from, you can learn the basics of making tables without a long involved script to wade through. Simply open the table to the editor screen, and Save As to a different name, and then feel free to experiment and learn at your own pace.

I have included how-to information at the start of the scipt, so you should be able to try out many of the skills and procedures needed to make tables. When you feel you're ready to move on, I invite you to download my Starter Kit, which has many more table templates, several different types of tables, and most fully commented. Using the Starter Kit, you'll learn many more skills, and can borrow any of the code routines Patrick and I use. While the tables are flipperless, the code works for any and all tables. I hope folks find it useful. You can download this beginner template by following this link and paging down to find it:

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/modul...sdownload&sid=6&min=20&orderby=titleA&show=20

John

567.jpg

nifty :) If I wanted to make one of these I'd download it. Thanks for making it available.

destruk said:
nifty :) If I wanted to make one of these I'd download it. Thanks for making it available.

You're welcome, but you have to be joking. Why would you need a template for anything Brian? But hopefully some folks who have been putting off trying to make a table will look at it and see that it's not as daunting as it seems. And I wonder if anyone will ask where to download the roms for it? :p

John

Does it have roms? :) Would you happen to have a template for Bally Pinball Circus?

destruk said:
Does it have roms? :) Would you happen to have a template for Bally Pinball Circus?

I'd whip a Pinball Cirus template right up for you, but I keep getting confused by those flippers. I can't quite get the hang of how they work. :p

John

Just look at them as little isolated nudging points.

Shockman said:
Just look at them as little isolated nudging points.

Did somebody say Nudge? Now that I can relate to. And here I thought flippers were use to bat bar flys away with.

John

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back