Cue-T CompleTe

HakyokuSeiken

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
This is a remake along similar lines of Eight Ball Remix with a few differences:

1) The main difference (and reason for the Complete in the title) is that it will have both EM and Remix versions in the same table selectable via option menu. The Remixed mode will be as EBR was..not much in the way of rule changes as much as new sounds and light sequences.

2) Another difference is that either version will have options to turn on and off various slingshots (even ones that weren't present in the real game such as above the horseshoe) which will pacify players who like faster gameplay and aren't concerned with how badly I tarnish the original's gameplay. :)

I've been getting a lot of help from a few individuals reguarding gameplay and graphics that I'd like to give a thanks to (you'll no doubt hear me thank them again later so you can skip it this time if you want :) )

Plumb - Table tweaks
Bendigo - rules and mech help
LuvThatApex - AWESOME 15 megs worth of photos of this beauty
?? - I'm getting a preminition that the thank you's will probably be identical to EBR's acknowledgments.. :roll:

Anyway, here's a super early screenshot. I'm in the process of redrawing the playfield high res so that that it makes sense to do lighting effects on it. ;)

Attachments

• wip1ss.jpg
    wip1ss.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 834
Looks cool already Haky. This is one I'm not familiar with at all. BTW, when you do finish it, feel free to upload it here to the Unusual Flipper Placement section. With the bumper between the flippers, it'll fit right in here. I'll be on the look out for the other images we discussed. And thanks for joining over here, what took so long? :p

John

Funny..I remember someone (was it BOB?) who said the same thing when I joined up at VPFF...:p

The game is by Williams...around teh same time as Fan-Tas-Tic. It's another billiards themed table. I chose it for that and the fact I like Christain Marche's artwork, which this table sports. :) I hope I can make it look as cool as Starman's stuff. He's just incredible. Fan-Tas-Tic has to have the best lighting I've ever seen on a VP-rendered table and as well it's just got a good vibe eminating from it. Here's hoping I can do it justice....:D

How that's really aiming high. Starman is amazing with his lighting and innovative game play on his originals too. And your Eight Ball Remix really is on par with some of the best. That's one reason I stick with my bagatelle and flipperless, besides no one else doing them, there's less competition to compare my meger skills against. So, are you trying to pad your post count already? :p

John

Worked on the artwork and have been auditioning music for the remix version today. Probably going to go with classic jazz of either blues or bebop/swing, both of which put the piano at the forfront of the sound (cause that's what I dig...ya dig?).

I'd estimate I've got about 20% of the original graphics redrawn at this point.

And now, one of the Cue-T's, Miss Striped Dress '68 herself, Purplina!

Attachments

• playing_pool.jpg
    playing_pool.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 823
I Reallly like the 8 ball remix and these images look excellent HakyokuSeiken!

:geekdance:

Blues would be most excellent Haky, and is my favorite kind of music. If you need any Blues just let me know, I have loads of it from old time to Clayton to Robert Cray, and almost everything and anything in between.

John

Just receieved some more pics from Frogacuda. Am now going to ble to make this table as good as I want it to be (if you know me, I don't release any old table I happen to spend 20 minutes on in VP...I gotta like it myself first before I send it out to die in the world. :)

No new screenshots as of yet, just letting you guys know I'm still working on it...only thing that I wish I hadn't done was redraw it once already...I just started using a better program for restoring pinball graphics, right after I had done about 90% of them already...but in the long run, it will be better for everyone. I'm going to release the graphics (which are easily editable by anyone so if I made a mistake, it's easily fixed...) for anyone to use. They're scalable with no detail loss so if someone wanted to, say, make the table in FP, nothing would need to be done...just export the graphics at the maximum resolution supported by FP and you're ready to go. :)

At any rate, I'm gonna go back on my weekly update schedule as I did near the final days of EBR. I'll try and have some significant progress or goal achieved by each monday. When it gets to scripting stage, new betas will go out on monday. Let's hope nothing happens to me! :p

Glad to hear that you're still hard at work on this one. You sounded about ready to throw in the towel not long ago, as frustrated as you were. Don't forget the #1 rule Haky, do it to make yourself happy. On a side note, I'm tinkering with your gift, and have only added one bumper so far. If I can find graphics for it, I may evolve it into a Return To Mayberry theme, since I've always like the Andy Griffith show.

John

I can't leave pinball...that would be impossible...but I can leave the crowd and enjoy it alone. That's what I was willing (and still am) to do if things don't change...really, I probably am too thinned skinned for some things...lately, I'm not having a lot of extra-pinball communications what with being unemployed at the moment and living 30 minutes from the closest friend, so I sometimes get too invested in things that dont really affect my life that much. That's why I was ready to just up and leave...I still don't think the community is really worthy of being called as such...more like a 'group', but you never know...but again, I'd just be silent, but still work on my projects...kind of like a mad scientist in his labority at the top of devil's mountain...conducting his mad experiments that sometimes leak out into the general public when they least expect it...but ONLY on a dark and stormy night...cause that's the way it is in the movies isn't it? Hehehe...

*ahem*

Yeah, sorry about that Wrenchien moment.

:)

So should we start calling you HakyWrench? I understand what you're talking about. That's one reason you never see a WIP or a beta from me. When do you have to reprt for Basic Training?

John

August 16 is my ship date, but I'm probably not going to be available much 2 weeks prior to that.

So we can keep you with us for four more short months, and then we have to lend you the the military? Doesn't seem fair to me, VP and pinball is a lot more important than following orders. I presume it's too late for you to change your mind, isn't it?

John

But I need you. You're one of a very few who have ever agreed with anything I have said. Now Bob might actually agree with me once in a while, but he'll never admit it for some reason. I don't really need people tp agree with me, since I know I'm right, but it gives me a nice warm, fuzzy feeling. :p

John

Looking good Haky though I feel those posts are a tad overdone and may look better with lighting/contrast toned done a bit.

Oh I don't stress to much about the work thing, see Todd.....

http://www.oddtodd.com/

This table is dead as well as my interest in making pins.

This is not some 'I need motivation' post. I'm seriously done with the whole scene... it makes me angry and working on a table that only 4 or 5 people would audibly appreciate (yet hundreds leech) is just pointless...I've no intention of making VP table collecting a tad more intersting cause there's yet one more out there to download...and sadly, that's the view of 99% of the VP table downloaders...

So a big fuck off to those...to everyone else I know, sorry, but it's time to stop. This scene just gets more retarded by the day.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back