GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
Discuss3.gif

Translate to French or Other LanguageClick on the link on the left and a new tab will open with this page translated into French. Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language.

Note: You can download individual ball packs on this page. You can also download all of the available custom balls in one download on the "Overview" tab when you click on the download link. The "Overview" tab also has all the custom ball tutorials on it.

Also note that if you click on the option below that says "Click to expand", you can press the refresh button on your web browser and the option will compress back.

All of these packs unzip to a folder named "Balls" which may be saved to C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\Balls. If you save all the available balls there, you may have problems with resources on your PC so you should select only the ones you want to use. BAM loads all the balls in the C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\Balls folder when the table starts. Each ball is zipped and it needs to stay zipped for it to work.

If you create any custom balls, feel free to post them on this topic. Likewise, if you figure out a new ways to use custom balls, post your ideas here.

Screenshots of Custom Balls

The custom balls here are broken apart into packs of about 10 balls each (more or less). The packs can be downloaded at the end of this posting. See screenshots of the balls below:

Pack 1a (This pack has been included in the BAM installation files)
Pack 1a.png

Pack 1b (This pack was built by Ravarcade and has been included in the BAM installation files)
Pack 1b.png

Pack 2
Pack 2.png

Pack 3
Pack 3.png

Pack 4
Pack 4.png

Pack 5
Pack 5.png

Pack 6
Pack 6.png

Pack 7
Pack 7.png

Pack 8
Pack 8.png

Pack 9
Pack 9.png

Pack 10
Pack 10.png

Pack 11
These are some of Miownkhan's previously unpublished custom balls. Note that the color cue balls look a little dark on the screenshots but they look good when the balls are in play on a table.
Pack 11.png

Pack 12
More of Miownkhan's previously unpublished custom balls.
Pack 12.png

Pack 13
Pack 13.png

Pack 14
Pack 14.png

Pack 15
Pack 15.png

Pack 16
Custom balls created by GeorgeH
Pack 16.png

Pack 17
More custom balls created by GeorgeH
Pack 17.jpg

Pack 18
Custom balls created by Gimli
Pack 18.png

Pack 19
Soccer balls created by Gimli
Pack 19.png

George

Attachments

• Pack 1a.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • Pack 1b.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • Pack 2.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 36
  • Pack 3.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
  • Pack 4.zip
    4 MB · Views: 27
  • Pack 5.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 29
  • Pack 6.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Pack 7.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 26
  • Pack 8.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 31
  • Pack 9.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 30
  • Pack 10.zip
    7 MB · Views: 28
  • Pack 11.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 25
  • Pack 12.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 33
  • Pack 13.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 26
  • Pack 14.zip
    9 MB · Views: 34
  • Pack 15.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Pack 16.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 28
  • Pack 17.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 28
  • Pack 18.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 30
  • Pack 19.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hey guys,

The topic is finished for Custom Balls. For those of you that have previously downloaded all of them from the GoPinball site, there are several new packs. See Packs 11 through 15.

George

Last edited:
Thanks for this!!
It is appreciated!!

Superb and a good collection of balls ( snigger ) gonna be using some of these for sure love the pacman and plasmas ones, but all very good.

Superb and a good collection of balls ( snigger ) gonna be using some of these for sure love the pacman and plasmas ones, but all very good.

Thanks! Some of my favorite custom balls were the plasmas that Miownkhan created but never published until now in Pack 14. Most of the ones I created are plasmas in Packs 16 and 17. Gimli created a couple as well in Pack 18.

Thanks! Some of my favorite custom balls were the plasmas that Miownkhan created but never published until now in Pack 14. Most of the ones I created are plasmas in Packs 16 and 17. Gimli created a couple as well in Pack 18.
This is great GeorgeH , I will link to in my BAM how-to guide soon.
Here is a pack of Sports Balls Only that I am working on .
some include improved balls using Equirectangular / Spherical Maps

I will expand it to include Billiard Balls and Bocci balls soon.
I will also perhaps come up with videos demonstrating a few other things like normal maps and gif balls...

You can dowload the balls below and put them in your BAM/balls folder

View attachment Future Pinball 2022-07-14 09-48-40-67.mp4

Attachments

• Sports.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Attachments

• Balls.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Thanks Bob!

I just finished working on this. I originally posted it to the forum group and Charles helped me get it set up correctly under both the resource and forum pages. This has everything I know about custom balls all in one location.

Bob (Gimli) has figured out a new way to design custom balls. All of the custom balls made to date have had square textures that are duplicated on each side of the ball and have a seam all the way around the ball. Bob figured out a way to use textures that have double the width to the height of the texture. This texture extends all the way around the ball. Now we can create a custom ball of the whole earth and not just half of it.

I will be posting an update to this posting to include Bob's new custom balls and explain how to build them.

George

Thanks Bob!

I just finished working on this. I originally posted it to the forum group and Charles helped me get it set up correctly under both the resource and forum pages. This has everything I know about custom balls all in one location.

Bob (Gimli) has figured out a new way to design custom balls. All of the custom balls made to date have had square textures that are duplicated on each side of the ball and have a seam all the way around the ball. Bob figured out a way to use textures that have double the width to the height of the texture. This texture extends all the way around the ball. Now we can create a custom ball of the whole earth and not just half of it.

I will be posting an update to this posting to include Bob's new custom balls and explain how to build them.

George
Thanks !
Ya Rav taught me about this I believe when I was working on the billiards table and informed me some of the demo balls that come with BAM use “spherical maps” or a 2:1 negative image for the 452.bmp texture

These if created properly will wrap smoothly around the ball

The ball packs are by far the easiest
but BAM does allow for unlimited creativity. The BB-8 ball in @TerryRed S upcoming Mod is my fav ;)

The ball packs are by far the easiest
but BAM does allow for unlimited creativity. The BB-8 ball in @TerryRed S upcoming Mod is my fav

That is definitely the coolest custom ball I have ever seen but it is a little beyond my skill level.

You guys haven't seen it yet.... but in RetroFlair 2.... I have a Super Pac-Man mode... and yes.... he's a big boy ball

Attachments

• Billiard Ball 01.zip
    47.1 KB · Views: 30
I changed the background of the 1 ball. See if you like it better (attached).
Thanks I will have look….Iwas going check if I converted to 24 bit bmp’s or something lesser

GeorgeH updated Custom Balls with a new update entry:

Custom Balls

This update includes directions on how to build custom balls using the new method of having the texture go all the way around the ball instead of duplicating a single texture to cover both sides of the ball. I noticed that Ravarcade added some custom balls to the "balls" folder that is added when you update BAM. I added these to Pack1b and renamed the old Pack 1 to Pack 1a. Ravarcade added a ball named "Latlong" that looks washed out so I increased the contrast of the 452.bmp texture and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I was experimenting with some equirectangular maps that I found on the internet and created three balls. There is not enough to create a new ball pack. I thought I would share them here. I might include them in my next ball pack. The one on the right is using the negative image of what I found on the internet. The positive image was too washed out but the negative image is just right.

Black2.pngBlack3.pngBlack4.png

Attachments

• Experiment1.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Experiment2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Experiment3.zip
    215.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Man I need a life... Sitting here downloading balls... Good grief I need help. lol
Cool stuff there gentlemen. Very cool.

Man I need a life... Sitting here downloading balls... Good grief I need help. lol
Cool stuff there gentlemen. Very cool.

There are many custom balls here! Just remember that adding all of them to the BAM "Balls" folder will add time to your start up because all the balls in the folder must be loaded into memory. It is best to only save your favorites that you will frequently use there.

I created 4 new custom balls, have a good fun.

grendizer3 ball-001.jpggolden ball-001.jpgGrendizer2.jpg

Attachments

• Grendizer1.zip
    603.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Grendizer2.zip
    653.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Grendizer4.zip
    474.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Grendizer5.zip
    545.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back