druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
Updated from 2003 to run on VPX. A TON of updates here and the FIRST VP concave table.

Now includes high score saving and score / high score purging.

Also added all the VPX sounds for a better gaming experience; hear the balls roll, clank against metal and smacking against one another.

Have fun!!!

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=5516

Attachments

• DaisyScreenshotVPX.jpg
    DaisyScreenshotVPX.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
I'll be danged if I don't remember that -exact- image & table from many years ago, VP-wise. No idea why, but... hum.

So when you say "concave," does that mean that the PF is sort of shaped like a bowl, with proper physics to match?

It is concave or "conical" like a bowl yes. Enjoy.

PS: Yes, the physics are quite nice as the ball gradually rolls to the center....IF you are good enough to get it there...

This table took me over a year to finish thanks to the ramps but it works near flawless.

Have fun.

PS: Yes, the physics are quite nice as the ball gradually rolls to the center....IF you are good enough to get it there...

This table took me over a year to finish thanks to the ramps but it works near flawless.

Have fun.
Ah, I was wondering how you did that. My first guess was via physical formulas to influence BallX and BallY values. Very cool the way you did it, though, and probably more elegant than just using math or something.

But yeah, somehow I actually do remember now that you wound up using ramps. IIRC you first released this around the early to mid aughts or so. Not sure why I have such a clear memory of all that, but maybe it's because there was a certain amount of debate about how to carry it off properly. But I was pretty fascinated by all the little VP tips and tricks at the time, which probably explains it.

If you ever get a chance, feel free to check out my Billiards project. Never really finished, but I was kinda proud of myself for coming up with the only rotatable table in VP history... well, AFAIK.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=4336

Ah, I was wondering how you did that. My first guess was via physical formulas to influence BallX and BallY values. Very cool the way you did it, though, and probably more elegant than just using math or something.

But yeah, somehow I actually do remember now that you wound up using ramps. IIRC you first released this around the early to mid aughts or so. Not sure why I have such a clear memory of all that, but maybe it's because there was a certain amount of debate about how to carry it off properly. But I was pretty fascinated by all the little VP tips and tricks at the time, which probably explains it.

If you ever get a chance, feel free to check out my Billiards project. Never really finished, but I was kinda proud of myself for coming up with the only rotatable table in VP history... well, AFAIK.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=4336

To be honest, Math can be just as elegant as finding a more simple solution, but it honestly was not needed here. I don't know why, but I just figured if ramps were blended just at the right edge and height it SHOULD work. It did.

I'll have to check out your billiards table soon as it looks very interesting. I could see since VPX that you could add a stick as a ball through kickers and could manipulate the ball to move via kickers and rotate the stick making the game much more realistic. That would sound like my cup of tea actually and would be a fun challenge. Who knows. Perhaps when I find the time.

Anyway, enjoy the game and have fun.

I am currently working on another concave table but it has to be drawn by hand as no photo or image is known to exist. It will take time, but will use the same scripting as Daisy. It also has NO WALLS or PINS on the playfield except for the outer wall.

90k views? WOW.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back