No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Hi everyone.....
Here, we can insert a demonstration of tables, wiht the he various "Bam functions and commands", to give an idea of what it can do.
Here is the first example, a video.... which could sometimes be a better way to understand

The first innovation that Bam allows, the Mini-Playfield function (abbreviated MP).Allows you to take objects, and move them, through two boxes, watch the video to understand ....
View attachment Krull-Bam.mp4

Here is the direct link to the MP function explanation (by Gimli Tutorial) -------> https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?threads/bam-feature-how-to-guides.19601/#post-120548

Last edited:
Here is a demo of my big update to RetroFlair, now called RetroFlair BAM Edition.

I used BAM for many things...in particular the new physics, lighting, shadowmaps, and mini playfields for the new PacMan, Speedball, and Outrun modes.

Of course BAM also allowed me to add PinEvent support to it.

There's still more I want to do with it someday.

'**** TerryRed BAM Edition Mod V1.21 *****

' added new BAM dynamic physics
' adjusted flipper, bumper settings in editor for strength and elasticity (in editor)
' adjusted table slope (in editor)
' added new adjustable BAM lighting for playfield inserts
' added new adjustable BAM lighting for GI ("detached" nanoflashers)
' added control to turn off GI lighting when ramp flashers go off, and when launching ball
' added new BAM shadow maps
' added new BAM RGB flashers (on the slingshots) that change colour to match the game's progress
' added "detached" coloured flashers for launch ball rainbow light sequence
' changed bumpers to coloured ghost matching the ghost toys
' changed ghost toys to only move when their matching ghost bumper is hit
' added invisible guide on left orbit so ball movement was smooth coming down
' added fpMusicVolume variable to allow adjusting the volume of the music played
' added smoke's ZBRrollingballsoundslib (FP ball rolling function)
' added new Pac-Man mode! (eat pills, avoid ghosts to eat Power Pill, then hit Bumpers to eat ghosts)
' added Custom Balls for Default, and Pac-Man
' added new Speedball mode (hit all Opponent targets, then avoid random Opponent and get the Power Ball)
' added new Outrun mode (avoid cars, hit Checkpoint ramp 3 times to change Outrun tunes to complete the mode)
' added new marquee images for left sign that change for each tune
' added side rails for cabinet views
' added full PinEvent support for DOF MX PuP-SSF
' added new PUP SSF 3D positional Ball Rolling support for 5.1 / 7.1 sound setups
' adeed PinEvent PUPDMD support to display the score, text and animated videos

The new BAM feature I'm adding to PinEvent tables, is supporting the PuP Plug-in that can stream any window into FP as any texture.

I'm adding support to display the PinEvent PuP Backglass and PuP FullDMD into FP. You can choose to display these on:

- the FP backglass
- the apron cards
- the Desktop HUD

All of these are optional... but you can also change it to display ANY window in the above locations. So if you want to show Netflix from a browser window...or a Youtube video, etc.

This will only work if the windows are displayed and not covered by another program's window. So ideally you want to display the pup-pack on a 2nd monitor / dummy plug monitor / spare input of your monitor.

The image below shows the pup-pack on the right displayed on my dummy plug monitor. The top right and bottom right can be anything you want for additional streams...though using more than two seems to drop fps.

1590157712916.png

You can also use BAM mini playfields to relocate the PuP Stream Apron cards wherever you want for fun.

1590158149630.png

1590158173058.png

The big benefit here is that this allows pup-packs to be usable in desktop and viewed in FULLSCREEN as its literally in the FP game this way.

For cabinet users running PinEvent....this will just stream their normal PuP BG and FullDMD...and they can view it as apron cards.

The really cool thing is being able to see this in VR! It's so natural and brings FP VR to another level!

Last edited:
@wild
@TerryRed

Nice examples !!
Terry you are becoming very proficient with "Miniplayfield" tricks !

@wild
@TerryRed

Nice examples !!
Terry you are becoming very proficient with "Miniplayfield" tricks !

The latest version of BAM that calculates your mini pf center for you makes it MUCH easier to play around with mini pf's. Being able to use collisions and physics in them would have probably made RF BAM easier to make as well :)

PinEvent: PUP Stream - Playfield Mini Screen

I'm now making this a new official option for the upcoming PinEvent 1.4 update!
With the new PUP Stream update I'm adding, you have the "options" to display any "window" you want (PuP or any program's window) on the following places in the FP table:
  • Future Pinball Backglass
  • FullDMD
  • Apron Cards
  • HUD Left/Right (Desktop)
  • BackBox All in One (for square monitor users)
...now you can have a mini PUP screen on the playfield!

This can display the BG, FullDMD...or any window you want, as long as it's not obscured or blocked by another program's window. (it has to be visible in Windows so it can be streamed)

The ideal setup is to have each "window" you want to stream being displayed on a separate monitor / dummy plug monitor / spare input on your monitor. So a cabinet / multi-screen user can already make use of the normal pup-pack displays (BG, FullDMD, Topper) for VR, or cabinet modes,etc and it should run great for you.

For Desktop mode, you can display multiple windows on one monitor / dummy plug,etc...but that will greatly reduce the fps of each stream compared to having them shown on separate monitors.

So when PinEvent 1.4 is released soon... you will need to update to PinEvent 1.4, the latest BAM, possibly update the pup plug-in (if its not part of BAM update), and update the tables and pup-packs.

After...I hope I'm recovered enough from surgery so I can get on to updating more tables for PinEvent.

1590435799573.png1590435810258.png
1590435819270.png
1590435833613.png
1590435858204.png

useful for heighway pinball.

Last edited:
this is a simple demonstration of how day-night-darknight functions can be used ... etc ... in "Bam menu Light"

the table is in "darkknight" mode, then when I hit the slingshot or a bumper, it switches to day mode, this effect could replace a normal light, for example, in bumpers.....as I do, now in my tables.

now that also in the "xBAM.CreateAllExt" (always with regard to the lights), also works" lightimage "of Fp, I was able to make the Mp more illuminated when the ball enters the MP ....

I asked rav, if it is possible to change the color, of the effect of the light which is white, (switching from darknight to day) when I hit a bumpers .... for example red, or blue, or green .... or as you wish:cool:

I am currently using BAM to create Brio Labyrinth recreations. I used BAM miniplayfield tool :
1. to grab the FP pinball table and make it disappear
2. Grab ,scale and animate my main Labyrinth Miniplayfield
3. Grab , attach, scale and animate the surrounding boxes
4.Grab , attach scale and animate the knob
5. Grab the rat toy and attach it to the ball

I used BAM Create Custom ball code to create a main ball that can be tracked and have objects attached too.
I used BAM Ball Tracking code to instruct Rat Toy to always point in direction of ball trajectory
I used BAM Xml code as a comment to adjust physics properties in script

Using these same BAM features , Wild and are recreating Rat Race by Williams

Attachments

• LabyrinthRat.fpt
    2.1 MB · Views: 114
  • LabyrinthHard5.fpt
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
Recently in honour of the passing of our friend Franzleo ( Gianfranco), Wild and I updated the Nip-it table.

We used these BAM features:
Using Miniplayfield tool:
1. Grabbed and made collidable/uncollidable two sets of invisible flippers
2. Grabbed, scaled animated and attached visible textures on top of 1. To Create "Zipper Flippers"
3.Grabbed, attached and animated 4 different Balligator models to create Balligator Nipping
4.Grabbed, scaled the Jukebox
5.Grabbed,scaled, attached and animated Jukebox glass doors
6.Grabbed, scaled, attached and animated the records for the jukebox

Bam dynamic lighting created by wild
XML code in script
Flipper and ball shadows
Shadow Maps
Dynamic Flippers
Ball Rolling Sounds

Attachments

• Nip-It_2.0 Bam Wild_mode.fpt
    37.2 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Wild and I also recently modded SLAMT1LT's DSA table which already had (Dynamic Lighting, Ball Rolling Sounds, Ball and Flipper Shadows, Dynamic Flippers, Miniplayfield animation of R2D2 and Light Sabers, Shadow Maps)

Wild supplied toys and create hardware and lighting for Xwing and Death Star.
We used Miniplayfield tool to:
1. Grab, Scale and animate the Death Star
2.Grab, Scale and animate the Xwing
3. Grab and animate for retractable light sabers

Create a BB-8 ball
Used Miniplayfield tool to:
1. Grab head and body as separated parts

Used Custom ball code to create base ball to which BB-8 us attached
Used Bam Ball tracking code to assing BB8 to Custom ball and have the head track with ball trajectory

Attachments

• Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE BB8 Xwing.fpt
    132.4 MB · Views: 112
Wild and I also recently modded SLAMT1LT's DSA table which already had (Dynamic Lighting, Ball Rolling Sounds, Ball and Flipper Shadows, Dynamic Flippers, Miniplayfield animation of R2D2 and Light Sabers, Shadow Maps)

Wild supplied toys and create hardware and lighting for Xwing and Death Star.
We used Miniplayfield tool to:
1. Grab, Scale and animate the Death Star
2.Grab, Scale and animate the Xwing
3. Grab and animate for retractable light sabers

Create a BB-8 ball
Used Miniplayfield tool to:
1. Grab head and body as separated parts

Used Custom ball code to create base ball to which BB-8 us attached
Used Bam Ball tracking code to assing BB8 to Custom ball and have the head track with ball trajectory

When I eventually start updating SW DSA U-Pro for PinEvent (its next on the list)... I will see if I can integrate your BB-8 ball as an option. I may need your help on that part. :)

When I eventually start updating SW DSA U-Pro for PinEvent (its next on the list)... I will see if I can integrate your BB-8 ball as an option. I may need your help on that part. :)
Sure thing . I'll have an option to turn BB-8 on/off

Coming soon...

Krull:Miniplayfield in custom camera:cool:

Note: watch the whole video, because when the ball comes out of the MP, it can return in "scrolling" or "fixed" ..... this is another way of creating a custom camera.

Here is another example, regarding the custom camera, when opening the table you can choose two options "any" or "allow" this means,that you can playing with the camera pre-set in this image, choose "any",or in custom camera choose "allow".
Catturax.JPG

obviously if you press the f4 to f11 keys, you can change the camera, but this method, allows you to set your custom camera in the script, without having to press a key every time....this is the wonder that BAM allows .

this could be of interest to @DavidVanScouten

@Ike Savage
I noticed (maybe it just happens to me) that when I insert a video, from my pc, or as an attachment, I don't hear the audio ..... instead (the same video) if I post it on youtube, and then I insert it as a link , the audio is heard, do you know why?

Last edited:
@Ike Savage
I noticed (maybe it just happens to me) that when I insert a video, from my pc, or as an attachment, I don't hear the audio ..... instead (the same video) if I post it on youtube, and then I insert it as a link , the audio is heard, do you know why?
No idea, but I can help investigate.

Link me an example?

I was able to play the Krull video with audio on YouTube. I have found that I sometimes accidentally press the mute button when I attempt to manually advance the video to a later time using the slider.

No idea, but I can help investigate.

Link me an example?

the first video, at the top of the thread, I don't hear it ... now I have inserted the same video in my last insertion, and equally I don't hear the audio. as I said before the one in youtbe the audio I hear it

I was able to play the Krull video with audio on YouTube. I have found that I sometimes accidentally press the mute button when I attempt to manually advance the video to a later time using the slider.

yes George, I said it before, that of youtube, I hear the audio, what I put now, I don't hear it .... try it yourself? maybe it's just my problem

The first video on message 15 plays on YouTube with audio. The second video has no option to play on YouTube.

The first video on message 15 plays on YouTube with audio. The second video has no option to play on YouTube.

I know, I said it before .....
the first one inserted on youtube, and it hear like all the videos, I put..in youtube...but the second video.I put with this method,
Cattura77.JPG

easier for me, and for everyone, isn't it? obviously, it's the same video.......
but with this method, at least I, don't hear it for now.......and now you too ,George

Last edited:
Ah!! I didn't think it was a YouTube video. I haven't used this option yet but I do actually hear the audio on both videos. The mute button is on the right side of the player here. You might check it to make sure the icon does not have a line through it.

I have used the picture option. You can insert a picture and you can drag the corner to size it just like you would do on a word processor.

The text color option actually changes the color of the text instead of having to add tags like on GoPinball. It is really nice.

@GeorgeH
of course I checked, George. I know that I can turn the sound on and off, bottom right, but I always had it turned on....so I don't know what the problem is that I don't hear it, in drp-video mode.

ok, against proof, download the video from here .... and then insert it yourself, (you use drop-video),so... I see if I can hear the audio

https://www.sendspace.com/file/w4a1zy

Thanks George, but it's unbelievable ,but is still I can't hear the audio:eek:

a mystery to me ..... in youtube yes..... in drp-video no

however, the important thing is .... that when I insert a video via drop-video mode, the other users can hear the audio?

Nothing to get too excited about (yet) but JG will have the next generation of shivaFlippers. The video is my test bed, I put a delay so I am fast enough to do it, but this is the first test of my simulated power to the coil type system, with the flippers being down. In other words, flickable flippers, at least at the bottom most angle. Next is to get them to do this at any angle.
I have also a better ball cradle system worked out, and hope to have a basic EOS setup as well.

It's really the math and the discovery of how FP flippers really work, in other words crappy, that seems to be the big delay. Once I work out the code, trick fp into doing what I want, get around the logic errors on my part just to flick the flippers, and make sure there are no noticeable errors with my code, I will do the next part, a simulated End Of Stroke setup.

In theory, this means ultimately, we can have flippers pretty close or matching some aspects of vpx flippers.
I don't know how successful I will be with everything, but so far, compared to current version of shivaFlippers? Night and day

The video shows a flick of 10 angles, but it actually works at lower angles of the flipper. The min Omega for the flippers is 7 at any angle.

Attachments

• FlipperToFlipperFlickAngle10.mp4
    10.4 MB
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back