Describe a typical day in your life

yogiholzer

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Motivated by bobs thread "Let's liven this place up!!" I try to continue here with another theme.

Describe a typically day in your life!!!

I start.

From 06:00 - 07:00 in the morning the 4 alarm clocks I have positioned around my bed start to ring and talk/sing (radio mode). I usually don't hear or I ignore them. 07:15 another alarm clock lets me wake and get up mostly on the wrong side of the bed at the crack of dawn. Don't talk to me before lunch! I do my work, but with much dislike. Half of the workday is over then. After a nice lunch at one of the restaurants around my workplace you are allowed to talk to me if I don't have afternoon nap. No, no, no, I can't do that! I work until late afternoon. 8 and 1/2 hours a day including 1/2 hour lunchtime. Flexible work time allows me to vary. After work I meet friends, do some sports (squash), seldom visit cinema, football/soccer games and cultural events in the city. Else I just do the shopping for food and things that are needed at home. After that homework (ironing, vacuum cleaning, ... ) is needed, but only done when it's really urgent. Sometimes I don't care about, but switch on TV for some entertainment while simultaneously reading newspaper or switch on PC for browsing here and there and visting VP/VPM forums until I have to go to bed for a few hours of sleep.

:shock: :cry: :lol: :?: :?: :?:

What do you do on a standard day of your life?

RE: Describe a typically day in your life

I drink a cup of coffee and smoke a couple of cigarettes to wind down right before my bedtime, that would be about 3:00 or 4:00 AM. I always read before I turn off my light, usually a comic book. I awake naturally (no alarm clocks) about 7 hours after falling asleep. I am also not a morning person, my wife never speaks to me until I've had my coffee and cigarettes, fortunately she's at work (she's retired, but still enjoys working) most days when I awake and I can have a peaceful morning. I then check out the pinball forums, usually there's nothing exciting happening at the forums, so I do a few chores. On Wednesday and Friday I leave the house about noon to go to a club to play cards, I return at midnight with a pocketful of money (that's the plan anyway)

It's incredible, but when you retire or are a bum, you seem to have no time to even mow the grass, let alone do all those things you've been waiting a lifetime to do. I prefer staying home and watching sports on TV, but my wife always wants to go shopping and to a restaraunt.

My son lives about 1/4 mile up the road (same road) and he likes (addicted) to play games, so once a week he calls me and we spend the evening playing games (his choice) He has a refinished basement dedicated to gaming, I gave him my pool table, he has a MAME cabinet, Foose ball table and he collects board games and goes to gaming conventions, but is not really interested in Comics or Pinball. He has a 9 month old son, my first grandchild, that I will try to introduce to Comics (mostly Spider-man) and Pinball.

Good thread Yogi!

thanks guys, interesting thread.

since i'm semi-disabled and not working i kind of just wake and sleep off-and-on throughout the day. this includes lots and lots of time laying in bed surfing the web, posting on different forums, playing computer board games, reading ebooks, downloading scanned comics and favorite TV series... imagine doing this all day long every day. fun for a couple days but pretty monotonous after that.

usually i go to my mom's for about a week out of a month to help with house projects there (gardening and fixit stuff). most days i play one or two sessions of gunbound online "scorched earth" game and drink some beers while doing so. about once a week i get together with a buddy and play some tennis and pinball (yay POTC!). as recently as a year ago i used to dribble the basketball and work on my moves about half an hour a day, but nowadays my feet are getting worse so not much basketball anymore.

about once a week i spend time with the thai kids in the neighborhood. this summer i taught them whiffle ball and they ate it up! other times i try to teach them the basics of juggling or tennis. when i moved in here i had a tonne of old toys and sports games which i've been slowly passing on to them. luckily i'm about to move now because my supply is now exhausted!

i like to cook- a couple times a week i make stuff... last couple months it's been pizza from scratch. the routine stuff is soups, salads and rice-and-bean dishes. everything spicy of course with iced green tea to wash it down. :D

bob i thought you also did weekly karaoke? i'd love to get into that... since some joint problems in my fingers got worse i can't really play guiter anymore, so singing would be great.

I have the Karaoke stuff (professional setup) in my home.... About 150 CDs, many of them compiled at 1 dollar per song of my choice from an internet supplier (certainly not legal) When my daughter visits on Sunday (does her laundry at our house) we usually sing for a couple of hours. I still have 3 keyboards and a couple of amps set up in the basement and an organ in the livng room, but haven't really played them since acquiring the karaoke stuff, singing is much more fun than playing (for me). I guess I was just a frustrated singer....

2.30 AM alarm goes off, get up, turn on PC, go online to wake up
3.00 AM go to work, start making stuff for the day
5.20 AM fresh product start to come out of oven, Brekie time!!!
6.00 AM Back to work
8.00 AM open doors for bussiness
4.00 PM count money, go home
4.20 PM back on internet
6.00 PM have dinner
7.00 PM quick look at interesting web-sites
7.15 PM go to bed

Boring aint I :p

TMFP

I wake up, struggle to get ready for work, go to work, work my ass off and then sometimes go to the pub and then come home to a bunch of whining on the Internet, an often microwaved supper, watch tv and go to bed. Wash, Rinse, Repeat (until my day or days off, at which point it might be any number of activities from working on the house, going out to eat or even working on VP or just parking my butt in front of the audio system to listen to Tori Amos park a smile on my face).

Re: RE: Describe a typically day in your life

bob said:
I have the Karaoke stuff (professional setup) in my home.... About 150 CDs, many of them compiled at 1 dollar per song of my choice from an internet supplier (certainly not legal) When my daughter visits on Sunday (does her laundry at our house) we usually sing for a couple of hours. I still have 3 keyboards and a couple of amps set up in the basement and an organ in the livng room, but haven't really played them since acquiring the karaoke stuff, singing is much more fun than playing (for me). I guess I was just a frustrated singer....
i found an online collection and downloaded it last night. the songs play in winamp. their extension is ".kar" and they are just midi files with lyrics synced in. i tried singing some beatles and beach boys favorites today- pretty fun.

question- are the tunes you get just midi tracks or are they true instruments captured through mics? the problem with midi karaoke is that sometimes midi can reproduce a song fairly well and sometimes it sounds like an awful joke. so maybe i need to keep searching...

RE: Re: RE: Describe a typically day in your life

Most of the real karaoke song recordings sound exactly like the original song with the backup singers, just no lead vocals.

RE: Re: RE: Describe a typically day in your life

Ah Karaoke...a Japanese word meaning tone deaf. :D

Re: RE: Re: RE: Describe a typically day in your life

Pacdude said:
Ah Karaoke...a Japanese word meaning tone deaf. :D

Agree! LOL :)

Fairly typical day for me is a cup of coffee in bed when my wife leaves for work at 7.50am. Get up and shower before 9 then a cerial & milk breakfast while reading the daily paper. Log on and check emails, look for new GBA and DS roms, visit the pinball forums. Usually have some chores to do if the weathers fine (or possibly golf) before lunch that consists of a sandwich, packet of crisps and coffee. Afternoon usually pottering about, planning new projects or watching sport on TV. May have some bookkeeping to do for a local club. Children return from school at 15.45, check their homework status, keep 'em seperated for the hour before teatime to minimise the friendly fighting!. Tea consists of a cooked meal. Early evening act as taxi for children. After 21.00 open first tinny of the evening (this month its been mostly Grolsch!) and settle down to a film or sport. Everyone else in the household retires to bed circa 22.30 except for me who retires between 1 and 2 am.

Yeah, that just about sums it up.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Describe a typically day in your life

Lets see..
11:00 - Attempt to get out of bed unassisted. Get cane, pull self out of bed. Stumble over to PC and check all the messages I was sent while I slept.
11:15 - Shower et al. Morning Cleaning Ritual.
11:45 - Limp back to room, put on pants (and everything else -- putting on pants just sounds funny), hobble back to PC and start checking my regular forum sites.
Sometime between 12:00 and 12:30 - Slowly navigate stairs to the main floor and make brekkie. Converse with family, when present.
Depending on those present, I may be downstairs from 30 minutes to 5 hours. I get suckered into things (at least lately).
After that, I generally rescale the stairs with a nice mug of ice water... and will either play Pinball or GemStone for a bit.
19:00 - Back down the stairs to do the dinner thing. Usuaully, it either involves me doing the cooking, or helping to do the cooking.
21:00 - Rescale the stairs with a diet coke and watch what the DVR has recorded (if anything) and relax by killing something in GemStone (or playing some PC game).
01:30 to 02:00 (or so) - Check forum sites again. Go to bed. Go directly to bed. I Do not pass go; but I wish I could collect $200.

A typical day:
7:00 am when the alarm goes off, then a shower and a quick piece of toast while walking to catch a train downtown. 7:45am Get on train to go to work and naturally get seated next to someone with garlic breath or using a razor blade to chop cocaine on his lap.
8:15 am get off train and go into my building to go to work.
8:25 am finally locate working elevator to get to my office in my building. (one or two elevators are stuck each day.)
8:30 am begin work on files etc that need attention
8:31-noon calling IT because computers have gone down again.(computers in our office go down several times a day and need re-booting.)
Noon lunch
1:00?-3:00 keep working and dealing with people who wander in my office that are lost.(On friday I had a guy bring his suit into my office thinking that it was the dry cleaners. I finally said Does this look like the dry cleaners?)
3:00 pm leave work and stop by arcade on first floor to play pinball.

5:00 get home and make dinner.

6:00-midnight do housework, meet friends, or watch tv

midnight go to bed so I can start the whole process over again tomorrow yippie. :x

Not a typical day ..... but today. :birthday:

Had a lie in bed and rose at 9.30 to open some birthday cards and a few pressies. Chocolate covered Brazil Nuts - that will help my figure LOL. Nice :) A light breakfast followed by some desk clearing up and an extended read of the Sunday papers. Went to watch the F1 qualifying only to find the bloody thing had not recorded :(

Went out shopping to find some ceramic border tiles for the bathroom - success at last after what must have been 30 shops in the last month. Returned home to a beef roast dinner, potatoes, sweet corn, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings and wonderful gravy. Simply scrumptious :)

It's half term for schools so plan a train journey for tomorrow up the Heart of Wales railway to Shrewsbury for the day. Lunch and Tea out before returning home.

Currently writing this before watching the F1 race (recorded successfully this time) and having a few (or more) beers :) Cheers everyone. Bottoms Up :orcbeer:

Why thank you Yogi ..... it's over now for another year. Ah!

But didn't Alonso do well! :)

I wake up when I want....but between 8am and 12am usually...and go to the office....it's usually 4-5 hours there...working in my stepfather's company....3-4 days a week.....maybe I drive to the downtown once during the non-rush hour....to deliver some company-related things occasionally...or meet some business-related people.

Around 5pm - 6pm I'll go to the gym mon-wed-fri... or mon-thu I do weights...and tue and thu/fri I'm assisting my friend's training (he's a competitive athlete)...evenings I usually spend on the Internet...playing games...reading books and papers....handling my Internet-related (small) business things....or watching sports. I take weekends completely off...and try to spend those with my fiancee.

Sounds quite boring...but I guess that's what everyone's life basically is. I got some kind of financial security from my sports career....and I've almost paid my apartment....only 15K left.....so I don't have to make sh*tloads of money...or work like a horse anymore. Life is too short for that....and I'm busy enough without any career-oriented crap...and the fake and boring people who often associate with it.

Of course I consider myself lucky...reading some of your stories....because I don't have any health problems...although I have a back injury from my hockey career....which occasionally comes back to haunt me.

Yea....happy b-day Elton....Alonso indeed did well...and Scumsucker had a lot of back luck in his last 2 races....actually more than he had in the past 10 years combined.

Good riddance Scum....he was one of the best ever...but I'm not missing his cheapskate stunts....and next year....GO KIMI (Ferrari) AND HEIKKI (Renault)...the ice cool Finns...!!! ;)

Re: RE: Describe a typically day in your life

Pacdude said:
I wake up, struggle to get ready for work, go to work, work my ass off and then sometimes go to the pub and then come home to a bunch of whining on the Internet, an often microwaved supper, watch tv and go to bed. Wash, Rinse, Repeat

I've always said you're a humorist....! :D

Alonso? Who's that? Ok, I'm not so interested in F1. I'm happy it was the last race for Schumi. From now on people will have time again to meet me also on saturday and sunday.

lupo51ca said:
A typical day:
8:15 am get off train and go into my building to go to work.
8:25 am finally locate working elevator to get to my office in my building. (one or two elevators are stuck each day.)
. :x
How meny people use that to get away with being late to work

Today, I'll be in my workshop finishing off the kitchen bits n' bobs from yesterday. Truly a good day in the making. :)

Well, done elton, why don't ya build one of these next. :pacman:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=55789.0

btw won the golf last Wednesday, only a 14 hole round we leave the top 4 holes out as it's the top of the hill, anyhows won it on the last hole, with the longest putt, won a golf ball for the putt and a $20 meat voucher at the local butcher for the win, 32 stableford points with 3 birdies and 2 wipouts. On Saturday was only runner up with 38 points for the full 18, just a bottle of Jacobs Creek Shiraz 2002. :joy:

Just finished for the afternoon. So its 'cup of tea' time, a few biscuits and a quick play on the PC.

StevOz said:
Well, done elton, why don't ya build one of these next. :pacman:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=55789.0

I could if I wanted to - I originally trained as a cabinet maker. Would Sir prefer oak or beech? LOL Just spent a lovely morning making an oak rail to hang all the pots and pans from. Regrettably, because it's so long there is a dip in the centre (due to weight of said objects) so I'm machining a small support to take the strain :) and it's currently glued and cramped - so it won't be ready for finishing until tomorrow.

Congrats on your golf. Shit you're good, you lucky devil! Lucky in the sense that you can play - its pissistantly raining here :(

Must remind myself never to challenge you to a round of golf :)
:lol:

Today ....

... we've got terribly windy weather today - gusts upto 100mph expected (if they haven't already arrived). Should really go to golf and stand half a chance of getting a par at the 580 yard par 5 :D That's if the winds in the right direction LOL

RE: Today ....

Often can get gusty here too, though usually nothing that wild, have had a few trees down on the course on occasion and I'm the chainsaw man. :chainsaw:

Last Saturday, third in a three way count back, 36 stableford points, well at least I played to my 14 handicap. :)

Here's where my golf course is, top left corner. ;)

http://www.wilmap.com.au/wamaps/dunsborough/default.htm

RE: Today ....

Mmm ... nice sea views too I gather. :) ... and shouldn't you be tucked up in bed by now ?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Scapin is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back