Do you remember playing this game at Arcades?

vladaymir

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Cirqus Voltaire
vlcsnap-2021-04-05-18h19m16s128.png

For some reason, I always like playing this game at arcades. These weird fuzzy little clown heads that you would throw balls lol

How does one throw the balls, anyway. By trackball?

I don't recognise the game, but I'm guessing mid-90's? I can't remember seeing it in MAME, anyway. Similar ones, but not this one exactly.

In any case, I don't think I ever did see this type in arcades. That would date me to the mid-aughts or so. Can't really tell if it's played for score or redemption.

haha @Ike Savage I laughed at "Can't really tell if it's played for score or redemption."! This is actually a screenshot from Carnival Games by 2K. It has a bunch of little mini games and I saw this one it and had to play it!

haha @Ike Savage I laughed at "Can't really tell if it's played for score or redemption."! This is actually a screenshot from Carnival Games by 2K. It has a bunch of little mini games and I saw this one it and had to play it!
Ah, I see it's out on consoles, too. Even the DS (I have one of those).

Looks fun!

Bank Panic was more in my vintage and a great unique kind of game.

You needed three trigger fingers.

First time I've played Bank Panic was on the zx spectrum.

Still love it today and on my favourites list in MAME :)

First time I've played Bank Panic was on the zx spectrum.

Still love it today and on my favourites list in MAME :)
It's also one of my MAME favorites, and what I'd almost call a 'hidden MAME gem.' I never saw it in the Philly area, and the arcade museum claims that only... ~500 unit were produced?

One thing I didn't even realise until just now is that Bank Panic is a light gun game! In MAME I always had it set up with three keys for the three visible doors, making it far easier. Unfortunately, that's probably going to have to remain my experience, as a mouse / trackball / joystick just aren't the same.

That said, the game still gets pretty damn hard at the higher levels.

I think I saw an alternate version of this game in MAME, but will have to go back and look again, someday. Sometimes games like that can be a tonne of fun, like playing "Fire Trap" if you're a "Crazy Climber" fan.

Last edited:
As far as I know even the original arcade was to be played with a 2-way (left/right) joystick and 3 buttons.
MAME doesn't let me set it up with a lightgun either.

Crazy climber is also cool with its dual controller gameplay. I suck at it :D Maybe firetrap is better for me but I don't recall that one.

As far as I know even the original arcade was to be played with a 2-way (left/right) joystick and 3 buttons.
MAME doesn't let me set it up with a lightgun either.
Ah, wait... according to the arcade-museum, you're right!

I guess the WP entry is wrong, then. Huh. Okay, I feel a bit better, now! :)

Crazy climber is also cool with its dual controller gameplay. I suck at it :D Maybe firetrap is better for me but I don't recall that one.
Crazy Climber is definitely annoying, the way your man can get stuck in places with imperfect climbing technique. One of those things that probably made a lot more sense to the Japanese market, but not for us Westerners.

Fortunately, Fire Trap has smoother control, and IIRC, Crazy Climber 2 does as well.

Here's a 53-sec preview that will give you a quick taste. Interestingly, you can also shoot fire retardant at the flames, making this a truly worthy variation of CC.

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back