shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
Major Frenchy has started a new series tutorial on adding DOFlinx to Future Pinball Tables. This first one is just a overview on the process, and will probably take a few videos from start to finish.

Guess which table he decided to do the video on? Your a brave brave man MajorFrenchy...

Adding standard DOF to a FP table isn't too hard once you know how (depends on the complexity of the table,etc). I showed Frenchy how with my older DOFLinx video series from years ago.

That said... you don't require DOFLinx anymore to add DOF support to a FP table. You can use my starter code here for any FP table to add direct DOF support.

Everything else after that can relate to Frenchy's tutorial... only you are using 3 "dof" commands for everything in the table script, and do the hard part using my DOF Config Creator sheet like he mentions, only you use it for everything, not just MX Leds.

That said.... there are certain built-in aspects of DOFLinx that are still great, and for basic DOF you don't need DOF Config Tool for it to work.

Last edited:
Well, greek to me at least. I'm just thinking about the possibilities of all those cabinet lights going off with the flashers etc and matching the patterns. Might cause blindness though to the person playing it. :)

Well, greek to me at least. I'm just thinking about the possibilities of all those cabinet lights going off with the flashers etc and matching the patterns. Might cause blindness though to the person playing it. :)

Not to those of us who have 1000's of addressable leds. :) We're used to it.

That's because I haven't done one yet.

JG is perfect for this, because of the way I set it up. Everything runs into the AddMusicSet sub, which also calls subs that contain all of the flashers, lightseq, displays etc. It was done this way so I can mix and match effects/displays/light routines. There's even timers you can use the intervals for the length of the doflinx to match the length of the sound intervals. Everything is like that in the script actually, but that's the fpxEngine code, very modular plug and play. If I ever do get a cabinet (doubt it though) pretty simple to add this code in.

Last edited:

Video 2

In this video,
- Adding DOFLINX Manually
- Adding Flipper Solenoids effects
- Adding Slingshots solenoids effects
- Adding Bumpers Solenoids effects
- Adding Solenoids effects to Kickers
- How to add Flashbar Effects

Here's a copy of my cheat sheet

Attachments

• DOFLinx Coding 1.2 MF.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 93
Video 3

In this Video i talk about Toys coding Logic

- Buttons flashing sequence ( Coins, Start, Launch )
- Coding Innner and outter lanes Effects
- Events ( Multiball )
- Creating a Subroutine for events

In this video i am talking about adding Addressable LED code to the Future Pinball Table.
( Adding a ROM)(coding using Terry Red DOF Creator sheet)(Testing the code)

- TerryRed Article and download for his DOF Creator sheet: Terry Red DOF Creator sheet: Visit the site

Attachments

• Terry Red DOF Coding Sheet (MF Mod 1.1 ).xls.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
Great tutorial @MajorFrenchy, thanks!

One minor thing I noticed in the cheat sheet (and perhaps in the tables you've updated as well?): The copy/paste text for right solenoid looks like "FF_Dev DV_RF,-1 'DOFLINX right slingshot", and I assume that should actually be DV_RS. It's a minor difference but you might want to correct it so that doesn't propagate to other tables.

Also a question: If I have an 8 solenoid setup, what happens when a table is coded to support 10 solenoids? Is there some automatic mapping that occurs, and are there some DOF effects that will do nothing in that scenario? I've always wondered how that works.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back