Download dysfunction

LeeVanCleef

Pinball Lizard
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Paragon
I am having some serious issues downloading tables from here! I have tried repeatedly to dl JP's Stones table. Every time I do, it looks like it's downloading fine. When finished, I attempt to open the zip file I get "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive." I've run into this problem with both Firefox and IE. I have cleaned out my internet caches numerous times before numerous attempts to download. I even tested out Terminator 3, to make sure it wasn't table-specific and, sure enough, after the download, I got the same friggin' message! And I've downloaded tables from here before with no problem! The issue just seemed to start popping up in the last couple of weeks. Any suggestions?
BTW, it seems I was able to download Back To the Future successfully if I chose Open File instead of Save using IE, but wasn't able to pull off the same trick with the above-mentioned tables. FRUSTRATING!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All of the downloads seem to work fine for me and have been validated within the program, they aren't corrupt.

I initially thought it could be a dialup issue but the Stones Table is very small, only 1.48 MB. My suggestions would include replacing your program that handles .zip files, WinZip, Winrar, etc. and disable any download accelerator program that you might have installed. Also, make sure that you have enough free space on your hard drive.

Well, I'm not using a download accelerator and I've got plenty of space... and I know plenty of others have been downloading these files without any issues. I updated WinZip a couple of days ago hoping this would solve the problem, but no luck. Puzzling and frustrating, but I do appreciate you taking the time to check this out for me.

What I noticed as I just tried to download it again is that the progress bar on the download moves along at a normal pace, pauses as it gets close to the end, and then the progress bar closes down. It's like it just can't manage to finish the last part of the download. I was able to download the ROM from the link above the table download with no problem, and I'm always able to download PD's tables from here. It seems to be my computer just doesn't like tables added to the download section in the last couple of weeks. Weird.

Maybe you should try a download manager.... I was having troubles like that and Lio told me to try this free download accelerator and manager and I haven't had any problems since then.

http://freedownloadmanager.org/

I forgot to mention that the UpDownloads program that handles the downloads hasn't been altered during the site upgrade process, so site changes that have been made can be ruled out.

Strange stuff, I'd like to help you troubleshoot if bob's suggestion doesn't work.

Sumanabitch, but it worked like a charm, Bob! Many thanks for the assistance, and thank you, Jon, for your continued assistance in this matter. You guys rock!

I'm glad I could help! I'm usually clueless when it comes to helping people with pc problems. :cheers:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back