Dr Rollover's Laboratory (Original) VP9 20th Anniversary Edition

VP9 SS Original Table Dr Rollover's Laboratory (Original) VP9 20th Anniversary Edition v1.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

Anthias

Pinball Player
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Battle For The Down
Anthias submitted a new resource:

Dr Rollover's Laboratory 20th anniversary edition - Celebrating twenty years of VP

Releasing this now as time is rare for the next few months. I may make updates and changes, but if I wait for those, it will be a fortieth anniversary edition! This table is celebrating twenty years of Visual Pinball, and is released twenty years after the original version of this table. That original was released to my personal site in 2001, and reworked in 2002 when it was released to the VPF community. With 2021 now upon us, this is to celebrate that enormous passage of time. The original...

Read more about this resource...

Attachments

• DrRollover20thanniversaryscreenshot.jpg
    DrRollover20thanniversaryscreenshot.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 134
Okay, I marked the resource as being for VP9, as well as attaching a screenshot in this thread and resource entry. Looks like you'd only attached the resource icon. (yeah, our system is a little confusing that way)

Tried it just now, and wow... it's been quite the challenge getting used to the flipper sets and the left flipper / lane diverter. You almost have to re-train yourself for this game, since various classic moves (like cradling the ball) can lead to instant disaster!

I like the spotlights and the lightning effects a lot. Yeah, and definitely some fascinating ideas in this one. Bravo. :)

Moving on... the game feels a little claustrophobic to me right now, given that most of the action takes place on the lower half of the table. I didn't manage to get the ball to the upper level once in two games, which maybe just suggests that I need to get better at the game.

I also think some simple modes would help this one. Maybe there's actually some things like that already activated, but a better system of helpful lights or something to direct the player might improve their ability to engage. Right now there's a little bit of a "yeah, so...?" feeling.

Listing out the table rules at the very least would certainly be good.

Lastly, I ran in to a problem-- after I accidentally started up a two-player game, I played maybe... four balls for each player, but then on the fifth ball for player one, the game didn't issue me another ball to plunge. At least, I think that's what happened. I'll try to replicate the error, though.

Thanks for the feedback and the post fixes. Yeah the flippers are diabolical! Hit r while in attract mode for the main rules. Now you mention it, I don't think I added the new stuff in there, mainly how to get multiball. Which is the target near the end of the launch chute and two targets to the back left of the main bumpers.

Last edited:
Also to get to the back, you drop the left bank of targets to reach a kicker behind them. The right bank completed unlocks the skyroom. (it's clear when I look at it this was my first layout lol. I totally get the clostrophobic feel you mention.)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back