Future Pinball
I want to play this one.
I remember when the movie came out. There were barely no children at the cinema, just adults :D

I still enjoy watching an episode or two every now and then so i'm a bit biased on the theme :)

Can't wait to give this a try. I think I still have my bootleg VHS tapes stored somewhere.

Looks really good!

I'm sure you can get some DBZ animated character BAM custom models to work with the table? (not sure if you PC can handle that?)

Looks good Wild! I only remember Dragon Ball Z but that was aimed at kids moreso. The layout of your table looks really good!

I started working on this project again, my desire to learn new things is always active, despite some adversities that I recently had, but the desire for FP is too strong, and makes me overcome these adversities, and continue my adventure on FP / BAM.

In fact, I asked @JLou5641 to integrate the new DF2 as well,in this table,with new physics,as soon as I have the new version I post a video of Lou's work with Anontet.

Looks really good!

I'm sure you can get some DBZ animated character BAM custom models to work with the table? (not sure if you PC can handle that?)

@TerryRed
Yes,in fact that Goku on the front page is in TGA, now with this GT 430, I can see the textures of the models in "custom model of bam" the next step would be to learn how to animate them, as you and Gimli (Bob) did for Michael Jackson.

But for now I would like to know if it is possible to move a model in TGA, even in a simple movement, like up and down,
as I asked to you HERE

Last edited:
Ok, I'm trying to learn (it's not easy on my own), so I put the SM, and the light turning 360 °(spotlight) see script below.... what I'm missing is the code of the glowing ball,could someone suggest me where it is?

About SM and spotlight, I have a lot of questions, than convictions, in the sense that I don't know what to do
I added the SM for flashes, but perhaps for the type of playfield it is not suitable,or there is something wrong I do, and I don't see many shadows, and as far as the spotlight, I would like to know, how to configure "three factors" that I would like to understand, so please if anyone is willing to help me with some advice, let me know.

Thanks in advance

Sub NewtonPhysicsTick()
Dim i, j
i = (xBAM.NewtonCounter Mod 256) / 256
j = ((xBAM.NewtonCounter + 128) Mod 256) / 256

Call Flasher1Ext.SpotLight(2, i * 360, 80, 75)
Call Flasher2Ext.SpotLight(2, j * 360, 80, 75)
Call Flasher3Ext.SpotLight(2, i * 360, 80, 75)
Call Flasher4Ext.SpotLight(2, j * 360, 80, 75)
End Sub

xBAM.RayCastShadows.Enable= True

'xBAM.RayCastShadows.Set sharpness, darkLevel

'xBAM.RayCastShadows.Sharpness = 0.8
'xBAM.RayCastShadows.DarkLevel - 0.2

xBAM.RayCastShadows.Set 0.8

xBAM.ShadowMap "flasher1", 800 , 1 , 5, 1, 10
xBAM.ShadowMap "flasher2", 800 , 1 , 5, 1, 10
xBAM.ShadowMap "flasher3", 800 , 1 , 5, 1, 10
xBAM.ShadowMap "flasher4", 800 , 1 , 5, 1, 10
for sharpness, darkLevel I receive error.....

View attachment DBZ new functions.mp4

You're receiving an error on raycast because you need an = sign in the darklevel line

Nice effects!

/Edit
I set them like this
If Not xBAM.RayCastShadows.Enable Then xBAM.RayCastShadows.Set 0.8, 0 'sharpness, darklevel

Last edited:
Ok, I go ahead with the spotlights ..... I noticed that they work (in the sense that they are seen) better in darknight mode, in night much less ..... so I changed the light option ..... I did turn a spotlight counterclockwise, and when they flash, I make them cross in the middle of the playfield, with the other spotlight function ..... it took me 2 hours in the site to find the commands.

I asked Rav, if he sends me all the spotlight commands, if he sends them to me I put them in a thread ....

View attachment DBZ SPOTLIGHT2.mp4

I only have this. If there's more, i'd like to know as well.

' Flasher1Ext.SpotLight(coneAngle, rotationAngle, verticalAngle, falloffAngle)

' coneAngle - "open" or "close" the angle of light spread
' rotationAngle - clockwise rotation angle. Zero point to top of the table
' verticalAngle - vertical angle. Zero is down straight into playfield, 90 (degrees) is horizontal.
' falloffAngle - allows to make edges of spot light blurred (soft shadows). It is the shadow "darkness level"
' .SetPosition X,Y,Z you place the flasher wherever (hidden) but you can position the light on the table nonetheless. Z is Height.

Example
Call PFLightEXT.SpotLight( 100, 0, 80, 20)
PFLightEXT.SetPosition 274,1029,0

I only have this. If there's more, i'd like to know as well.
I don't even know....!!

' .SetPosition X,Y,Z you place the flasher wherever (hidden) but you can position the light on the table nonetheless. Z is Height.
in fact now I don't know another new one...... PFLightEXT.SetPosition 274,1029,0
now I know.

Is this function that puts this light(rotating, fixed or cone) on the ball? how did I see in Terry's videos?
I asked a couple of times about this .... but maybe ....I explain myself bad!!

I just wanted to share what I have on spotlights.

Those commands can be used to specify the spotlight characteristics.

Terry surely can answer about the rotating spotlights but I can imagine 2 ways ( I never did it): some math and a timer or miniplayfield with the spotlight and rotate the miniplayfield.

I assume you ask because you could not find a code example but I was sure I've seen something at gopinball at some point... now lost, anyway :(

Last edited:
I just wanted to share what I have on spotlights.
and you did well, that's what everyone needs, thank you

Terry surely can answer about the rotating spotlights but I can imagine 2 ways ( I never did it): some math and a timer miniplayfield with the sportlight and rotate the miniplayfield.

I assume you ask because you could not find a code example but I was sure I've seen something at gopinball at some point... now lost, anyway
Yes,in fact, as I said above, it would be useful to have a specific thread (with images) to be able to study.....but for now I can't open it until everything is clear to me (maybe someone else? could)
in fact it has been lost, since this function is in Bam 308, it is that it was not posted here, but on Gopinball, which is now lost, that's why I asked Rav, the commands. to insert them here in Pn.

if need have to use mini-playfield then the story is different!!

The examples I have shown where the spotlight is attached to a ball, work by creating a mini-playfield with the spotlight flasher in the center of the mini-playfield. Then you need to use BAM to attach the mini-playfield to the ball. An example of this can be seen on Halloween Big Bloody Mike (The Chase mode).

The SetPosition command can be used to relocate a light from script. You can also use the detach command if you want to only relocate the light source and not the model.

Both of those commands are also used in Halloween (I relocate the light to the center of the mini-playfield), for when I attach the "flashlight" to the ball in The Chase mode in Halloween Big Bloody Mike.

Last edited:
There is something I learned from Terry. I found on Space Shuttle that the spotlights were too dim. You can add this code to unlock them so you can make them brighter. You just need to add this once in the script for all the flashers.

xBAM.Lights.LockGlowBrightness = FALSE
xBAM.Lights.LockFlasherBrightness = FALSE

After adding this code you can set [flasher]Ext.Brightness as high as you want. I ended up setting the brightness somewhere around 1.0 to 1.6.

It looks like you are using a rotating beacon. If you want a stationary spotlight, I have been using this method. I found that the rotationAngle (second number) is easy to determine by printing out the chart below on a piece of paper and cutting it out so it is round. You just hold the center of the chart over the top of the flasher in the FP editor. You can see the flasher through the paper so just put the dot in the center over the flasher. Orient the paper so 0 is directly above center. You might want to turn on the grid in the editor to help orient it. Then you just read the degrees closest to the object that you want to illuminate. It takes a little time to cut it but it is faster than making trial and error guesses.

rotationAngle.jpg

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back