Shockman

appropriate at this time
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Star Trek
Great Job on this table.
Just a couple of glitches to report using VP8

The first shows a flipper graphic glitch.

The second pic shows a misalignment of the ramp.

Both glitches are probably due to VP8.

The table looks nice and plays real smooth. It's everything it was pumped up to be.

Thanks for the link, instead or in addition to the posting at AJ's, or I would not have it yet.

The wire ramps are sweet. The best I have ever seen in VP.

There was an old, very old version of SouthPark, I think it was that had a detached animated graphic of the plunger. Nice Job on that too.

Attachments

• eatpm_a1_215.jpg
    eatpm_a1_215.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 785
  • eatpm_a2_201.jpg
    eatpm_a2_201.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 752
This might turn out to be a full review.

I played it more, and I like it more. It would be below me to say that it puts other eatpms to shame, because that's not possible. It is however leaps and bounds better than any other table I have seen as far as lighting. And smoother than any reel laden table I have played.

The flipper glitch is not there in VP7 and I know that you developed it in VP7. The ramp glitch is there in VP7, and I wonder if it is there on your system/res./dd_setup/etc.

3 ball multiball is smooth, a nice surprise given the nature of the beast. Presentation is also as good as I have ever seen. I was never a big fan of Pro Pinball, as the ball acts like a yo-yo often when flipped, which would of course means that this is my favorite pinball table playable in windows, and that would include all commercial productions, and original and recreations as well.

If VP was new and this the first table made with it it would have been something else, it would have got people very excited and turned a lot of people off to even trying I think.

Perfect? Well what is? The rubbers light up too much, the light is under them and they are not that translucent. They look like lights themselves. So what? It's still the best.

I played this in Seaside Wa. About 3 hours away but there are many machines and other things to do there that it is worth the trip.

The latest update has fixed the ramp glitch and if you adjust the flippers you can remove the flipper glitch in VP8 also, here is what I did.

Thanks for the update, plays great in VP8 here and no flipper glitch or reel problems with hardware acceleration on, Sempron64 3100 (1.8Ghz), 1GB ram, nvidia PCIe 6800GS 256MB (81.98 driver), XP SP2.

Tweaked the flippers to my preferred 58 degree arc and settings, also upped the slope to 8 to add a bit more challenge. Flipper end angle to 64, start angle to 122, speed to 0.07, strength 4. I also reduced the length to 122 and moved the right flipper to x=630, hey I like nice round figures and it makes the gap slightly wider for more challenge. These settings do not cause the graphics glitch and feel more realistic to me.

You should know by now that I can fix everything about it. I did not question anything, other than if the ramps lined up for them. I have played this table in real life quite a few times. It was an easy but fun one and the flippers were quick, I estimate about .1 in VP terms. I agree with the slope settings you put in, for realism but not for difficultly, but with slow flippers (.07) I could see it making a difference there. .02 would make aiming even easier yet, with power added, but I think there is a lot to be said for realism as well.
I haven't set the flippers up on this on yet. It does play fairly well despite the snappy flippers both up and down, and I did not mention them because they are the accepted norm. Nor have I checked whether it is using the routine from the core, and if so which core. My observations was based on the table as released.
However, any table builder that has taken your advice and put the code from the old core into their tables' script is in danger of it showing up on my list if they are not beating the drum for that code to be put back where it belongs, for everyone, so every table that is out there already can benefit from it as well. This is not blackmail. It is a feeble perhaps, attempt to get the tables that were built and put out to the public, the 10s of thousands of them at least, to work as designed.

Well they maybe that fast in real life, I'm not sure either of us know. That said I use those settings not to match the real life speed, but to reproduce the most realistic aim and feel within VP. ;)

Oh you have a list now as well, how quaint. :roll:

It don't really sound to me like you have any idea how pinball tables play in real life. You should get out more.

Well, I do get out every day and at least we have one pinball in town which I play at least twice a week, a GnR. It's in fairly good shape, top flipper is a bit sticky and the magnet feature doesn't work, though otherwise it's all good. I cracked the top score on it the other day, just over 4.2 billion, scored 6 replays as well. ;)

GR is a good one. I've never made it on the board though. I have actually only got top score on the ones that did not have good competitive players on it, except for Captain Fantastic, Big Chief, and Lord of the Rings, and only as close as 2nd. on that, with competitive players, but using performance enhancing drugs.

who is more responsible for this table? Highrise or JP? This is by far my favorite version of Elvira and lighting is spot on perfect and creates the mood. I wish all the horror themed pins had the same presentation and lighting as this one. This is my favorite table, bar none.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Damonogy48 is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back