Playfield collection from Pinball Arcade (Microsoft, 1998)

EM Playfields 2022-02-21

No permission to download

Phoenixx

Starfleet Member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Today, whilst hacking around on my PC, i coincidentally found a way to extract the playfields and backglasses from MS Pinball Arcade. Rather than just deleting them i thought perhaps somebody wants to use them to make a 'Scapino Style' kind of table, so here they are, original size and bitdepth, just as stored in the DLLs. They are very well upscalable too, i turned them testwise into 24BPP bitmaps and doubled the size with IrfanView (resampled with MitchellFilter) and they still looked pretty damn good,...

1.) Humpty Dumpty:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note: The rest of the PF's have been bundled up and moved to a single resource download here:

Attachments

• HumptyPF.bmp
    769.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • HumptyBG.bmp
    186.1 KB · Views: 876
Last edited by a moderator:
2.) KnockOut:

attachment.php

Attachments

• KnockoutBG.bmp
    164.9 KB · Views: 852
3.) Slick Chick:

attachment.php

Attachments

• SlickBG.bmp
    168.1 KB · Views: 960
3.) Baffle Ball:

attachment.php

Attachments

• BaffleBG.bmp
    127.5 KB · Views: 861
5.) Spirit of '76:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Spirit76BG.bmp
    198.4 KB · Views: 845
Hounted House and CueBall Wizard tomorrow in a seperate thread,...

Awesome stuff. Thread moved to "Real Pinball, General Pinball" and stickied for the moment.

Resources really just need to be moved to an appropriate area of the site, then this thread un-stickied.

Yeah stuff like this should probably be in the Resources section, thought I had a request for Phoenixx's old sub domain info, but can't find it.

I'm not sure if over 10 year old backglasses would help folks but amazingly, Phoenixx's images are still here!

Last edited:
I need to mention that the images in this thread are still unbelievable, after numerous software updates and years, they live.
Baffle Ball (images from 2009) :

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back