F-14 Tomcat - Afterburner (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP F-14 Tomcat - Afterburner (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 1.9

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

F-14 Tomcat (Ultimate Pro) – PinEvent - This isn't your Grandpa's F-14 Tomcat!

This isn't your Grandpa's F-14 Tomcat!

This is SLAMT1LT's Ultimate Pro version with all new sounds, music and dazzling visuals... only now it's taken to a whole new level with a massive action packed TerryRed PinEvent update!

Now featuring all new RGB animated lighting, updated BAM physics, and some stellar new beacon lighting, as well as a massive PinEvent update!

View attachment 19230

PinEvent:

With full PinEvent...

Read more about this resource...

Forgot to add PDF to MEGA link. Its there now.

hello i am trying to get F14a tomcat working with pinevent. it works but on the backglass the popup screen is covering the dmd. in the instructions it says this "this is because the pup-pack usually starts before FP does. When the FP Backglass starts afterward, it pops on top of the PuP windows"

not sure how to fix it
i use option 0 cause i have a 2 screen setup.
backglass is 19inch 4:3 monitor

#### I saw in the big instruction there is something about the backglass. looking into it

Last edited:
hello i am trying to get F14a tomcat working with pinevent. it works but on the backglass the popup screen is covering the dmd. in the instructions it says this "this is because the pup-pack usually starts before FP does. When the FP Backglass starts afterward, it pops on top of the PuP windows"

not sure how to fix it

Read this section of the PinEvent Install Guide (not just what you see in this picture)

1619139041111.png

not sure how to fix it

#### I saw in the big instruction there is something about the backglass. looking into it

Also... if you have a 4x3 monitor (and no 3rd monitor).... you do not use Option 0.

You use Option 5:

(also, make sure that you have pupdmddrivertype = 2 in PinEvent_Setting.vbs)

1619139287254.png

you are the best. just used option 5 and it is working . !!!!!!

now i need to disable the FP from loading the back glass. slowly going through the steps
here are my settings . the same as from the help me file.
When I am using the following with option 5 i lose the backglass.

maybe i am just missing something simple.

When I use option 0. I get the backglass but no DMD. The orgional issue.

Attachments

• game-settings.JPG
    game-settings.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 70
  • emu-setup.JPG
    emu-setup.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 68
  • launch-setup.JPG
    launch-setup.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I got it working. Icause i have only two screen i using the apron display and i selct pinevent only in the media setup

TerryRed updated F-14 Tomcat - Afterburner (PinEvent V2, FizX, UPro) with a new update entry:

v1.2 - AFTERBURNER, PinEvent V2, FizX update

"AFTERBURNER" v1.2"

- updates to the table, layout, code, sound, music, items, lighting, models, etc
- removed older items / surfaces / lights no longer used
- adjusted table geometry to allow for better ball flow
- updated BAM lighting and post processing
- updated entire table's G.I. and lighting
- new insert models, lighting, textures, normal maps, decals
- new shadowmaps for G.I and flashers (made to work properly with ray cast ball shadows)
- new FLEEP mechanical sounds
- updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Plug and play experience for me, thnx again @TerryRed - look forward to your other tables update RetroFlair 2 and Silent Hill

Ditto ^^^

Awesome table. Butter smooth gameplay with the 8k ball. Played until getting multiball and 0 problems, excellent visuals and healthy dose of fun.

I was amazed in how my little create pebble speakers could render some aeroplane sounds. I think it is the first table where panning and "height" of the sound tricked me into a bubble of immersion.

Nice mod! It has the best physics of any of the FizX tables you have released so far.

Note: the X and V keys were setup for testing, and are still active, so if you find the ball "boosts" oddly, this is why.

I caught that after the release. I forgot to remove those (it was for testing).

In the script, remove the lines highlighted in the picture:

1669509937646.png

That should fix that issue for anyone using those keys. @coreduo0099

I also noticed the TILT Warning weren't being reset at the end of each ball, so that also needs fixing.

I'll eventually have another update to fix these issues after RetroFlair BAM (PinEvent V2, FizX) is released.

Note: the X and V keys were setup for testing, and are still active, so if you find the ball "boosts" oddly, this is why.

That should fix that issue for anyone using those keys. @coreduo0099

I also noticed the TILT Warning weren't being reset at the end of each ball, so that also needs fixing.

I'll eventually have another update to fix these issues after RetroFlair BAM (PinEvent V2, FizX) is released.
Thanks Terry!

TerryRed updated F-14 Tomcat - Afterburner (PinEvent V2, FizX) with a new update entry:

FizX physics v2.0, new FLEEP sounds

"AFTERBURNER" v1.3

- removed some test key functions
- fix for Tilt Warnings not resetting at the end of each ball
- added kicker for ramp booster instead of ball velocity
- updated table and physics to FizX v2.0 (now use 1K Physics ball model zip file)
- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF (no more smoke ball rolling code)
- updated PinEvent V2 PinMechSound code to support new FizX auto hit events based on PF materials
- added more FLEEP...

Tested 😁. Play great too ( always bouncy flipper for me as usual 😜 ). But i think you forgot to put the good flipper angle and swing, no? They should be at 120/240 with 48° for swing angle..
At least the 120/240 for start angle.

TerryRed updated F-14 Tomcat - Afterburner (PinEvent V2, FizX) with a new update entry:

1.4 - FizX v2.0 hotfix, settings, profiles, fps changes

"AFTERBURNER" v1.4

- updated to JLou's newest FizX v2.0 code
- added JLou's bug fix for ball falling into 2nd or 3rd set of flippers
- new FizX code no longer requires flipper Swing Angle to be specified in the FizX Flipper settings!
- FizX slingshots, drop targets, rubbers are now set in the FizX General Settings section (not in a FizX Profile)
- FizX XML_FPS is now set in its own section
- updated FizX Profiles to only change FizX Flipper settings
- there are no longer FizX Profiles used...

Tested 😁. Play great too ( always bouncy flipper for me as usual 😜 ). But i think you forgot to put the good flipper angle and swing, no? They should be at 120/240 with 48° for swing angle..
At least the 120/240 for start angle.

Yah, they get adjusted back to that with the new 1.4 - HotFix.

Thanks for all the work and updates - I'm really enjoying the table. I know this is bound to happen once-in-a-while, even IRL, but I somehow got a ball stuck.

I had a ball locked in the position on the right of the Jet Bumper and while playing the next ball, it somehow got over and behind the locked ball. I tried nudging to no avail and then just waited for about 30 seconds, but there was no ball search, so I tilted. Then, it started a search but came up with "Ball Lost". At that point, it launched a new ball AND ejected the locked ball which also brought out the "stuck" ball, so I was sort of playing multi-ball. When 2 of the 3 balls drained, the game ended, so the flippers went dead and the 3rd ball drained. Heh.

Admittedly, initially I didn't know where the ball was stuck until I changed camera view and it centered on the ball so that I could see it was stuck behind the locked ball.

Yes, or rare occasion, depending on the timing of game events, that kind of things can happen.

If it's something that happens all the time, then it's easier to prevent. Rare moments of a ball getting stuck are very hard to prevent...especially when you can't see them yourself.

Thanks for all the work and updates - I'm really enjoying the table. I know this is bound to happen once-in-a-while, even IRL, but I somehow got a ball stuck.

I had a ball locked in the position on the right of the Jet Bumper and while playing the next ball, it somehow got over and behind the locked ball. I tried nudging to no avail and then just waited for about 30 seconds, but there was no ball search, so I tilted. Then, it started a search but came up with "Ball Lost". At that point, it launched a new ball AND ejected the locked ball which also brought out the "stuck" ball, so I was sort of playing multi-ball. When 2 of the 3 balls drained, the game ended, so the flippers went dead and the 3rd ball drained. Heh.

Admittedly, initially I didn't know where the ball was stuck until I changed camera view and it centered on the ball so that I could see it was stuck behind the locked ball.

If the ball gets stuck again, press the F10 key to switch to wire frame mode. Then press F11 to move the camera around the playfield using your mouse and WASD keys. You will be able to see through objects with F10 and find the ball. Then make a screenshot and post to Terry.

Yes, or rare occasion, depending on the timing of game events, that kind of things can happen.

If it's something that happens all the time, then it's easier to prevent. Rare moments of a ball getting stuck are very hard to prevent...especially when you can't see them yourself.

If the ball gets stuck again, press the F10 key to switch to wire frame mode. Then press F11 to move the camera around the playfield using your mouse and WASD keys. You will be able to see through objects with F10 and find the ball. Then make a screenshot and post to Terry.

Sorry that I didn't at least get a screengrab. Well, I did hit PrtSc, but when I pasted into mspaint, you couldn't really see the stuck ball because it was too far away. It reminded me of those situations where I see something weird while I'm driving, but when I check my dashcam footage, it's not nearly as obvious. Ironically, I've also been fooling around with OBS to the point where I can record FP and VPX gameplay, but I wasn't doing it this time. D'oh!

In any case, I've now learned what one can do using F10 and F11 AND this also got me to put an actual directory in the BAM.cfg file to save multiple screengrabs. Thanks!

1.5 - FizX physics and Ball Rolling Sound updates and fixes

- updated FizX physics code to change how ball ID's are handled to prevent conflicts
- updated FizX physics code for more efficient Rubber bounce handling
- updated Ball Rolling Sound code to change how ball ID's are tracked to prevent conflicts
- removed old PUPRollingUpdateTimer commands that are no longer used (would give an error if PinEvent Settings were forced to be disabled)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back