Finally made a pilgrimage to the "Pinball Hall of Fame" in Las Vegas in honor of Sleepy

Sleepy's Sister

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Don't know much about pinball machines
I'm in Las Vegas for a family event, and my sister, Lisa, suggested going to the Pinball Hall of Fame in honor of Sleepy (Arne) and to celebrate our brother, Sean's, birthday. It was really cool seeing all of the old machines, and playing some of the ones that were favorites of Sleepy. All of you guys on here probably already know all about this place. It was created by the Las Vegas Pinball Collector's Club in an effort to display in one place the world's largest collection of pinball machines. There are 25,000 square feet of pinball machines from the 1950's to 1990's. with a few arcade games thrown in. Had a blast reliving my childhood.IMG_4234.jpg291933809_10209882705780117_7230634164998153418_n.jpgIMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4238.jpgo.jpgIMG_4249.jpg

WOW nice stuff and thank you for sharing. I didn't get too much into pinball from the 50's and 60's but the 80's machines (not the 90's and newer) and 1936 or earlier but I remember Dragon's Lair as plain as day. My father's bowling center had four cartoon style arcade games and I played them all. They weren't easy but they were quite interesting.

I only talked to sleepy a few times but he was a really nice guy. I have no idea if what he told me was true or not but with the way he spoke and typed what he did to me I can only assume it was all true.

I can't go into specifics since my health is causing my neck to not be able to support my head and I just asked for ANOTHER walker (around 19 inches or less) so I can get through my 21 inch wide doorway. I use a cane but am ditching it for the new walker. Thank God Aetna covers the cost of it. I am currently losing my memory fast and am now having problems with messages or private mails when I have to reply. It takes me forever to now type simple text to anyone. I have a LOT of brain fog so it takes me much more time to type and/or correct when posting.

My complete respect and condolences for the loss of sleepy and his wonderful words. He seemed to be a really great guy and I always cherished his wit and messages.

Thank you for the share.

d-

@Sleepy's Sister
Thanks for the share, and was grumpy Tim Arnold there? (the proprietor)
It's definitely been a labor of love (with some hate) for him, maintaining that place amongst the throng.

Last I remember, they had to move locations yet again just before the pandemic, which really cut down on their funding and flexibility. I believe it was touch-and-go for awhile, with the risk that the whole collection would have to be sold off, but I guess it worked out?

WOW nice stuff and thank you for sharing. I didn't get too much into pinball from the 50's and 60's but the 80's machines (not the 90's and newer) and 1936 or earlier but I remember Dragon's Lair as plain as day. My father's bowling center had four cartoon style arcade games and I played them all. They weren't easy but they were quite interesting.

I only talked to sleepy a few times but he was a really nice guy. I have no idea if what he told me was true or not but with the way he spoke and typed what he did to me I can only assume it was all true.

I can't go into specifics since my health is causing my neck to not be able to support my head and I just asked for ANOTHER walker (around 19 inches or less) so I can get through my 21 inch wide doorway. I use a cane but am ditching it for the new walker. Thank God Aetna covers the cost of it. I am currently losing my memory fast and am now having problems with messages or private mails when I have to reply. It takes me forever to now type simple text to anyone. I have a LOT of brain fog so it takes me much more time to type and/or correct when posting.

My complete respect and condolences for the loss of sleepy and his wonderful words. He seemed to be a really great guy and I always cherished his wit and messages.

Thank you for the share.

d-
Druadic - I'm so sorry to hear about the health problems you are experiencing. Glad your insurance company will cover the cost of your new walker.

I was never very good at pinball. Seemed like the ball always managed to roll through the two flippers, and I never got the technique down to nudge the machine enough to prevent that without tilting. My brother, Sleepy/Arne, could get more mileage out of a quarter than anyone I've ever seen. He was a natural at pinball. Dragon's Lair and Space Invaders were my favorite games.

@Sleepy's Sister
Thanks for the share, and was grumpy Tim Arnold there? (the proprietor)
It's definitely been a labor of love (with some hate) for him, maintaining that place amongst the throng.

Last I remember, they had to move locations yet again just before the pandemic, which really cut down on their funding and flexibility. I believe it was touch-and-go for awhile, with the risk that the whole collection would have to be sold off, but I guess it worked out?
Yes, Tim Arnold was there. Don't know what the old place was like, but the new place was great!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back