Firepower V1.6 (PD) MOD Pulled (sorry, I did not do it)

Pacdude said:
I'll tell you what I find objectionable. I've played the REAL Firepower and my flipper settings are damn close compared to the real thing. Thus, I find statements such as Shockman's that claim to be 'advancements' to be insulting. My settings are what they are for a reason and this idea whereby Shockman says he's going to mod ALL my tables one day for each until they're ALL modded or UNTIL I change the core.vbs file BACK is nothing but pure fucking BLACKMAIL and bullshit. Going from 0.137 to 0.140 and 1.0 to 1.25 and then claiming that's a HUGE ADVANCEMENT is little more than smoke and bullshit.

He should spend more time making his own tables instead of fucking with other people's tables and then trying to take massive credit for minor flipper alterations.

I've left tables open to mod for your personal benefit to make minor adjustments to taste for your own copies, but I'm starting to think maybe I'll just start locking them in the future to prevent dicks like Shockman using them as blackmail.

It's going to happen, everyone I have interest in. BBB is safe, and a few others, unless requested.

.317 up and down for every table? You should know you could not be that lazy, release this kind of crap, and expect the responses you got early on. VP as advanced past that. .317 is 1/3 of instant. and too fast and looks like crap. the ball is not going to fall through the flipper if it is not at the damn flipper.

Your tables are second rate. because you use the same damn stupid flipper settings for every table you make. Yet you would suggest to bob that he try PK's in a different table and see how good they work then. You can't read numbers, you can't tell the truth, and you can't compete any more.

As for future releases being locked, who cares? They are not free to mod as usual any way, so who cares. There is nothing you can do to Socerer or FirePower that would make it work good enough to download.

I have 5 done. You can't touch this.

I can afford it, So I think I will get a site myself to put these up on. If they will be unauthorized, that wont matter a bit.
Or I will sell them, cheap on Ebay, with a guarantee that these authorized (in writing) mods play more realistically than the official versions. I will make my own install method that includes the ROMS, and my own support files. You won't be able to shut it down, because of the blanket authorization. $25 per set, plus shipping, for 25 tables at least. I'll make a fortune.

STTNG will have photos of the turrets. I have the full rotation shopped already.

And, I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind giving WMS your IP so they can send their lawyers knocking on your door.

Who or what is WMS?

I won't do it if it is illegal.

My choice is PM, I already said that. But I don't have PM.

Yeah I'm sure Williams gaming would be real interested in IP from 20 years ago. You should give them the server name for downloading from AJ's too. You know they're more interested in stuff you can touch - like slot machines. The fact that nobody at Williams would touch a pc sim for even 'playing' with designs of future real machines might impact your idea there too. Let's see some action, here's their contact info:

WMS Gaming Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
800 South Northpoint Blvd.
Waukegan, IL 60085
USA
Phone 847/785-3000
Fax 847/785-3058
[email protected]

either that or calling your bluff, take your pick.

That would hurt us all. Even if they did give it thought, they would not not just go after one version of the recreations, but PacDude's, and yours as well. Releasing recreations of pinball machines is either legal, or it's not. How can you say mine are, and yours are not? You think they would care who's is first, who's is better, or who's is following rules of a forum?
You might get them to change their opinion on releasing recreations, if you bother them enough, but is that what you really want? If you really nailed them down, on an opinion, at it would just be an opinion, I think, and not an action, I would think that it would be that it's wrong for someone to do it, and then stop others from doing it as well.

PacDudes tables are free to mod. And I modded some. It is no more wrong for me to offer it up than it is for him to. I offered this more realistic way to do it to PacDude, and everyone else. I am not wrong to offer it, and Steve has no right to try to keep me from doing that.

If you bother them enough, they may change their minds though. I have emailed Jon and asked him to restore my PMs, that is the only covert way I will release these. He has not as of yet. I'll email him again until he does or gives me a reason why not. I might get them back, as of course I got my attachments back, or I might get an explanation, but I will get something I don't have now, either way.

If you bother WMS enough, I bet you will indeed get a change too.

If you SELL them, it's fucking illegal. This site and AJ's aren't selling the mother fuckers. And here I thought Destruk wasn't a fucking dumbass.

I'm not selling them. I'm selling the disk, and the effort of putting these free tables on it. They will be nice disks, light scribed with labels. And a nice case label.

$25 is about $24.84 more than the disk costs. You can dress it up any fucking way you want to, but that's selling and making a fucking profit. You should be fucking banned for even suggesting you'd do it and so should anyone else who thinks it's not profiteering.

You just lost what respect I had left for you. You are fucking scum. Period.

I said I would not do it if it was illegal. Excuse me if I don't take your word for it that it would be. And you have shown very little respect for me lately, so I don't feel I'm loosing much. You obviously have never bought a light scribe disk, and created artwork for labels. Neither come cheap.

Best to just download my mods from savefile.com.I have a /projects there that holds them as individual files.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back