Firepower V1.6 (PD) MOD Pulled (sorry, I did not do it)

Shockman

appropriate at this time
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Star Trek
I don't know why I put it into the underground thread. It seemed the right place at the moment, but That thread has been reburied at least once already, and it is not the correct place.

This is a very very simple Mod. 12 minutes, but plays so so much different. I'm not going to say better, here, that's for you to decide. I changed the slope to 12 and changed everything you can imagine about the flippers but the color. Elastic, size, shape, swing, speed.

I found the ball through the flipper fix, that PacDude took out of the core, saying it was not needed, because he was happy with the down swing being the same as the up swing. I found it in his script. This script. I took it it out and replaced it with my new system. Check yours for a 'ball through the flipper fix
line and if it's there you have the official version, not the mod. The mod don't need it, in the core or the script. Funny that he would take it again, fucking again, and say that we don't need it or anything, yet it shows up in his script. WE DO NEED A BALL THROUGH THE FLIPPER FIX PacDude. And you have proven it. we all need it though, not just you, so until it is put back into the script,

I will release a Mod of a PacDude release each and every day until I have done them all, or until it is put back into the script. It's reasonable, and it's fair.
I'm looking out for you.

Of course this is a moot point with this release as well as all the up coming releases from me. no need for a core fix or the script fix which IS HIS. My father always told me that if you steal something it is then yours, forever, and that is what makes it very wrong.

Any problems not connected with the flippers should be taken up with PacDude.
This Mod is offered as is. I can Mod a re-release in under 10 minutes now, so I will not maintain this table mod.

* attachment removed pending consent for this mod.

StevOz, Nirvana Admin.

RE: Firepower V1.6 (PD) MOD Released

Fell free to adjust the slope down a bit. 12 is max I would think. That's how I like it though. 10 or 10.5 may be better for most people.

This mod is not approved by the original author, thread trashed.

StevOz, Nirvana Admin.

Shockmans attachment privileges removed.

StevOz, Nirvana Admin.

-Mods are allowed (as usual with my releases), but please label your tables as such, both in this table info section and the table and zip file names and leave my credits intact. I'd prefer you keep your own RevHistory file with a different name, but including the previous entries prior to your mod.

This Mod was approved. Was this, your last lie approved, 'Oz?
I followed his guidelines.

Are you telling me that I can not attach anything anymore? Not even my original work?

Whoever would not like to wait till this is sorted, and has tried this, and like it, can post and I will make up a version of a PacDude table, anyone you want, and e-mail it back.

In fact, just post your Email to me in A PM and nothing else, and You will be on a mailing list.

PacDude is probably like that guy that died on an island because he would not get into the boat with the other's. Why not? because though The boat was built for all, it was not built by him.

This is more wrong than that. I have already said that I consider the moving of the fix, That which this fucking hack has now put into his scripts, was indeed a unauthorized mod. He did not put it in there, and it was not made for him, it was made for all, and the son of a bitch, it was not his to take out.

Give me one month, and when I say I'm ready, I will mail A CDrom with all pacdudes tables working, to anyone that sends me a prepaid mailer.

Why just PacDudes? Because he has told every one, written down dozens of times and told me personally, that his tables are free to mod.
Anyone the wants theirs modded can ask, or do it thenselves.

One thing you can take to the bank, and you know that is true. PacDude thinks these are better, or there would be no stink comming from his line right now.

Shockman said:
Why just PacDudes? Because he has told every one, written down dozens of times and told me personally, that his tables are free to mod.
Anyone the wants theirs modded can ask, or do it thenselves.

One thing you can take to the bank, and you know that is true. PacDude thinks these are better, or there would be no stink comming from his line right now.

Yes, his tables are free to mod assuming you put some real work into it. You are only doing this to antagonize him because you are a spiteful assclown, give it a rest already, your behavior is disgusting in my humble opinion...

Bullshit. Yes, his tables are free to mod. period. assuming that you follow his instruction on EACH AND EVERY release post. And you call me an ass. OK then, let's even pretend. lets pretend that Steve is right and it is an unauthorized mod. Think man, think. What is the problem? that I have the ability to do attachments, or is it the fact that I released an unauthorized mod? Think, I bet you will come to understand that the problem is that I released a mod, not that I can release things. There is no reason for me to have attachments taken away. You can't even make one up! Not even if it was truly an unauthorized mod.
Work? Are you daft man? I mean really. have you checked it out? It looks the same, that is all.
Fuck nuts, I thought you were done with me. I have not addressed you , and you come butting in with some off the wall crap like that. I put a fucking hell of a lot of thought into this, I just did not put a lot of time into it, because I had thought it out.

PacDude must be complaining behind the scenes. That's all I can think of. He must be Blackmailing you because his tables are free to mod, or so he says, I put a lot of work into it and attachments have nothing to do with this problem. I see no reason to even bring it up, let alone take the attachments away.

This is the kind of stuff I mean, when I say that neither of you are very good at this, and at times just a fucking joke at it.

And the other day you showed so much promise Shockman
I thought that this time around that you were serious about getting your membership back and that you were finished playing these games

*sigh*

guess we might try again in the new year hey Phil?

Like I said in another thread, there's a difference between a legit mod and one that's ONLY being done out of spite and it's clear that Shockman is only doing it because I won't put the flipper code back in the core... the same code he bitched and whined and cursed about being IN there in the first place. So I gave him what he wanted. I removed it. Now he wants it back. Too fucking bad. It's gone forever and nothing he contributes will ever be used again in any core type function if I have anything to say about it. He has to learn there are consequences to his actions and telling the world to fuck off will likely result in the world telling him to get lost.

The staff ASKED me if I specifically authorized the mod. I said no and that Shockman was simply doing it to be an ass. They took their own action after that and I agree with it in this case.

This is no game Peter. Nothing has changed about that conversation. I assume you understand that I should not have to loose my only means of distributing my work because I released a Mod that was authorized in writing, don't you? You also, I assume can understand that there is some things that are worthy of speaking up for yourself for too, am I right? How about if I only voice my anger about having my work taken out of the .vbs file, and loosing my attachment privileges, for two weeks? You could understand two weeks, right?

But I said, asked, please, to set me straight if I am wrong. Please take that approach, I welcome it.

Better yet, please ban Shockman for repeated personal abuse (again). Try to convince Jon to make it permanant while you're at it. Imagine... a world without Shock Troll jumping in and telling everyone to fuck off all the time. Ahhh. That would be nice.

Alternately, I could stop releasing tables here again so I don't have to put up with that abuse.

Shockman said:
Whoever would not like to wait till this is sorted, and has tried this, and like it, can post and I will make up a version of a PacDude table, anyone you want, and e-mail it back.

I'd like to see PD's Sorcerer table with your flipper settings... I didn't login in time to download your first mod, which can't be unauthorized, I'm sorry, but that's impossible if he labeled it as a mod. I don't want to get involved in this, but I would like to try his settings on Sorcerer as I can't hit sqat with the current settings.

Send it to me at the following email address without the spaces.

bobsvppage @ aol.com

You lie PacDude. I bitched and whined and cursed about you, being the maintainer of the thing to have credit to you in it, if you were the one to put it there, or not, without the credit in there for me as well. People know that. You gave me what I wanted? not only another lie but bullshit. People know that PacDude.

The changes are good changes. they let you have any speed you want for the up swing. They let you have any speed you want for the down swing. Do you think that I updated Mr. & Mrs. PAC-MAN out of some spite? My mod of mmpac is not out of spite, and neither is the ones of your last releases. They make them work well with proper size, shape, and swing, as well as much much, much more realistic speeds, and elimate the ball through the flipper. They made the tables much more realistic, and play better in my opinion. My mod of mmpac is legit, and so is my other mods. They set a new standard, a new state of the art. They take nothing away from your work other than that which you admitted was there as a compromise like the shallow flippers that you said were wrong but needed. I offered that to you and you refused it. I put my name on nothing. I made your table the way you would wanted to make it if you could, and that is legit. It is you, refusing to let the rest of the membership decide that is spiteful in my opinion. It is you that resists change if you are not the one leading it. You would love this change if you would give it a chance. It takes the very little bit that needed improvement in you table and improves that alone. It is legit, it is a simple, but vast improvement, and you would be proud of it, had you done it. That is what a good mod is all about. That is what an authorized mod is about, and that is why you should embrace it. It is something that every table builder would want to have in their bag of tricks. It is what anyone that would say that they want the best in the techniques available to them. It is what you are taking away from us.

Mods are allowed (as usual with my tables). Who needs specifics, when they have a general basis like that?

If you had come up with this, and would have offered it up, there would be no need to mod my tables, it would be part of the official release. But that is the difference between you and me, I guess.

It was labeled as a mod, Bob. It was authorized, as you know, in writing. I'll get that off to you soon.

I got that Sorcerer mod off to you. As I said. I agree that this one was in desperate need of it. The good news is that it works great with this one. I can even catch the ball with the new settings. I hope you find the improvement as vast as I do. I actually enjoy this table much more now.

Sorry for the delay. I really did not have this one ready, I lied. But it was a quick fix. I would not even call it a mod in the case of this kind of playability, but a fix.

This would be taking the whole community by storm, if anyone else would have come up with it, and of that there is no doubt.

Let us know what you think, OK?

I forgot though. I changed the script to use the L-2 roms, because that is the ones I had, and was going to switch back. If you have the L-2 roms then it will work. If you have the L-1 roms then you can either get the 2 ones, you know that, or change the line in the script back to L-1.

line 155
Const RomSet1 = "sorcr_l2" ' Production Rom L-2 (Williams, 1985)

I tested Sorcerer more, trying to get the ball to fall through, and it did, so it needs tweaking, and will do that and let you know when it's done. I will also see if I can fix the graphic glitch with the upper flipper, I had that on mmpac for a long time and got it fixed.

Had my PMs taken away. Fuck. I don't know for which one either, so perhaps I deserved it. I sure hope it was not for my REPLY to John's, I really hope not. I have not PMed him in a very long time, but I answer his in like manor every time. I guess he don't like my poetry.

I would never report his though, he can say what he wants to me. You all can. I don't report anything, but what I do in public.

I wish they would explain when they do this kind of thing though, but getting that would be like pulling teeth.

Okay, let's put THIS in writing. Mods are allowed EXCEPT for Shockman who is a fucking cock sucker who takes it up the ass from his own dog on a nightly basis.

Seriously, I'm getting sick of your tired old fucking bullshit, Shockman.

I'll tell you what I've seen one last time in the only kind of language you can seem to understand! The language of fucking pyschotic ranting!

I see you cursing and screaming at me for "taking credit" for something I had NOTHING to fuck well do with. I told you wpcmame WROTE that line in the core and it *ONLY* says that I suggested he put it in the core. I simply tried to get the core updated so all the tables using the code would stop dropping fucking balls down the flippers. You turn THAT into some paranoid fucking EGO TRIP where I stole your idea and took credit for saving the fucking planet or something. I mean WHAT THE FUCK you *PSYCHOTIC* MOTHER FUCKER!?

And you *ARE* fucking PSYCHOTIC, there can be NO doubt about that. One only need look at the THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of endless fucking RANTS about those motherfuckers that wronged you and lied to you and screwed you out of VPF access!

I've got news for you motherfucker. YOU are the *ONLY* one that *EVER* screwed yourself over in all this. You and your fucking mouth (or fingers as it were) that won't SHUT THE FUCK UP.

You have NO CLUE what polite behavior is. You only understand ONE word and that word is FUCK.

You tell people to fuck off and die and then you expect them to restore your posting privileges? WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP DELUSIONAL PSYCHOTIC LUNATIC FRINGE WORLD DO YOU COME FROM YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER?

You just don't GET IT. You act like a fucking psychotic fruit cake from Mars that can't get his own finger out of his ass long enough to realize it won't stop you from shitting all over your own house!

I've seen some stupid motherfuckers in my day, but you make lunatic nut jobs like coffinsurfer seem like total class acts by comparison! You are the KING of PSYCHOTIC NUT JOBS!

You think MODDING one or two tables and then sitting on your ass whining the rest of your life makes you special? It makes you look like the fucking NUT CASE you are!

People BAN your sorry ass from every fucking forum there is except this one (because Jon is the end-all patriarch of free speech apparently) and yet you don't seem to COMPREHEND the *REASON* they keep banning you! It is not NORMAL to get banned from every site you go to! A normal person would get a fucking CLUE that means their BEHAVIOR is UNACCEPTABLE.

But NOT YOU. No no no. You think you're normal and everyone else in the entire world is out to do nothing but fuck you over!

That's not even RATIONAL in the SLIGHTEST. If you could see yourself in the fucking mirror with SANE eyes for one second, you'd be TERRIFIED to see the fucking raving lunatic psychopath staring back at you!

And no you are not remotely the first person to suggest you've found the perfect fucking flipper settings! Ask PK. Ask Zaphod. They came WAY before you. And guess what? The only thing it fixed was what they were trying to aim for at the time. It ALWAYS fucked up the aim ELSEWHERE. EVERY FUCKING TIME. Why? BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE FLIPPERS TO BEHAVE REALISTICALLY WITH THE CURRENT PHYSICS IN THE PUBLIC VERSION OF VP!!!! IT'S FUCKING INACCURATE PHYSICS!

Ultracade has supposedly corrected this. You can pop in the correct visual numbers there and they will aim correctly. NOT SO in VP! And no slight adjustments will help there. You think going from 0.137 to 0.14 makes the slighest fucking bit of difference? You might as well just increase flipper power from 1 to 1.05. That's the level of difference we're talking about you stupid fuck!

This would be taking the whole community by storm, if anyone else would have come up with it, and of that there is no doubt.

Yeah, PK would have had us believe the same thing. The only thing he did was fuck up the aiming so you couldn't aim straight up towards the center to SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!

Zaphod e-mailed me and told me the same thing! He's got my games playing like the REAL FUCKING THING BABY!!! (yawn). Okay okay, send me the table Zaphod.... Need I even say what a big fucking surprise it was to find that he discovered nearly the very same flipper settings as PK! They can't aim for shit up the center!!!! And why didn't he notice? He tried them on a table that had no important center shot!!! That didn't change the fucking fact the flippers didn't BEHAVE right. I can tell right away! I know what real flippers are like and what VP flippers are like. YOU CAN'T MAKE A BROKEN PHYSICS WORLD WORK RIGHT! That's why it's called BROKEN!!!

Now what the FUCK is so hard to understand there? Okay okay, you're RETARDED, I know.

I forgot though. I changed the script to use the L-2 roms, because that is the ones I had, and was going to switch back. If you have the L-2 roms then it will work. If you have the L-1 roms then you can either get the 2 ones, you know that, or change the line in the script back to L-1.

line 155
Const RomSet1 = "sorcr_l2" ' Production Rom L-2 (Williams, 1985)

The mere fucking fact you don't even know the game has a FUCKING ROM MENU to SELECT the rom you want to use (no need to alter any script lines to change the rom set dumbass!) shows how INCREDIBLY STUPID you are!

You make state of the art tables?!???? You can't even read the fucking instructions! DUMBASS! You're a total fucking DUMBASS!!!!

Press F6 and select your rom! If you hadn't turned off the fucking boot menu, you'd get the rom option right before you started the table!!!

DUMBASS!

I resemble that remark!
I cant find the Rom select menu anywhere.
I pressed F6.

No I don't think going from 0.137 to 0.14 would make a bit of difference, and that is why I would not say that, and why I know you don't understand what is going on here. I changed it from 0.137 to 0.014 and yes, I think it makes one hell of a difference.

I never modded Mr. & Mrs. PAC-MAN, I told you that. I made the VP only version from scratch and put in Gastons VPM script. POTO was a mod. So is Srocerer, and Fire Power, and others. When I feel like it, I sit on my ass. I have the upper flipper graphic glitch almost gone, but I had to remove your ball change trigger, it was just in the way and that is not the way to fix this, I know, I struggled with mmpac's same problem for a long time, but I'm sure you don't want that either, so that's the last you'll hear of that. Aim up the middle, yeah, that's a tough one, that one. That's what this is all about PacDude, aiming everywhere. I can't believe you would beat the drum for setting aiming spots, but you use to do that with the plunger's skill shots too, as I did, so maybe. I picked off every stand up target in the middle of the table with one ball, no big deal, except I was hitting the ones I was aiming at, and they are close together.

PK, yes he has great ideas and implements them well. What I like most about him though, is his open mind, and sharing ways.

I don't know of your problems with those others, but Rob and Leon, and I'm not going to touch that.

I don't know why you are going off about flipper settings. This is not about flipper settings, this is about realistic speeds up and down, and that alone. Of course I am going to use settings I like, and expect every one, even if they use this technique to do the same. If you really like .137 up and down, then you have reached nirvana long ago. Congratulations.

Bye, bye, PacDude. Or maybe not. The day someone would ban anyone for arguing with you, is the day that 'Oz is on duty. JK 'Oz, chill.

Steve. You have read PacDude's release posts. You have read what he said here. For personal use. We both know he is not stupid, he would know better than to put such restrictions on personal mods, the title, and info section, etc. Let's try again. Because this took no work, and made it no better, and was done only for spite. Bull. Lastly, because it is me. OK, I can buy into that, I really can. If you want to make it policy that I can't release a mod, because it is me doing it, OK, that your policy, retro like even.
But you can not say that I released an unauthorized mod. I did not. You can only say that it was unauthorized post release. I could say to bad, but I can't back that up because I have no control to do that. You can even say that I unauthorized it myself in my approach. But you can not say that I should loose my attachment privileges because of a retro active decision, can you. I know you can. Will you?
I have every PM I ever got here. Would you accept them to look over and see if I should loose that, or if I have only replied to a abusive PM?

I want to get back on track, but I want to continue to fix what I can and share that. I will not, however, ever again attach a mod. I will ask the author to do that. I will not PM to anyone that which I think they could report as abuse. I admit some were abusive, and I know you don't need me to say that. I will not put anything personal in my sig. I can handle this. You know I can.

Shockman said:
Had my PMs taken away. Fuck. I don't know for which one either, so perhaps I deserved it. I sure hope it was not for my REPLY to John's, I really hope not. I have not PMed him in a very long time, but I answer his in like manor every time. I guess he don't like my poetry.

Answer me in like manner? My message wasn't filled with profanity and vile, repulsive stuff like your answer to me was. Of course I reported it, even you're not so dumb to have thought I would have let it slide.

Yes I am. I thought you were a grown man. Yes mine had profanity, and yes yours did not. Did you fine it rude? or do you just have something against profane comments? I found what you said to me more rude, because I did not PM you asking you for anything from you. You offered that up. I also found what you said to be as mean at least because you did not lighten it up with profanity, and yours was personal, and mine was gibberish, whack, free form poetry, and yours was meant to engage me and mine was meant to get you to stop donating me points so you could stab me with mean personal, rude, and continuing abuse. It was meant to shock you, not hurt you, yours was meant to hurt me, and nothing else. How about you post what I said to you and I post the, never mind, I can't, I forgot.

I lost my PMs over this. Your pm was effective, not mine. and I have at least a dozen from you in this same vain. how many do you have from me?

Even if it is one sided, I permit you to post what I said that you felt the need to complain about. Please, we could use a good laugh around here about now.

My message wasn't filled with profanity and vile, repulsive stuff...
True, but mine was as you said, an answer to yours.

What would you have me say? "your mean", "Am not", "I'm going to tell on you!!!!!"

Usually When John PMs me a point donation, and tells me what to do with it, I thank him for the points, and tell him that I miss him and that it's good to see him, etc.

I was wrong John, I can read, and cut from them, We can stack them up against each others if and only if you want to.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back