First REAL preview pic - Superman Returns Pinball :)

subzero

scottish bloke
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness
Couldnt hold it in any longer - very early WIP progress, anthias and myself change the playfield layout almost 3 times a week!!! Ignore the habitrails outside the table, they are most probably going to disappear completely.

Attachments

• srpinball_111.jpg
    srpinball_111.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 986
In order for it to be a true superman returns pinball, shouldn't you copy most of the original Atari machine?
kinda like how the movie 'borrowed' heavily from the 70's version

Seriously, looks good, love the minimalistic backglass

Isn't the pinball part redundant on the backglass? I mean it's a pinball machine. Of course it's pinball. What pinball game actually says "pinball" on the backglass? You don't see "Addams Family Pinball" on the backglass. It's Addams Family (period).

Well it says future pinball on the cabinet, future pinball's logos on the keychain, the flippers, the spinner, the plunger metal casing,, and you can't turn off the loigo on the table display, so adding it to the backglass and playfield art might make it clear that it's pinball....

Stern Pinball has it on the backglass. :) Maybe sometime I can play moon patrol and donkey kong - they get about the same amount of screen time. Now that I give it more thought, perhaps every model with "FP" certified logo etched onto it has passed their quality control standards to be authentic. That's why gates don't work, and poppers, and about 4/5th of the models it can use.

The keychain does what it's supposed to do, and is realistic in every way so it gets the FP sticker of approval.

Re: RE: First REAL preview pic - Superman Returns Pinball :)

Pacdude said:
Isn't the pinball part redundant on the backglass? I mean it's a pinball machine. Of course it's pinball. What pinball game actually says "pinball" on the backglass? You don't see "Addams Family Pinball" on the backglass. It's Addams Family (period).

Because I want it to OK.

Attachments

• srtable_179.jpg
    srtable_179.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 864
RE: Re: RE: First REAL preview pic - Superman Returns Pinbal

I think it'd be really cool to kill the emreels and use the dmd in the middle between the speakers. It looks much better now, but sad that the backglass has them covering it up.

Too right destruk - the emreels are allready gone. the other day I implimented a DMD in the space you mention. Currently I have the dmd + gas displays in that location. (as with the previous tables released with my DMD in them, the bulk of the dmd action is on the HUD but there is a "duplicate" on the translite that only has the animation layer avaliable) I could code all the scores to be handled on the dmd directly, but that could mean the scores only being on the hud, and probably only one player at a time with my current model. I suppose I could adapt my current text layer to incorporate four smaller seperate hud scores within the DMD so you can allways see the other players scores.... I'll think about that for later - I'm not sure how that many extra overlays could effect it all.

looked cool

any update to this WIP
looked to be a decent table

WIP to DOA????

or still knocking it around

I think its DOA now im afraid, unless anthias gets his finger out and codes it all, as thats all thats needing done!!!

shame this table never got completed...

Wow! That original post was from 2006!
I am surprised you even found it!
So it's definitely a no go on this one then huh?

Wow I must have heard you. I just wandered on here wondering if I still have any hints to the rules tucked away in any messages. Not that I have a lot of time but I found this sitting in my table folder the other day and thought wistfully of the shame that letting tables and teams fall aside really is...

Well, I edited this post to attach a little surprise. You will find a video in the zip file.

Attachments

• SRTPteaser.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 260
Last edited:
needs a new playfield image...i'd rather base it on the new 'MAN OF STEEL' pinball, but keeping the layout somewhat the same!!!

Man Of Steel has some real potential as a theme. It could make for an edgier presentation which might be a nice touch, but obviously it would be limited by a lack of sound bytes etc since the film is not released yet. Perhaps we could do two versions? I have made my layout tweaks, so the ball flows (it got ramp trapped in a few places) and am coding away. I had to make some minor modifications, I hope they are ok :) I will send it back through to you soon SubZero, and you can make the theme decisions :)

When I have some form of complete rule set coded, I will do a new vid teaser lol.

Go Anthias! I don't know if you were referring to me or not when you said
'glad I heard you' but if this means you are going to be finishing the 'man of Steel' pin
then WOOHOO!

That's what it means Faralos :) Subzero, you have a PM at PO

Well as promised, here is a link to the youtube vidoe: (I couldn't access youtube earlier hence that zip file) YOUTUBE VIDEO

The current rule set is as follows:

red white and blue target lights give 3x bumpers for 30 seconds and activate the hidden wall lock, shoot kicker to red ramp for multi,

the cup is a multi sequence, shoot to light each arrow then flash then finally for multi

orange arrow lights - hit targs to light and activate rescue mode - all kickers score x5 for 45 seconds

drop all targets on the kryptonite platform for kryptonite mode, all target x4 for 45 seconds (platform resets on exit ramp!)

light the three red white and blue lights (targets beneath the spinning disk) to open fortress of solitude. Shoot the cup to enter, for 50,000 points

drop the two centre targets (beside the scoop ramp and behind the centre upkicker cage) for *** mode. light all four in / out lanes and all three rollovers for 45,000

light the four in/out lanes for 30 second ball saver

Light the three centre rollover lanes for bonus multiplier

Each time you activate a mode (except multiball modes) you add one of the centre playfield green lights. Light them all to increment table multiplier and launch wizard mode for a bonus 75,000 points. Wizard mode is a five ball multiball (this is why the multiball modes don't add to it, but you CAN still stack modes for nightmare fun!)

7 years too late to release this as superman returns now....it has to be MOS!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back