JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
since upgrading postnuke last week! It's something that should get fixed when i update the forums next week but in the meantime if you click on the "Maximize" link up top things will look proper.

The maximize mod was initially installed for bob so i refer to it as my "bob mod"...:jester:

Jon

JonPurpleHaze said:
since upgrading postnuke last week! It's something that should get fixed when i update the forums next week but in the meantime if you click on the "Maximize" link up top things will look proper.

The maximize mod was initially installed for bob so i refer to it as my "bob mod"...:jester:

Jon

I sure hope the Bob Mod wasn't too painful to either of you. Doesn't sound like fun. :p

John

For those having trouble logging in, set your bookmark to the link on the left pane and not the link that comes up when you click on it as they're not the same from my testing here and manually inserting the left pane link to my bookmarks logs me in automatically while using the other link does not.

Oddly enough, I had to login again with that link, Bob, but it did log-in correctly there that time. I didn't even realize there was a recent posts summary page like that on here.

This link works for me and I do believe that the flipperless link will not work sometime into the future.

http://pinballnirvana.com

StevOz said:
This link works for me and I do believe that the flipperless link will not work sometime into the future.

http://pinballnirvana.com

I'm not experiencing any login problems since a few days ago when i changed some code, it may have something to do with cookies on your machine. flipperless.com is going to disappear is a month or so.

I seldom have any problem accessing the site. I check the box that remembers me, and I don't log out after each visit, if that helps anyone.

John

I have trouble at home where I log in fine and when I move to another page I tend to lose the log in. I also can't post messages at home as it loses the log in when I attempt to submit the post. At home I use Firefox 1.5, WinXPHome, ZoneAlarm Firewall (Pinball Nirvana in the trusted zone set to medium). My firewall only blocks third party cookies.

At work the setup is similar except I don't know the particulars of the firewall. WinXPPro and Firefox 1.04 which I think is the main difference.

I should try it using a different browser at home and see what happens - I have Opera and Explorer at home so I'll try them.

I should check my bookmarks too since you are changing to pinballnirvana, I think they're old.

Anyone with any ideas?

DS

flipperless.com cookies and bookmarks could be causing problems. Since the upgrade I started to forward flipperless.com to pinballnirvana.com and you might have noticed that forum reply notices do not come from flipperless.com anymore. Some did before the sites return.

I'd appreciate any testing so i can get to the bottom of this, i intend to upgrade the forums and will be changing the cookie settings but in the meantime....

I have trouble at home where I log in fine and when I move to another page I tend to lose the log in. I also can't post messages at home as it loses the log in when I attempt to submit the post. At home I use Firefox 1.5, WinXPHome, ZoneAlarm Firewall (Pinball Nirvana in the trusted zone set to medium). My firewall only blocks third party cookies.

davidsss, I'd like to know if your bookmark points to flipperless.com and also if the pages you lose the login are all forum pages, any combination of these would sorta make sense to me. I use FireFox and was notified about a browser specific problem with IE that was fixed. Maybe it's possible that cookies are logging you in at flipperless.com (or Pinballnirvana.com) and browser settings are treating the forums as a 3rd party cookie, i don't know.

I don't have anymore flipperless.com cookies, but the eggnog is great!

:santa:

Actually I read your first paragraph and realised that if my bookmark and/or setting in the firewall ar for flipperless.com and not pinballnirvana it could be the problem. I'll have to wait until I get home to look. Of course, if it doesn't work I'll have to come back to work tomorrow morning to tell you the answer!

I'll check it out.

Thanks
DS

EDIT: Just checked the bookmark on the work PC and it was set to flipperless.com and it works fine. Go figure? Then again there's no software firewall on this PC, the network has firewalls but I don't know what they are.

Assuming this post works I think I've solved the problem at home - bookmarked old site adress and also used old site address in trusted zone on firewall.

Cool, I think that's one less potential problem for JPH. I wonder if he's getting any sleep?

DS

I switched to "maximize" earlier and (I've been on a LOT today...I can only be on every so often, so I try to make the best of it) suddenly I noticed that everything had gone "vanilla" again, and had to hit "maximize" again. Evidently it resets to minimize every so often.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back