FP crashes while "initialising Newton"

AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
I've been working for a while on Bally Spectrum. I love this table but about an hour ago, I stopped "fixing" stuff, saved, loaded to check and all was ok.

Came back and wanted to load the table and got this:

Code:
Error code C0000005: ACCESS VIOLATION

Address: 004704E4 -> Future Pinball.exe:000704E4
     Flags: 00000000

Fault Occured At $ADDRESS:004704E4 ->Future Pinball.exe:000704E4
         with 50 51 8B 4C 24 0C E8 5D 88 00 00 D9 44 24 10 D8 1D A8 F1 32

Address: 08244C8B -> UNKNOWN:08244C8B
***  0 called from $ADDRESS:08244C8B

All other tables seem to work fine so it's something I did for sure and I've reverted everything I remembered changing but no luck.

So I removed fpram, cache and cfg, then I reinstalled FP+BAM and still crashes. I decided to remove all the physics stuff and lighting too so basically only original code is left and still crashes.

It must be a render issue. Some object?

I'll keep trying to fix this and post if I can but if meanwhile anyone remembers having similar issue, please let me know.

Although it loads, I'll just assume the .fpt is corrupted in some way. and start from backup.

Note to self, backup more often :)

You could try replacing the entire script from a fresh version of the table. It might allow you to save the other changes you made to the table.

Also I often use this to compare 2 versions of the script or an XML:

I use very nice compare plugin in Notepad++ for that stuff. Thanks anyway.

I did left the script with only the original code as you can read above too.

I have though about it today and I did not revert a change. I tried to correct two textures with paint.NET. A top left and top right both have a transparent mid-area and that disagree with textured guides across the top and below them when selecting the new render. Looks ugly as hell ?

But I did reimport the originals back... Anyway all is well now as my backup was not so old as I though.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back