FP Meditation Error - Sonic Pinball Mania (1.1) & Junkyard Cats - Bam Edition 1.1

OldPinballEyes

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
AC-DC
I have installed this table by TerryRed and after following the instructions carefully I get an error when running the table in FP from FPLoader ( win8 compatibility, I have also once ran it as administrator as indicated in the instructions) the backglass and playfield are displayed nicely (nothing on the FullDMD).
The error displayed is:
Pinball Meditation Error
Script Error Line 5435
Type Mismatch: 'ZRBtrakedSoundBalls'

I get a similar but different error preventing this other table from playing - Junkyard Cats - Bam Edition 1.1
Here the error is:
Pinball Meditation Error
Script Error Line 279
Division by zero

The two tables that came with the Baller Installer are running

My system has the latest C++ on it with the following hardware
Intel i7-4790
16 Gb RAM
Nvidia RTX 1070Ti - Cab Screen Configuration (4K playfield, 720P Backglass and 720P FullDMD)
Nailbuster Baller Installer recently used so latest BAM version

Any advice you may have that can help get these tables running is appreciated

I have installed this table by TerryRed and after following the instructions carefully I get an error when running the table in FP from FPLoader ( win8 compatibility, I have also once ran it as administrator as indicated in the instructions) the backglass and playfield are displayed nicely (nothing on the FullDMD).
The error displayed is:
Pinball Meditation Error
Script Error Line 5435
Type Mismatch: 'ZRBtrakedSoundBalls'

I get a similar but different error preventing this other table from playing - Junkyard Cats - Bam Edition 1.1
Here the error is:
Pinball Meditation Error
Script Error Line 279
Division by zero

The two tables that came with the Baller Installer are running

My system has the latest C++ on it with the following hardware
Intel i7-4790
16 Gb RAM
Nvidia RTX 1070Ti - Cab Screen Configuration (4K playfield, 720P Backglass and 720P FullDMD)
Nailbuster Baller Installer recently used so latest BAM version

Any advice you may have that can help get these tables running is appreciated
Also I read this from the FAQ section of the Sonic PBM install instructions and I performed all these steps:
FP gives me a "Pinball Meditation Error" after the table is loaded.

- ensure you have all the Visual C++ updates installed (reboot)
- ensure you have the correct FP Video and Editor settings
- ensure you are directly loading FPLoader.exe (this is BAM) and not loading FuturePinball.exe
- you may need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator once (but shouldn't need to after that)

I have not personally used the Nailbuster Baller Installer, but just to make sure you have latest BAM version, I would download it and update.
Here is what it says on his Terry's Sonic page..

Future Pinball and BAM (1.5-345 or higher) is required to play this table!
https://www.ravarcade.pl/
Don't assume you have the latest BAM. If in doubt, update it!

If you only need to update BAM:

- backup your entire BAM folder
- download the latest BAM update zip file from ravarcade's site
- install the latest BAM update (replace all files)
- copy the BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg from your backup BAM folder and replace the files in your BAM folder (these are your previous BAM settings)

I have played both tables on my PC without any problems. Oddly, I looked at the script of both tables and found that Line 5435 of Sonic does not reference 'ZRBtrakedSoundBalls'. Likewise, Line 279 of Junkyard does not have a "/" which performs division. I have found that incorrect meditation errors are sometimes an indication of a lack of resources. It seems like your PC should be good enough but then I don't have a cabinet with all the fronts ends installed. Maybe @TerryRed can help you.

Also I read this from the FAQ section of the Sonic PBM install instructions and I performed all these steps:
FP gives me a "Pinball Meditation Error" after the table is loaded.

- ensure you have all the Visual C++ updates installed (reboot)
- ensure you have the correct FP Video and Editor settings
- ensure you are directly loading FPLoader.exe (this is BAM) and not loading FuturePinball.exe
- you may need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator once (but shouldn't need to after that)

You MUST update to the newest version of BAM which is not included with Baller Installer.

How to do so is included with Sonic Pinball Mania 1.1's Install Instructions.

thanks so much guys I just installed the baller installer this weekend after having to do an OS reinstall for other issues I was having. I never thought BAM would have updated already. I updated the components for BAM and then both tables ran without an issue! I will be enjoying these this week, it has been a bit of a learning curve but well worth it. I have been focusing on one system FP at first and just setting up a dozen tables as a basis for learning all the ins and outs to get them to play well. I appreciate the great work of the table authors and all the help I have found in these forums. Hopefully I will understand this better at some point and be able to help others.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: simon.bethke is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back