VPX Recreation FSS VPX MOD's and where to find them.

xenonph

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Congo
FSS (Full Single Screen)
These FSS MOD's are for 1 single screen rotated setups, but I like to use them in desktop mode with a little adjusting.
They are built to show Backglass and Playfield on same screen.
I noticed after browsing the other Pinball sites, that I couldn't find many FSS Tables anymore. (Found only 1 FSS MOD on VPU.)
I sent a message to the person who first created these, Nick (Arconovum, Hanzoverfist), and he sent me his site link which I will share here.

Thanks Nick!!! These FSS MOD's are amazing!!!

Here is sample pic showing day to night mode on Banzai Run..
Banzai Run Shadows thumb.jpg

The site appears to be down.

I just clicked link and it works for me.
Capturezz.PNG

This is what I get:

1669699412433.png

Strange.
Maybe try using a different browser?
I am using Firefox.

OK. It works on Firefox.

Whew!!
Look how long that page is!!
Also at the bottom of page are some Tutorial videos on how to make these FSS Mods.

You can actually make any table look like that on Future Pinball when you use the Static Cam menu on BAM. I do something similar when I post tables using the "rotated display" version that you have probably seen on my postings. I only display the DMD on the backglass so there is more room to see the table. It wouldn't take much to change it to look like their tables.

Nick had to actually alter the VPX code, to get this working back then, and it was eventually merged into what we have now, thanks to his efforts.
This was not possible in VPX, before Nick came along with his brilliant idea.
He is now part of the VP Dev Team.

Capturezzz.PNG

Thanks for the post Xeno. Yes my site is only tested on firefox.
EDIT:
Also the day /night control has been made available on the lastest VPX release, From the command line.
from the git page:
add new command line parameter "-GLES [value]" which overrides the global emission scale (day/night setting, value range: 0.115..0.925)

examples:
for night launch table with this on command line -GLES 0.115
for day launch table with this on command line -GLES 0.925

Last edited:
Here is a portrait mode cabinet made by an avid FSS user (he also owns many real pins). I have mine too, but I will post that at a later date. Other users have sent me pics of their builds but I can't seem to find them in my mail.
image_123927839.JPG

Found those other FSS build images. The first one was an FSS cabinet being shown off at a fair in Toronto.

FSS.CAB at CNE1.thumb.png

Then some other home FSS cabinets.

FSS_CAB.Image3.thumb.pngFSS.CAB.Image2.png

Nick had to actually alter the VPX code, to get this working back then, and it was eventually merged into what we have now, thanks to his efforts.
This was not possible in VPX, before Nick came along with his brilliant idea.
He is now part of the VP Dev Team.

View attachment 34956
I'm not seeing the backglass when I try this FSS mode with VPW tables. I know it has a backglass because it is there in the VR room...My system runs default in portrait mode.

Thoughts?

more than likely FSS mode on VPW/VPVR tables, the backglass / backbox are scripted hidden / visible depending on parameters.

Actually @rascal made quite a few of these, did an excellent job on TMNT.

Will be updating the site with a new category : MAME vertical(portrait mode) cabs , started those a few years back and have made just a few more. For those who are into that sort of thing, me and my son have been having a blast with track and field.. man that game is still fun!

Part1:

_Clipboard-1_thumb.png

_Clipboard-2_thumb.png

_Clipboard-3_thumb.png

_Clipboard-4_thumb.png

Just added four more to the collection... Man It has been like forever I have been dying to do Stargate... And Missile Cmd was fun discovered how to do something I could not do before.. I like when that happens!

_Clipboard-9_thumb.png

Last batch.. I'm done... just a few more I have wanted like forever ago! especially 'Discs of Tron'
_Clipboard-10_thumb.png

_Clipboard-11_thumb.png

Damn those look great!
Can't wait to try all of these out!!
If you do decide to do more of these, I have a few classics you might consider.
Gyruss -----------(This is one of the 4 games that I like to call part of the G Series, Galaga, Galaxian, Grobda, and Gyruss.)
Black Tiger ------(I made a pinball table out of this game.)
Rastan -----------(I am thinking about making a Pinball table based on this game.)
Elevator Action -(This was the machine I always heard first, when walking in an arcade besides Pac-Man.)

Great job!

You are in luck, I already have good assets for those other 3 .. been collecting assets for years, and I am now finally making use of them.

Impressive work!

Do you have to have a vertical cabinet to play these?

Do you have to have a vertical cabinet to play these?
Yes, you do.. mixed vertical/horizontal TV's and already being made. So Vertical is the future!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back