• Google Translate to French or Other Languages Click on the link and a new tab will open with this page translated into French.
    Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language. Users will not be logged in on the new Google tab.

BAM Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide by TerryRed

wryker

Pinball Nudger
Read the Mega Guide. DMDext.exe 1.9 is what you need. I link to the topics for that on the forums as well. Only DMD based tables can do it (without modding the table)
I will look into that next. First - go see how all those tables I just d/l and added look. I d/l all 5-6 of your PinEvent ones along w/the PRO ones in the Mega link.

wryker

Pinball Nudger
Read the Mega Guide. DMDext.exe 1.9 is what you need. I link to the topics for that on the forums as well. Only DMD based tables can do it (without modding the table
How come some tables (ACDC, LOTR, eg) the ball moves 'slow' on the table while others (Jurassic Park) ZOOM around the table (too fast)?
And where would I put those BMP files to make the ball silver vs the 'beach ball' color?
You need to confirm what AXIS the alp uses for accelerometer on OTG today. It may have changed.

Otherwise... you need to use the ALP nudge buttons. These MUST be assigned using "keys" (joy to key setting the nudge buttons to a "key"), as FP only allows keys or DPAD for digital nudging.
Is there a setting for the flippers (like there is in VPX) to increase the responsiveness? I did notice a very slight lag in them.

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Lag on the ALP is unavoidable. You can disable VSYNC to help, but this may make some tables run poorly or wrong.

Read the section in the Mega Guide about Physics.

Read the section about changing the ball texture.

wryker

Pinball Nudger
Lag on the ALP is unavoidable. You can disable VSYNC to help, but this may make some tables run poorly or wrong.

Read the section in the Mega Guide about Physics.

Read the section about changing the ball texture.
How do I replace the ball w/the BMP 'silver' one?

TerryRed

Pinball Master
If you have a zip of a ball texture... then you can rename it to default.zip and copy to the BAM folder.

This will change it for all tables except those with custom ball textures. You may need to press N or P to cycle back to the default ball while playing if you changed the texture before with N or P.

If you only want a specific table to change to that texture, then rename the zip to the name of the table file and copy it yo Tables folder.

wryker

Pinball Nudger
It's not a zip folder. In the table there's a folder (not zipped) labeled BMP. There's an image of a silver ball in it and, what looks like scratches on a wall?
And no one from FB has responded to my question other than someone also looking for an answer.
I've read through the Mega Guide about the Physics and visited your site: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/how-to-add-new-bam-dynamic-physics-to-a-future-pinball-table.20002/ (BAM - How to add new BAM dynamic physics to a Future Pinball table)
I will try this at a later date.
After reading the DMDExt pages I don't understand this "enable advanced DMDExt options menu (right-click on the DMD window) by using dmddevice.ini" - does that mean to start a table and right-click on the current DMD for that table?

TerryRed

Pinball Master
I can't comment on every table... but SLAM has "some" tables include a zip file for the ball texture.

If you only have the BMP folder.... then try zipping it and naming it like I mentioned above.

For DMDext... you need to have it properly running and displayed (its a separate app / window) when launching a FP table. Once you have it displaying correctly... then you can right-click on it to access more menu options.... but the advanced options won't show up unless you use the correct launch parameters of DMDext are used to enable it to use the dmddevice.ini config file. That is all shown on the examples I posted on the DMDExt page.

wryker

Pinball Nudger
Color me stupid but I'm not getting it. I've d/l and installed (it was already installed). I double-click DMDext.exe and a brief black window pops up and disappears. Am I to copy/paste that code into the DMDDevice.ini file?

TerryRed

Pinball Master
DMDext is an app that needs to be launched with command line parameters before running FP and a table. This is normally done from a front end (Popper, Pinball X Pinball Y etc). The examples given on that DMDext page are used in Pinup Popper front-end.

If you don't understand how front-ends work, or how command line apps or parameters work... that is way beyond the scope of this guide... as you need to learn some Windows basics, how BAT scripting works, and how front end apps work,etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!