Support File BAM Future Pinball and BAM Info Guide by TerryRed

Read the Mega Guide. DMDext.exe 1.9 is what you need. I link to the topics for that on the forums as well. Only DMD based tables can do it (without modding the table)
I will look into that next. First - go see how all those tables I just d/l and added look. I d/l all 5-6 of your PinEvent ones along w/the PRO ones in the Mega link.

Read the Mega Guide. DMDext.exe 1.9 is what you need. I link to the topics for that on the forums as well. Only DMD based tables can do it (without modding the table
How come some tables (ACDC, LOTR, eg) the ball moves 'slow' on the table while others (Jurassic Park) ZOOM around the table (too fast)?
And where would I put those BMP files to make the ball silver vs the 'beach ball' color?
You need to confirm what AXIS the alp uses for accelerometer on OTG today. It may have changed.

Otherwise... you need to use the ALP nudge buttons. These MUST be assigned using "keys" (joy to key setting the nudge buttons to a "key"), as FP only allows keys or DPAD for digital nudging.
Is there a setting for the flippers (like there is in VPX) to increase the responsiveness? I did notice a very slight lag in them.

Lag on the ALP is unavoidable. You can disable VSYNC to help, but this may make some tables run poorly or wrong.

Read the section in the Mega Guide about Physics.

Read the section about changing the ball texture.

Lag on the ALP is unavoidable. You can disable VSYNC to help, but this may make some tables run poorly or wrong.

Read the section in the Mega Guide about Physics.

Read the section about changing the ball texture.
How do I replace the ball w/the BMP 'silver' one?

If you have a zip of a ball texture... then you can rename it to default.zip and copy to the BAM folder.

This will change it for all tables except those with custom ball textures. You may need to press N or P to cycle back to the default ball while playing if you changed the texture before with N or P.

If you only want a specific table to change to that texture, then rename the zip to the name of the table file and copy it yo Tables folder.

It's not a zip folder. In the table there's a folder (not zipped) labeled BMP. There's an image of a silver ball in it and, what looks like scratches on a wall?
And no one from FB has responded to my question other than someone also looking for an answer.
I've read through the Mega Guide about the Physics and visited your site: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/how-to-add-new-bam-dynamic-physics-to-a-future-pinball-table.20002/ (BAM - How to add new BAM dynamic physics to a Future Pinball table)
I will try this at a later date.
After reading the DMDExt pages I don't understand this "enable advanced DMDExt options menu (right-click on the DMD window) by using dmddevice.ini" - does that mean to start a table and right-click on the current DMD for that table?

I can't comment on every table... but SLAM has "some" tables include a zip file for the ball texture.

If you only have the BMP folder.... then try zipping it and naming it like I mentioned above.

For DMDext... you need to have it properly running and displayed (its a separate app / window) when launching a FP table. Once you have it displaying correctly... then you can right-click on it to access more menu options.... but the advanced options won't show up unless you use the correct launch parameters of DMDext are used to enable it to use the dmddevice.ini config file. That is all shown on the examples I posted on the DMDExt page.

Color me stupid but I'm not getting it. I've d/l and installed (it was already installed). I double-click DMDext.exe and a brief black window pops up and disappears. Am I to copy/paste that code into the DMDDevice.ini file?

DMDext is an app that needs to be launched with command line parameters before running FP and a table. This is normally done from a front end (Popper, Pinball X Pinball Y etc). The examples given on that DMDext page are used in Pinup Popper front-end.

If you don't understand how front-ends work, or how command line apps or parameters work... that is way beyond the scope of this guide... as you need to learn some Windows basics, how BAT scripting works, and how front end apps work,etc.

I know enough to be dangerous and, at this point, I believe the benefits won't outgain potential issues I could cause.
Dang it...

Hello

I have installed Future Pinball with PinEvent according to your instructions.
So far it works with the PinEvent tables

can I also play the normal Future Pinball tables with your installation instructions?

or can I play either PinEvent or normal Future Pinball tables?

thanks for info

Hello

I have installed Future Pinball with PinEvent according to your instructions.
So far it works with the PinEvent tables

can I also play the normal Future Pinball tables with your installation instructions?

or can I play either PinEvent or normal Future Pinball tables?

thanks for info

You can play all FP tables.

The only different thing for PinEvent is for cabinet / multiscreen users needing to disable the FP Backglass and Arcade mode in video settings for those tables. For normal FP tables cabinet users need to re-enable those settings.

Hello Terry ...thanks for answer

1) somehow the update of BAM does not work.
I downloaded the latest update and then copied everything except the red arrows in my BAM folder. But when I start a table with the new update, then my tables are totally shifted (position adjusted).

If I copy my BAM backup back, everything is OK again.

What do I do so that despite update my settings are not changed

thanks for help

2) P.S. my StarWar with PinEvent is the only table where the game ball jerks.... at other Future Pinball tables and also under VPX 10 I have no performance drops...can I switch off something at the StarWars table, which makes the game ball run smoother ? (eg shadow or other ?)

Attachments

• bam.jpg
    bam.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
1) Its possible, at times where you may need to use the new default cfg from the latest BAM. Backup BAM folder... then update to use all files... then try running a table with one of my table CFG files and see if that looks correct (like the PinEvent ones). If it does, and everything else seems ok... then if you need to you can try loading up the BAM menu while playing one of those tables, and then you can choose "Save to Default" to copy those table settings to your default CFG.

2) Star Wars has a lot more detailed models and animation and lighting than a typical table (and VPX has no dynamic lighting, animated models,etc so its less demanding). Also, be sure you don't have PUPStream enabled in PinEvent settings.

Read the Mega Guide. DMDext.exe 1.9 is what you need. I link to the topics for that on the forums as well. Only DMD based tables can do it (without modding the table)
How do I know which tables are DMD based? Is LOTR one? I have dmdext.exe installed and I clicked to run it - then opened LOTR, right clicked on the DMD on my BG and nothing popped up.
I've seen it work on other (non-FP) tables. I'd love to get/move it to my 3rd monitor (and then have to figure out how to remove the grill from the BG).
One a side note - the audio makes me wish there was a puppack for it since I hear dialogue and action (same for the Jurassic Park FP table).

TerryRed is El Salvador !!!!
Tankx my Lord.

hello ppl,
I was hoping I can get some help with Freezydmd. I am doing this with the baller installed. Freezydmd works fine in VPX. i followed Terry instruction but I am unable to move the DMD from a FP table to the 3 monitor. it just stays on monitor 2. Can't even select it. It used to work on the on FutureDMD.

the launch script has the following

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

c:
cd "C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME" start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=futurepinball -q --virtual-stay-on-top --fps 60 -g "[GAMENAME]" --use-ini="C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\DmdDevice.ini"

if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
if "[custom1]"=="PinEvent" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Launch Future Pinball

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 5 60 "BSP Software*"
START "" "[DIREMU]\BAM\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

the close script has this

"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Future Pinball" 2 1
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
rem 14-01-21

taskkill /f /im "dmdext.exe"

all fixed. I saw the new version of the launch script and close script . I placed that in and BANG it is up and running

Welcome to the ALL NEW and updated...

Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide

by TerryRed

Version 2.0, April 16, 2021

April 16, 2021: Big Update (the guide is now in PDF format!)

- I have decided to do away with posting the guide "content" directly on the forum (it was just getting so BIG!)
- instead I have created an all new version that is now formatted in PDF / DOCX files
- both the Guide PDF and all the FP and BAM Settings files I use with the guide are now included in one zip file!
- the guide has been completely updated to include new links for all the resources you need
- added links to my other new FP related guides
- lots of new info added
- I now include over 100 BAM Table CFG files that have a perfect POV for cabinet users (for the most commonly popular FP tables)

****** The new Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide zip is attached to the bottom of this post! ******

=========================================================================

pEHzRdo.png

Future Pinball is a free Pinball Editor created by Christopher Leathley.

It has a lot of amazing tables to offer and enjoy for desktop, cabinet or VR users.

I wouldn’t want you to miss out, so I made this to help you to setup Future Pinball and BAM the right way the first time.

I hope it’s helpful and you enjoy Future Pinball and all it has to offer like I do.

For an EPIC demo that shows off what Future Pinball and BAM are capable of... watch this video (Tron fans will be happy)

Cabinet, Desktop and VR

While this guide was made initially for cabinet owners…it covers all you need for desktop and VR users as well

I recommend always using the Mega-Guide in order, as it is more “up to date” with important details and changes not covered in my videos.
  • the Mega Guide covers the initial setup and use for FP and BAM. This is needed for whatever you want to use. (Desktop, Cabinet or VR)
  • other sections are optional features such as Pinup Player, PinEvent, DOFLinx, DOF or front-ends
  • there may seem like a lot of info… but when you cover Desktop, Cabinet, VR, etc… well, there’s lots of info!
  • you can’t just jump into VR or PinEvent or PuP etc without getting FP and BAM running normally first
  • start simple… get FP and BAM and your favorite tables working first… then move on to the more advanced stuff
  • it’s important to use the specific FP settings I show you!
  • This will ensure maximum compatibility with all tables and the best visuals they may offer
  • I have included links for Future Pinball tables at most of the main FP table sites. If I’m missing any, please let me know!
  • Future Pinball and BAM are easier to setup with this guide and use compared to learning everything you need to know with Visual Pinball as a noob
  • I have included a FAQ as well at the bottom of the Mega Guide

NOTE: I update this guide when new updates or info are relevant. Check back regularly for new updates and essential info.

Future Pinball and BAM Installed: Simple… FAST… then PLAY
  • I made two new UP TO DATE video guides
  • one is made only for single screen Desktop users
  • the other is made only for multi screen CABINET users
  • I wanted to do this to show how EASY it is to get setup quickly and be able to play these awesome “new” Future Pinball tables!
  • I use my FP and BAM Mega Guide as the only source, just like you guys would, to completely install FP and BAM and be ready to go in minutes!

The first 15-25 minutes for each video is:
  • the entire install and setup (which is actually much quicker if I didn’t explain anything)
  • you don’t need to worry about BAM setup as my install files will get you properly setup with BAM and other settings
  • downloading and installing tables
  • it’s really easy guys!

The rest of each video is:
  • explaining the many cool BAM features you can play around with on all tables
  • explaining BAM cfg files
  • how to disable bam settings in table script (if used)
  • show examples for controls, Special 1 for Action/Fire
  • xml files for old tables using LOTR as an example
  • gameplay demos of the latest Star Wars DSA U-Pro, Iron Man U-Pro, and Indiana Jones U-Pro

Everything is bookmarked in the Youtube video description for quick and easy access!

I'm finally able to configure my pinball in a nice way, I still have many doubts... such as: The tables don't open on the whole screen, as it opens in FP and I can't leave the table fixed (it is floating).
There is still the issue that I use an arduino to control the buttons and not a keyboard and maybe for this reason some tables have buggy controls or sometimes they don't even obey the command.
But I just have to thank the Mega-Tutorial.

********** NEW IMPORTANT UPDATED INFO (not yet in the guide) **********

- some users have reported needing to set FPLoader.exe to Win 8 Compatibility settings to prevent FP/BAM from crashing
- everyone needs to run FPLoader.exe at least once as Administrator, but some may need to set this permanently
- some users may need to remove / disable the "Nahimic driver" and all processes it runs as it causes FP/BAM (and other apps) to crash. This driver is related to audio enhancements, and may be automatically installed on your system (by Windows) depending on your motherboard (tends to be more common with HP/Dell type PCs).

Last edited:
About the Nahimic I have a pc (custom made) that actually has that so, it mostly depends on motherboard and the chipset it has. If I had to bet , anything from last 2 years towards the gaming side is probably eligible to install this driver.

I conversed with the guy that had the problem with the Nahimic Service. He said he was apprehensive about performing a complete uninstall so he fixed it for now by opening Windows Services, and selecting the Nahimic Service to start Manually instead of Automatic.

New update to V3.0, April 2022

- new TABLE OF CONTENTS
- added new info about setting Windows 8 Compatibility to FPLoader.exe
- mentioned about the Nahimic driver issue in FAQ (crashing issues)
- added new updated info for PinEvent V2
- removed outdated info no longer used
- added updated BAM features (like ray casting) and BAM menu pics
- updated whole guide to tidy and freshen things up
- added new updated BAM Settings files for both Cabinet and Desktop
- new BAM settings files has new preset BAM Static camera views for Desktop
- updated FAQ

New V3.0 of the Guide is on the first post of this topic.

Last edited:
HI. Very new to Pinball sims and very light on working with Digital Pinball / cabinets, so go easy on my question(s). I am working through Terry's guide with the goal of playing Future Pinball through my atGames Legends Pinball (in OTG mode) that is also new to me. First huge question, and this has tripped me up on a few attempts prior to discovering this guide....
I am installing on a gaming laptop that hopefully is good enough. When I do the install do I need to have FIRST connected to the ALP and configured the screens because that makes doing anything really difficult to follow with the laptop screen, playfield, backglass all over the place. Can I do the entire setup process using just the laptop or does it need to see screens/setup to update registry keys, etc. I am NOT a programmer, etc. so go easy on me. I have been working at this for a couple of WEEKS now with 0 success so was trying to scale back and get ONE working (tried pinball emporium but too much). End goal is to play my favorite Williams Cyclone (1988) table on my ALP. Thank you in advance.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back