BAM FP BAM OpenVR Guide (by TerryRed)

Future Pinball
Even if you don't have to move your head too much in pinball, there's a lot of stutter below 60FPS. Even at 60FPS you can notice it's not a very fluid movement of the ball. Pinball was what made me let go above 60Hz monitors.

Anything below 60FPS or whatever your VR headset refresh rate is in my VR experience, at ANY TIME, means stutter. With or without reprojection (or whatever oculus call it) you should find graphic settings that keep that frame rate above the headset refresh rate, at all times.

Most of your video is showing 26fps which is unplayable and will make you feel sick after a few seconds with the ball jumping around and blurry. 56fps with ssw enabled will be better. I will try enabling ssw and see what happens.
Ya that video is old , I must have it set with SSW enabled , as I have no issues with ball jumping and it is completely playable . Perhaps some minor blurriness. I am pretty acclimatized to VR and don't tend to get dizzy unless it is a VR Roller Coaster. There is zero stutter...What I mean is that the table and room do not jutter like they did prior to the bug fix. The ball rolling perhaps can be very slightly blurry at times...but I am totally used to it.

But just to clarify , are you using Virtual desktop ?

On a side note for Quest 2 Golf plus now has Pinehurst 2 and is releasing Pebble Beach in Dec .
The other cool thing I have dabbled in is I uploaded the Doom3 mod onto my headset and it is very cool in VR and was < 10 bucks from Steam.
I remember playing this years ago but it so much more immersive in VR.

So.... after a long while I decided to give VR a bit of testing with all the updated PinEvent V2, FizX tables.

My experience is as follows:

For Quest 2 users: using Virtual Desktop Wireless is the ONLY method I will recommend now. Link is just NOT working "correctly" to give a "smooth / proper" VR experience. (with or without OC).

We need some clarification on what is considered "good" and "proper" and "smooth" VR with FP.

With the "correct" setup (using VD wireless)... simply put... if your PC can't run a specific table "at or above" the "minimum" fps to match the Hz you are running in "without" using any kind of SSW (screen space warp)... then you are NOT running a "good / smooth" VR experience.

When running the performance overlay, If you are running a table in Virtual Desktop Wireless with SSW disabled (this mean raw fps), and you are not at 60 fps for 60Hz, 80 fps for 80Hz, etc.... then you are NOT running at a proper / smooth VR experience.

It doesn't matter if your head movement and the table movement is smooth. This means that the ball movement (and other moving items) are NOT running at the minimum fps you need to match the Hz you are running in! A blurry ball is NOT a proper / smooth VR experience (that anyone trying anything else in VR expects).

SSW does NOT work well / correctly with FP! It is NOT giving you a smooth fps boost in VR with FP. The higher fps shown in Performance Overlay with SSW on is BS.

When people are trying FP in VR... its important that they know what they are in for. For Quest users... VD wireless is the only solution that (currently) does things right. When you see how FP "should" look in VR with "proper / smooth" head AND ball movement.... its a night and day difference, and looks amazing. Players with other (non Oculus) headsets probably don't have the same issues.

If your PC isn't fast enough to keep the FPS high enough (without SSW), then the table is not running 100% correctly in VR.

With my current system (i5 9600K, RTX 3080) this is what I'm finding:

VD Wireless:

- Performance Overlay ON (to show fps)
- SSW OFF
- 60 Hz or 80Hz
- HIGH or ULTRA settings

FP

- VSYNC OFF
- playfield reflections OFF
- windowed with a low resolution (fullscreen "may" cause a limitation with it forcing VSYNC on)
- PinEvent PUP Stream and PuP-Pack is OFF

Results (on the VD Wireless Performance Overlay at 60Hz)

Star Wars DSA GE = 50 to 55 fps
Sonic Pinball Mania = 65 to 70 fps
Jaws BBE = 65 to 75 fps
All other PinEvent V2 tables = 65 to 95 fps

So the result, (when running in 60Hz) were ALL tables ran "properly" and smooth in VR (head movement, ball, etc)..... except for Star Wars DSA GE, as it fell below 60 fps. It was "close".. but not enough to keep the ball / ships, etc moving "perfect / smooth". If there is "any" blur... its not smooth. Period.

Anyone with a Quest 2 (and a 5 GHz router with a good connection) should buy VD wireless. Its a great app, and is MUCH better for playing PC VR games wireless than Air Link and is better than Link in my opinion.

For Quest 2 users, don't even bother with Link on FP. It just does not work "right". VD Wireless is the only solution that makes FP smooth in VR the way everyone expects (compared to all other VR apps).... as long as your PC is fast enough!

Last edited:
I don't know VD And I don't have a quest but my experience is use overlays only to check stuff and then disable them. In the past I had problems with overlays.
Been a while since I used VR and thing evolved quite a bit by now.... I hope :)
Still, who wants a bunch of stuff not related to a game being displayed anyway :)

I don't know VD And I don't have a quest but my experience is use overlays only to check stuff and then disable them. In the past I had problems with overlays.
Still, who wants a bunch of stuff not related to a game being displayed anyway :)
Agree
If you like the way it plays then you’re good to go

This overlay is built in as part of VD using the renderer layer. Oculus has its own as well. They aren't like older Overlclocking apps with their overlays, that would force themselves into a fullscreen window and could cause some issues with fps or the app being in focus, etc.

I think the reason why VD wireless seems to work the best with FP.... is that it is somehow properly able to completely disable Oculus SSW if your system is fast enough... whereas with other methods, there is either a sync issue, or SSW gets enabled no matter what, which results in the ball movement not being a proper 60 fps or greater, and not being smooth and in sync with the rest of the game's movement.

I also did some testing of VPVR (VPX in VR) with VD wireless for the first time.... and it runs MUCH better using VD than it did years ago, and looks much better too. Many people still try to use Open Composite with VPVR, but VD simply worked perfect for me (like it did with FP) with no hassle and with everything maxed out nicely. Keeping in mind, that even with the newest VP updates to lighting and the newest tables (which do look really nice)... there still isn't any kind of real 3D lighting that affects everything on the whole table in full 3D space / rendered per pixel, etc (and it still shows much more in VR). This is less demanding compared to FP's lighting / shading / shadows, etc.... but in the end its still amazing looking pinball in VR.

Anyone try using this with a Quest 2? Curious if it works better / worse with FP VR.

Anyone try using this with a Quest 2? Curious if it works better / worse with FP VR.

I will try when i'll received mine But i find something really instresting!

I know is it in French, but here a really interesting test, on which it's explain why wifi work better link! Occulus app have really a crap link optimisation!

And here a good and fresh tutorial for OpenXR toolkit working with OpenCompiste:

I made some other research... The quest2 SoC have a maximum of 150mbps of bandwith without struggling... Over that, for sure you will have better quality, but you will have more lag and drop frame.. wich is not good for pinball.
It seems that a setting at 120/130 mbps is the best setting, it let aprox. 20/10mbps margin if needed.

Also, it appear it same just with a good Wifi dungle dedicated to Quest 2... Even if Wifi Direct is limited to 250mbps on W10, it's far enough.

So yes. VD should be the best solution, and it should not have a difference between link and air.

I just receive my Q2, i need find the time to test all of this now.

Hi everyone,

I have been able to get the Pup packs for all the Future Pinball tables in desktop mode (i.e. Retrocade, F-14 Tomcat, Star Wars Galactic, etc.) working very well using my desktop computer with a dummy monitor. The problem I have is when using my Oculus Quest 2 and Virtual Desktop to play these tables using the BAM Open-VR which I've updated to the latest and I have also properly updated the settings in PinEvent_Settings.vbs and PinEvent_V2_Settings per Terry's guide. And for each of the Pup Packs for these tables, I have selected the proper setup (Desktop and VR). The thing I can't figure out is the table will load in VR and it appears I can see the DMD and mini HUD but it has a mini picture in it of the backglass that appears to have been loaded. I ran the table in debugger mode and below is what is in the file. The question I have is why is it selecting "PinEvent: Cabinet settings applied" rather than VR and I believe this is the problem but I've have tried different things like clearing out the table .cfg files but to no avail. I believe one time, the actual PUP video came up in VR similar to the desktop mode but then after closing down the Steam VR and the Future Pinball app and table and then trying to reload it, the PUP video doesn't come up anymore and the DMD and mini HUD screens show a mini picture of the backglass. Below, I have attached the debugger mode file as well as the PinEvent_2_Settings.txt and PinEvent_Settings.vbs file. If someone can help or has any ideas I can try, I would greatly appreciate it as I've spent countless hours and days trying to figure this out. I have a fairly fast system (Nvidia 3090 video card and Intel i7 chip and I'm using Windows 11 with 32g Ram).

AM Version: 360
FizX v2.00
FizX Profile 1 : Default Flippers : FPS = 512
PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt file found
PinEvent V2 Global Settings applied
Verifying PuP-Pack in: FP_PE_RETROFLAIR_BE
Start Pup-Pack: RetroFlair BAM Edition - 1.6 - PinEvent V2, FizX
Option 5 - 1 Screen - PUP Stream - Desktop or VR is being used
Ball Rolling Sound enabled: True
PinEvent: Cabinet settings applied
PUP SSF enabled: False
FP Mech Sounds enabled: True
PUP DMD enabled: True
PUP Stream enabled: True
DOF enabled: False
Night Mode Key enabled: False
Tilt Bob Key enabled: False
resetrighttimer
playsound: mech_Flipper_Left_Down_2
playsound vol: 1
playsound: mech_Flipper_Right_Down_4
playsound vol: 1
BAM_Settings_Delay_Timer
PuP Plugin: PUP Stream has started
pdmd_sequence timer
PS-BG disabled, or PUPSCREEN2 not detected
PS-Apron Right disabled, or PUPSCREEN5 not detected
PS-HUD Right disabled, or PUPSCREEN5 not detected
PuP Stream FullDMD: PUPSCREEN5
PuP Stream Apron Left: PUPSCREEN5
PuP Stream PF Screen: PUPSCREEN5

'///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
'///////////////////////////////// PINEVENT V2 SETTINGS ////////////////////////////////

' By TerryRed
PinEvent_Settings_Version = "2.1.0"
' April - 2022

' Note: PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt needs to be in your "Future Pinball\Scripts" folder!

' The PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt file is where the "default / global" PinEvent settings are set for ALL tables.

' For more information, consult the PinEvent V2 Guide.

'############### DOF, PUP DMD, PUP SFF - Settings ###############

' Change each setting to true for the features you want to use, and for each mode you play in.

'****** Desktop Settings ******

if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0 then
DOF_enabled = false
PUP_DMD_enabled = true
PUP_SSF_enabled = true
End if

'****** Cabinet Settings ******

if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 1 then
DOF_enabled = false
PUP_DMD_enabled = true
PUP_SSF_enabled = false
End if

'****** VR Settings ******

if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 2 then
DOF_enabled = false
PUP_DMD_enabled = true
PUP_SSF_enabled = true
End if

'############### PUP Stream - Settings ###############

' DO NOT enable PUP Stream until you have read how to use it in the PinEvent V2 Guide!

' - PUP Stream uses the BAM PuP plug-in to stream PuP windows into FP as a texture so you can see PUP "in" the FP table.
' - cabinet users MUST have the Future Pinball Backglass and Arcade mode disabled in FP Video settings when using this feature!
' - This feature may not work for everyone!
' - In some cases it could cause a crash if trying to stream from a window displayed on a secondary GPU
' - If PinEvent tables start to crash, try disabling PUP Stream to see if that is the problem

PUP_Stream_enabled = true

' These are the options available (not all tables will support each option)

PUP_Stream_Backglass_enabled = true ' PuP Backglass
PUP_Stream_FullDMD_enabled = true ' PuP FullDMD displayed on the FP backbox
PUP_Stream_ApronLeft_enabled = true ' left apron card
PUP_Stream_ApronRight_enabled = false ' right apron card
PUP_Stream_PF_Screen_enabled = true ' playfield mini screen
PUP_Stream_HUDLeft_enabled = true ' Desktop mode only, HUD on the top left
PUP_Stream_HUDRight_enabled = false ' Desktop mode only, HUD on the top right

PUP_Stream_Delay_Start = 6000 ' time in ms to delay PUP Stream on startup. You may need more time depending on the speed of your system

'############### PUP Stream - Default Windows ###############

' - set the names of the window that will be used for the PUP Stream options
' - FullDMD (PUPSCREEN5) is what is normally used

PUP_Stream_Backglass = "PUPSCREEN2"
PUP_Stream_FullDMD = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_ApronLeft = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_ApronRight = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_PF_Screen = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_HUDLeft = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_HUDRight = "PUPSCREEN5"

'############### NIGHT MODE ###############

' When Night Mode is toggled, the DOF noise makers (solenoids, etc) are disabled.

' - Set what key you will use to toggle Night mode
' - Consult the Future Pinball manual to know what the keycodes are. Example: 36 = J key
' - Night Mode Options are: 1 = Future Pinball Sound 2 = PUP SSF Sound

NightMode_Key_enabled = false
NightMode_Key = 36
NightMode_Option = 2

'############### ANALOGUE NUDGE - TILT BOB ###############

' Set what key you will use for a Tilt Bob key (for cabinet players using a real Tilt Bob)

' - Consult the Future Pinball manual to know what the keycodes are. Example: 20 = T key
' - be sure you use a key that is not currently in use by Future Pinball!
' - Tilt Bob Debounce determines how much time needs to pass between registering tilt contacts

TiltBob_Key_enabled = false
TiltBob_Key = 20
TiltBob_Debounce_Time = 2000

'############### DOF Settings ###############

' Set what will be used for DOF (Direct Output Framework) mechanical feedback for pinball cabinets.

Flipper_DOF_enabled = true
Slingshot_DOF_enabled = true
Bumper_DOF_enabled = true
Solenoid_DOF_enabled = true
DropTarget_DOF_enabled = true
DropTargetReset_DOF_enabled = true
Target_DOF_enabled = true
Knocker_DOF_enabled = true
Chime_DOF_enabled = true
Bell_DOF_enabled = true
Shaker_DOF_enabled = true
Gear_DOF_enabled = true
Fan_DOF_enabled = true

'############### SSF Settings ###############

' Set what will be used for PUP SSF (surround sound feedback)

' - normally you can leave these all enabled, unless you have specific sounds you don't want to be used with SSF

Flipper_SSF_enabled = true
Slingshot_SSF_enabled = true
Bumper_SSF_enabled = true
Solenoid_SSF_enabled = true
DropTarget_SSF_enabled = true
DropTargetReset_SSF_enabled = true
Target_SSF_enabled = true
Knocker_SSF_enabled = true
Chime_SSF_enabled = true
Bell_SSF_enabled = true
Shaker_SSF_enabled = true
Gear_SSF_enabled = true
Fan_SSF_enabled = true

'///////////////////////////////// END OF PINEVENT V2 SETTINGS ////////////////////////////////
'//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AddDebugText "PinEvent_Settings.vbs 1.4 loaded"

'/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
'/////////////////////////////// PinEvent SETTINGS ///////////////////////////////

' By TerryRed
' Version: 1.4
' June - 2020

' The PinEvent_Settings.vbs file is where the user's default PinEvent settings are set for DOF, PUP, PUP_SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream and Nightmode.

' You need to change the settings in these sections, based on your setup.

' PinEvent PROFILES
' PUPDMD Default Settings
' PUP Stream Default Settings
' PUP Stream Default Windows
' DOF Settings
' SSF Settings
' NIGHT MODE

' ############### PinEvent PROFILES ###############

' Set what features you use to true and what you don't use to false in EVERY profile you would use

' FP Sounds and PUP SSF:

' - you MUST set "useFP_Sounds = False" (no FP mechanical sounds) if you need "usePUP_SSF = True" (use PUP SSF for mechanical sounds)
' - you don't want to have useFP_Sounds and PUP_SSF to both play the mechanical sounds at the same time!

' PUPStream:

' - DO NOT set usePUP_Stream = true at first or if you don't need / want it
' - some hardware configurations don't work with PUPStream, and may cause a crash
' - if all PinEvent tables are working perfectly... then you can try to see if it works with no issues

' Night Mode Options are: 1 = Future Pinball Sound 2 = PUP SSF Sound

'*** Desktop: Profile 1 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 1 then
usePUP = true
usePUP_SSF = true
usePUPDMD = true
usePUP_Stream = true
useDOF = false
useFP_Sounds = false
NightModeOption = 1
End if

'*** Cabinet: Profile 2 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 2 then
usePUP = true
usePUP_SSF = true
usePUPDMD = true
usePUP_Stream = true
useDOF = false
useFP_Sounds = false
NightModeOption = 2
End if

'*** VR: Profile 3 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 3 then
usePUP = true
usePUP_SSF = true
usePUPDMD = true
usePUP_Stream = true
useDOF = false
useFP_Sounds = false
NightModeOption = 1
End if

'*** Custom 1: Profile 4 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 4 then
usePUP = true
usePUP_SSF = true
useDOF = true
usePUPDMD = true
usePUP_Stream = false
useFP_Sounds = false
NightModeOption = 1
End if

'*** Custom 2: Profile 5 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 5 then
usePUP = true
usePUP_SSF = true
usePUPDMD = true
useDOF = true
usePUP_Stream = false
useFP_Sounds = false
NightModeOption = 1
End if

'############### PUPDMD Default Settings ###############

' Set the PuPDMDDriverType based on the type of DMD display you will use.

PuPDMDDriverType = 2 ' 0 = LCD DMD (4:1), 1 = Real DMD, 2 = FULL DMD (16:9 fullsize screen)
useDMDVideos = true ' true or false to use DMD splash videos. (false may be preferred for real DMDs that are monochrome)
useRealDMDScale = 0 ' 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. (for Real DMDs only. If enabled, useDMDVideos should be set to False!)

' - LCD DMD is for a standard DMD size (4x1 ratio)
' - Real DMD is for those who use a real DMD.
' - Full DMD is a 16x9 ratio full size display (like a modern Stern cabinet)
' - cabinet users with a dedicated 3rd screen/DMD will set this to what they use in their cabinets
' - Desktop / VR / PUP Stream users should set this to FullDMD (that is what the tables will use for PUP Stream)
' - useRealDMDScale may not work nicely for all tables. It's best to keep this set to 0 by default.

'############### PUP Stream Default Settings ###############

' PUP Stream uses the BAM PuP plug-in to stream PuP windows into FP as a texture so you can see PuP or PUPDMD "in" the FP table.

' - these are the options available to display a PuP stream in a PinEvent FP table (that has support for these features)
' - all options are designed to stream a 16x9 ratio window (except for BackBox_AIO)

usePUP_Stream_FullDMD = true ' PuP FullDMD displayed on the FP backbox
usePUP_Stream_Backglass = true ' PuP Backglass displayed on the FP backbox
usePUP_Stream_ApronLeft = true ' left apron card
usePUP_Stream_ApronRight = true ' right apron card
usePUP_Stream_PF_Screen = true ' playfield mini screen
usePUP_Stream_HUDLeft = true ' Desktop mode only, HUD on the top left
usePUP_Stream_HUDRight = true ' Desktop mode only, HUD on the top right

usePUP_Stream_BackBox_AIO = false ' used only with PuP-Pack option "BackBox AIO". Don't enable the other PUP Stream options if using this (it causes a heavy drop in fps for all streams)

PUP_Stream_Delay_Start = 6000 ' time in ms to delay PUP Stream on startup. You may need more time depending on the speed of your system

'############### PUP Stream Default Windows ###############

' Set the names of the windows that will be used for the PUP Stream options

' - streaming multiple "different" windows that are displayed on the same monitor / tv can cause heavy drops in fps for ALL streams!
' - one window displayed per monitor / tv will have much better performance and almost no drop in fps (ex: 2 different windows on 2 different monitors)
' - you can use the "same" window multiple times on the different options below with almost no additional drop in fps
' - the default is to use PuP Backglass (PUPSCREEN2) and PUP FullDMD (PUPSCREEN5) windows, but you can specify any window you want to display

PUP_Stream_FullDMD = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_Backglass = "PUPSCREEN2"
PUP_Stream_ApronLeft = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_ApronRight = "PUPSCREEN2"
PUP_Stream_PF_Screen = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_HUDLeft = "PUPSCREEN5"
PUP_Stream_HUDRight = "PUPSCREEN2"

PUP_Stream_BackBox_AIO = "PUPOVERLAY6" ' DO NOT CHANGE!

'############### DOF Settings ###############

' Set what will be used for DOF (Direct Output Framework) mechanical feedback for pinball cabinets.

' - normally you can leave these all enabled, unless you have specific devcies you don't want to be used with DOF

useFlipper_DOF = true
useSlingshot_DOF = true
useBumper_DOF = true
useSolenoid_DOF = true
useDropTarget_DOF = true
useDropTargetReset_DOF = true
useTarget_DOF = true
useKnocker_DOF = true
useChime_DOF = true
useBell_DOF = true
useShaker_DOF = true
useGear_DOF = true
useFan_DOF = true

'############### SSF Settings ###############

' Set what will be used for PUP SSF (surround sound feedback)

' - normally you can leave these all enabled, unless you have specific sounds you don't want to be used with SSF

useFlipper_SSF = true
useSlingshot_SSF = true
useBumper_SSF = true
useSolenoid_SSF = true
useDropTarget_SSF = true
useDropTargetReset_SSF = true
useTarget_SSF = true
useKnocker_SSF = true
useChime_SSF = true
useBell_SSF = true
useShaker_SSF = true
useGear_SSF = true
useFan_SSF = true

'############### NIGHT MODE ###############

' When Night Mode is enabled, the DOF noise makers (solenoids, etc) are disabled to keep your sleeping spouse happy at night!

' - set what key you will use to toggle Night mode. Consult the Future Pinball manual to know what the keycodes are. Example: 36 = J key

NightModeKey = 36

'///////////////////////////////// END OF PINEVENT SETTINGS ////////////////////////////////
'///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If PinEvent_Profile = 1 then AddDebugText "PinEvent - Desktop Profile"
If PinEvent_Profile = 2 then AddDebugText "PinEvent - Cabinet Profile"
If PinEvent_Profile = 3 then AddDebugText "PinEvent - VR Profile"
If PinEvent_Profile = 4 then AddDebugText "PinEvent - Custom 1 Profile"
If PinEvent_Profile = 5 then AddDebugText "PinEvent - Custom 2 Profile"
If PuPDMDDriverType = 0 then AddDebugText "PUPDMD Default = 0 LCD DMD"
If PuPDMDDriverType = 1 then AddDebugText "PUPDMD Default = 1 REAL DMD"
If PuPDMDDriverType = 2 then AddDebugText "PUPDMD Default = 2 FULL DMD"

'############### READ BELOW FOR A DESCRIPTION OF EACH PINEVENT SETTING ###############

' usePUP

' - must be set to True to use any Pinup Player (PUP) features.

' usePUP_SSF

' - set to True to use Pinup Player Surround Sound Feedback for the game's mechanical sounds

' usePUPDMD

' - set to True to use Pinup Player for PUPDMD features (4:1 LCD DMD, Real DMD, or 16:9 LCD Full DMD)

' usePUP_Stream

' - set to true to use the BAM PuP plug-in to stream a Pinup Player (or any) window into FP as a texture so you can see PuP or PUPDMD "in" the FP table
' - DO NOT set usePUP_Stream = true at first or if you don't need / want it
' - some hardware configurations don't work with PUPStream, and may cause a crash
' - if all PinEvent tables are working perfectly... then you can try to see if it works with no issues

' useDOF

' - set to True if you have a pinball cabinet with DOF feedback and lighting.

' useFP_Sounds

' - set to True to use Future Pinball for the game's mechanical sounds (which only plays in stereo L/R channels)
' - set to True if you are playing on a normal desktop setup.

' You MUST set useFP_Sounds = False (no FP mechanical sounds) if usePUP_SSF = True (use PUP_SSF for mechanical sounds)
' (you can't have FP and PUP_SSF both play the mechanical sounds at the same time!)

' NightModeOption - this option sets what will play the pinball mechanical sounds when Night Mode is enabled.
' - you need to set this for each PinEvent_Profile

' Night Mode Options are:

' 1 = Future Pinball sound
' 2 = PUP SSF sound

' ####################################################################################

' How PinEvent Works

' - the table will load the PinEvent_Variables.vbs and then PinEvent_Settings.vbs file to load your default settings as well as your Profile. This is based on what PinEvent Profile is set in the table script (0-5)
' - by default the table is set to Autodetect (0), and will choose a PinEvent Profile based on what mode Future Pinball is using (Desktop, Arcade/Cabinet, VR)
' - PinEvent will then load PinEvent_Control.vbs and check to see if DOF and PuP are installed.
' - if they are not installed, then the DOF and PuP features are disabled and their commands are bypassed (the table will operate like a normal Future Pinball table).
' - if PUPDMD is enabled, then PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs is loaded
' - if detected and enabled, a DOF session is started, and the PuP-Pack is started
' - the table will now play and trigger and control DOF / PUP / SSF / PUPDMD if enabled
' - shortly after the table starts (3-6 secs), any PUP Stream options enabled and working will appear on the table

' Custom Settings on a Per-Table Basis

' - the PinEvent table's script has a "PinEvent Custom Settings for this table only" section.
' - this can be used to override the PinEvent settings in the PinEvent_Settings.vbs file.
' - this is only if needed for custom settings on a per table basis.
' - an example would be if the table doesn't offer your preferred PUPDMD feature, or you need to use a different PUPDMD setting for a specific table.

' Pinup Player features and PuP-Packs

' - you need to make sure you run the "Option" BAT file that matches your setup in each PinEvent pup-pack folder!
' - this will change the pup-pack settings so they work correctly for your layout and also the correct pupdmddriver type
' - you only need to edit the table's PuP-Pack with the PuP-Pack Editor to enable a topper (if the pup-pack supports a topper)

' DOF (Direct Output Framework)

' - if you are using DOF in a cabinet for feedback and lighting, you will need to update your DOF config files from the DOF Config Tool website (to retrieve the PinEvent table's updated DOF config)

I've had that happen before as well (reporting cabinet mode instead of vr mode), but not sure what caused it. That does a check for what mode BAM is reporting, and then it tells you based on that.

That said... that shouldn't stop pupstream from working as long as you have pupdmd enabled for cabinet and vr mode.

Be sure your Text scaling is set to 100 for all monitors in Windows Display settings, and reboot. Be sure you dont have the FP Backbox or Arcade mode enabled in FP video settings.

I've had that happen before as well (reporting cabinet mode instead of vr mode), but not sure what caused it. That does a check for what mode BAM is reporting, and then it tells you based on that.

That said... that shouldn't stop pupstream from working as long as you have pupdmd enabled for cabinet and vr mode.

Be sure your Text scaling is set to 100 for all monitors in Windows Display settings, and reboot. Be sure you dont have the FP Backbox or Arcade mode enabled in FP video settings.
First off, I hope you are doing well and you are in good health. Secondly, thank you for your quick response. Below is what my Window Display settings (I have a 4K monitor and also a dummy monitor plug (#2) and they are all set to 3840x2160 with text set to 100% and in landscape mode) are as well as the FP Video settings while using BAM-Open VR (The only thing different then your directions above is that I do have the backbox enabled for the second dummy monitor. If if disable this, how would FP know where to run my Pupdmd as the settings in the "pinupplayer.ini" file where I set the settings for Apron/FullDMD and Game Select settings which I have in Display #2 which is my Dummy plug monitor? See my settings in screenshots below. Also, should the defaul State for these two screens be "Show Always (On)" and the others should be Off? . I will try again and let you know but I think I may have tried this before also by unchecking "BackBox" in FP Video settings and it gives me the white screens. Again, thank you so much for your help and guidance.

1682680342984.png
1682680535688.png

1682680559908.png

1682680871463.png

1682680901573.png

Attachments

• 1682680847628.png
    1682680847628.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
I need to see what you are seeing in FP itself.

You keep you dummy monitor enabled. You need to disable both the Backbox and Arcade Mode in FP Video settings when running in desktop or vr mode (that's why its reporting as cabinet mode). Then close FP, and reboot.

Also, you MUST completely close FP everytime you exit FP for any reason, before reloading the same table or loading a new table. If you get white boxes, completely close FP and try again.

Hi Terry. Thanks for the info as I disabled both the Backbox and Arcade Mode in FP Video settings, I also changed both my Apron/FullDMD and StartGame Pup screens to (1920x1080 vs the 4K resolution I had it set to before, but not sure if this would matter) and then ran the FPLoader in BAM-OpenVR using VD and it worked with some tinkering. At first, it would boot up into SteamVR (I would see the SteamVR room) but not see the table, jus the sounds from the PuPstream. I then had to go back to VD and switch to Desktop which showed a black screen, then I clicked into it and then eventually saw the table on the desktop screen. I then switched back to VR and I can then see the table with the Pup packs working like in Desktop mode. Is this normal to do or was this just a workaround? Anyway, I'm just glad that I finally was able to get this to work but let me know if maybe I was suppose to wait a little longer in SteamVR and it would eventually pop-up but let me know. Again, thank you so much for getting a newbie up and running in VR. Also, I was thinking of upgrading all the drivers for Visual Pinball and PinEvent to 64 bit drivers and my question is, would this still work with the Future Pinball tables? I'm thinking yes but let me know your thoughts before I go down this road as I do want to try some of the VPX tables as well. Thanks

I haven't taken the 64 bit plunge yet for VPX... but Nailbuster is working on a Baller Installer 64 bit update.... so at the very least, wait for that.

FP-BAM is 32 bit, so it needs to work correctly with everything as it is.... so the 64 bit update makes things... messy, if you don't know what you are doing.

As for FP in VR... the issue is most likely that FP in VR is being taken out of focus once Steam VR kicks in... so sometimes you need to "click" into the FP window with your mouse (to bring FP into focus) if nothing appears for a while after the table is completely loaded. If FP isn't in focus, then you won't see the table appear in VR.

I haven't taken the 64 bit plunge yet for VPX... but Nailbuster is working on a Baller Installer 64 bit update.... so at the very least, wait for that.

FP-BAM is 32 bit, so it needs to work correctly with everything as it is.... so the 64 bit update makes things... messy, if you don't know what you are doing.

As for FP in VR... the issue is most likely that FP in VR is being taken out of focus once Steam VR kicks in... so sometimes you need to "click" into the FP window with your mouse (to bring FP into focus) if nothing appears for a while after the table is completely loaded. If FP isn't in focus, then you won't see the table appear in VR.
Thanks Terry. Yes I read about Nailbuster working on the 64 bit Baller Installer update so I can definitely wait. These Future pinball tables with Pup packs are awesome not only in the 2D view but it's taken to another level in VR, and we are blessed to have so many talented individuals in this field such as yourself to thank for that. Anyway, thanks for all your help, and as I try to read more and become more familiar with all of this Visual Pinball technology, I hope to help out others in the Pinball community with my own experiences and findings. Take care.

HI everyone,
Now that Nailbuster has released the 64 bit baller installer update, has anyone tried it yet with VR? Both FP and VP tables?

HI everyone,
Now that Nailbuster has released the 64 bit baller installer update, has anyone tried it yet with VR? Both FP and VP tables?

That has no effect on FP VR. BAM Open VR needs to be installed in its own separate folder, and you still need to patch FPLoader.exe in the BAM Open VR folder and FuturePinball.exe for 4 GB access to be sure they are both patched.

That has no effect on FP VR. BAM Open VR needs to be installed in its own separate folder, and you still need to patch FPLoader.exe in the BAM Open VR folder and FuturePinball.exe for 4 GB access to be sure they are both patched.
Thanks for the quick reply Terry.

Thanks for the quick reply Terry.
One last question for you, do you recommend that I use the latest BAM OpenVR version that is on the ravarcade.pl website? I believe it's version 1.5-363 or should I use a prior version?

You should always use the newest version. (Just make sure both exes are patched for 4 GB after updating, etc)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back