Tutorial Futurepinball and Bam Guide with the help of peoples

20degree

Pinball Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Faxanadu X Pinball on Pinsimdb
Hi to all

I have finally done my pdf document about fiew indications for peoples that can help to create a great Futurepinball with BAM guide.

It is maybe the last of the guides i have contributed, to help peoples.

Here is the url link to this free pdf document:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxzYIE7KrX7HGxidBvbFdkHXEL8xu_sB/view?usp=sharing (sfavron_fp_bam_rules.pdf)

I think it is ok to post it here, since this section is related to Futurepinball and Wip (Work in Progress) Request.

Thank's to all peoples help and time. Thank's to all good things done.

A+

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the Open Document for peoples. It have no images into, for peoples that contribute to it. You can open it with OpenOffice or LibreOffice. I encourage you to antivirus check the file, even if i know that it dont have a virus into it. I hope that peoples that contribute to it have good intentions? Intentions that are not against peoples, intentions that are honest.

Attachments

• sfavron_fp_bam_guide2021.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Looks good! Perhaps this should be under the Tutorials & Guides sub-form? I at first thought it was a guide on how to use FP and BAM! That could just be me and my feedback, so it is not required for you to change.

Looks good! Perhaps this should be under the Tutorials & Guides sub-form? I at first thought it was a guide on how to use FP and BAM! That could just be me and my feedback, so it is not required for you to change.
At the present time, it just shows how the document was created. I might transfer it when it has the FP/Bam guide.

The first thing i would say is that peoples do some printscreens that show step by step to do a (full install of Bam with FP). Also indicate when this part of Bam is installed, it is used for what??? and what it need and use???

After that peoples do printscreens, that section could be called as: (Navigating into Bam Menus). I dont know how much Bam menu there is? But i think that it could be great to indicate first navigating into. Like the first Bam menu can be called: "Bam Basic Menu", since it is shown. There you see on this menu these options (brightness/day-night/light reflexion/etc.) A text would be that when you highlight "Option" and press the (Enter Key), then it go to an other menu where you see: (menu type: basic/new render: allowed/force arcade: no/etc.)

From this menu (Options) when the user highlight (Menu Type: Basic), after the user press the "Right Arrow on Keyboard"; then the user see an other menu where he/she see as: (lights/camera/postprocess/etc.).

Brief i do think (i might be wrong), but making after the (How to install full Bam with Fp). Next making users knowing how to navigate into the menus of Bam is important at first. Just think of peoples wanting to know to drive a car, or maybe take some subway train; the users want to know that from (Point A) how to go to (Point B) then to (Point C) etc. This to familiarise "Basicly" without knowing all the options at first. It must be easy and simple as for a 6 to 12 years old kids.

Next page steps for peoples. Indicating in "more details of each menu" as: (If you do this X with the highlighted part of a menu Y, this then do the Z results). It is important also to understand if some things make the user (can/cannot do) if this option or choice is done. It's important that peoples see images, so that they know when they see this menu printscreens; know if they do this where and what it will do. As step by step.

Brief the "goal for now" for the peoples that contribute is to make all knowing how to "navigate into Bam" and knowing the "different parts of each Bam menu". To make peoples understand more Bam, i still have difficulty to understand Bam; as told i'm a real beginner. But you guys are amazing for me! Your creativity, your ingeniousity, your knowledges.

I really am not much beside many peoples. I have my qualities, my defaults, i'm not perfect. One thing for sure i do like you guys and appreciate you. I find it important to say it, because without you i would not done much. Also i found sad that peoples say to other peoples, when they are ded and not alive anymore: "this person was so great". Me i say it to you, that i like you and appreciate you; as living great peoples for me.

A+

I have forgotten to indicate also that it is important that the "basic" guide, that peoples dont need to use peoples own bam configuration files. Why? Because to understand how peoples have done there own bam configuration files, they must first understand how to do there own bam configuration files.

This will help them to create there own configuration files. Also when they import bam configuration files of other peoples, could help understand how they have done there own configuration files. Later "advanced" guides could indicate if you want to do this effect, then import the bam configuration files from this user name. So peoples could see and understand other peoples bam configuration files.

-------------------------------------

When the peoples create and indicate at first "how to install bam and fp full". After how to "navigate into bam menus". Next indicate in Bam X menu highlight option what it does and dont do. Like how to move the bam camera manually? How to create playfields? How to swap textures? Just think of the many "basic things" that you would like to learn and like to do, with step by step indications.

When these steps are done i think "if it's ok with peoples (because it's your guide)", that peoples indicate basic scripting things; and what it mean.

A+

Hi there i see that not much peoples have downloaded the zip file on the first post. So i guess all should be done by my self, i know that i'll need help; because i dont want to give false indications. I would like that other peoples carry-on the guide also. Because i dont know if one day i could be infected with the covid or die of something. But at leass peoples have some basic rules and indications i have give.

Here is my questions:

Well when choosing to install Bam and FP v1_5_334. I choose "standard installation" i see before clicking many options. If i have read correctly here on pinballnirvana, please correct me if im wrong. The option "Fiew sets of ball" is some different look of ball? Do i need to checkmark this option if i would like to do special effect on the ball in game? As the ball that have some smoke trails, fire trails, electricity effect trails; or other effect on the ball?

If i'm correct the TPA option mean "table pack arcade"? Like if some person had buy some game from: http://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/ (Pinball History, Pinball Table Packs) then this option should be checkmarked when installing Bam with FP?

What about Bam Tracker? What it is used for and what it need? What this option do and dont do?

So i think that when installing Bam with FP "standard installation", that an other option that should be checked would be "Few sets of ball". This mean "SimpleCam/Ps3" and "Bam Tracker" unchecked?

Also i want to have the splash screen of Bam setup, but the printscreen fucntion only work when it is into Windows Desk. Like when you install a software and it get out of windows asking "yes/no" install the software; wander how to have this printscreen? The only printscreen i have is when you see "accept button", "next button" those standard printscreen of the desktop. I'm not much good, there is many things to learn.

Thank's for your time.

A+

Hi there i see that not much peoples have downloaded the zip file on the first post. So i guess all should be done by my self, i know that i'll need help; because i dont want to give false indications. I would like that other peoples carry-on the guide also. Because i dont know if one day i could be infected with the covid or die of something. But at leass peoples have some basic rules and indications i have give.

Here is my questions:

Well when choosing to install Bam and FP v1_5_334. I choose "standard installation" i see before clicking many options. If i have read correctly here on pinballnirvana, please correct me if im wrong. The option "Fiew sets of ball" is some different look of ball? Do i need to checkmark this option if i would like to do special effect on the ball in game? As the ball that have some smoke trails, fire trails, electricity effect trails; or other effect on the ball?

If i'm correct the TPA option mean "table pack arcade"? Like if some person had buy some game from: http://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/ (Pinball History, Pinball Table Packs) then this option should be checkmarked when installing Bam with FP?

What about Bam Tracker? What it is used for and what it need? What this option do and dont do?

So i think that when installing Bam with FP "standard installation", that an other option that should be checked would be "Few sets of ball". This mean "SimpleCam/Ps3" and "Bam Tracker" unchecked?

Also i want to have the splash screen of Bam setup, but the printscreen fucntion only work when it is into Windows Desk. Like when you install a software and it get out of windows asking "yes/no" install the software; wander how to have this printscreen? The only printscreen i have is when you see "accept button", "next button" those standard printscreen of the desktop. I'm not much good, there is many things to learn.

Thank's for your time.

A+
Sylvain I think you are trying to reinvent the wheel. There are many BAM /FP guides by George and Terry. I don't think this is necessary, but I do appreciate that you are wanting to learn BAM.
TPA I believe stands for the "The Pinball Arcade" . Several years ago Rav enabled BAM tracking of the PC version of the Pinball Arcarde.

Thank's @Gimli for your reply. Yes i try to understand Bam, i also have tryed to understand the tutorials here, but i find it not clear enough. Possibly because of my brain capacity's to understand things very slow. When me i understand more step by step and understand by asking many questions. I'm like a kid that want to learn, do experiments, after understand things; then give clear indications.

I just want to do good things to the peoples, for the peoples. I'll have to ask a lot of questions, but i'm real affraid that peoples dont take the time to make me understand. It have happened when i first started with FP, there was a lot and lot of peoples that did not want to reply to many of my questions. Many of them pointed me to some webpage with some instructions/informations, but was not answering my questions. There is fiew peoples that take the time to explain me, it have took me month's even years of practice. This before my fiew great free pdf guides.

Doing good things to the peoples and for the peoples that is good, is something i like to do. Like when i have done some volunteer for events for organism that they have done some funds to help save lives; like cancer, multiple scelerosis, lungs, blind peoples and the list goes on. That i have done in the past long time ago. Thinking and wanting for the goodness of peoples lives.

I dont know who have put the post of my subject that was into work in progress, into the end user guide? But i'm sure that the person that have put it here, know that my intentions are good; and that i want the good for peoples. Well i'll have to learn a lot. Once again it's important for me to give my many thank's to all the peoples help.

A+

I was going to help you with this but the guys requested that I move my original tutorials to this forum and update them. ...So that is what I did (still working on it).

You might want to try out the new version of my BAM guide that is finished. It has a link to a translation on Google that may help you. I have found the Google translator is not perfect but is usually pretty good.

Thank's @GeorgeH for the help. It's a very good thing to put many images for the step by step. Because peoples can see an image, then read the text related to what the reader see on the same page. Also the images "printscreens" can be draw over, to give precise indications and informations (points into the images); this make the readers not getting lost. Also i do believe that an other major advantage by exporting it to pdf format, is that users can read and use the guide "offline" on many operating system free. The creation first some basic guides, later on intermediate guides, later on advanced guides.

I think that "if you want" that you would add into the pages (contributors) that start with the letter "G" and that you write into GeorgeH; because of your participation. Of course there is not much sections for now into the open document. At leass the documents "Suggested Rules..." and "Create OpenOffice..." give many good indications for many peoples.

Once again thank's to all for all good things. A+

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back