GAME TERMINAL NASHVILLE

M

M.G. Brown

GAME TERMINAL NASHVILLE
M.G. Brown
First, there was the Arcade, which eventually evolved into the Barcade, and now there is the Super Arcade + Bar.

Since November 2020, Game Terminal has been an excellent example of this most recent iteration of the arcade experience. You might even want to call it an ‘Uber Barcade’.

Game Terminal artists conception overview
Game Terminal artists conception overview

Considerable work was invested to make Game Terminal a welcoming place for people who like to play games, eat good food and enjoy beverages. Below is a photo showing Game Terminal before and after.

Game Terminal before and after
Game Terminal before and after

Game Terminal is a venture of Music City Pinball, which is located in the same 10,000+-square-foot building. There is no admission fee to Game Terminal for guests aged 21 and over, but there is an admission fee for guests under 21 on certain days and times. There is plenty of free parking in Game Terminal’s paved and well-lighted private lot.

If you find a game you like, you can purchase it for your home
If you find a game you like, you can purchase it for your home

I have not listed the total number of games at the start of this review as is customary, since the list is nothing short of overwhelming and also changes frequently. Please check the link at the beginning of this article for the current game listing.

Rows and rows of pin games
Rows and rows of pin games

Game Terminal boasts no fewer than 136 video arcade games always on free play, 4 premium arcade games costing one token per credit, and 94 pinball games with 1 or 2 tokens per credit. Tokens are $1 each, and three token-dispensing machines on the game floor accept $1, $5, and $10 bills. There is even a modern take on the old-school photo booth where you can capture your visit in photos for $5 (cheaper than buying a T-shirt).

Rows and rows of video games
Rows and rows of video games

The owners of Game Terminal have invested a princely sum in special effects lighting and bright paintwork to convert the former freight warehouse with fun and trendy ‘industrial’ decor. There are comfortable plush ‘conversation pit’ sofas and chairs, and the standard high-top bar tables you would expect. Each table has a light cube with a QR code to scan with your smartphone that displays the drink and food menus. The result is a unique and immersive adult entertainment experience.

Some of Game Terminal's lounge areas
Some of Game Terminal’s lounge areas

The pinball games are in almost new condition – very clean with all of the features working as intended. Some games have drink holders and signs that remind guests not to set drinks or food on the games.

There are neon signs above groups of the latest Stern, American Pinball, Jersey Jack, etc., games that make them easy to find. I couldn’t decode a pattern for how the other games were arranged, but pinballs other than the latest releases seem to be placed with games built in the same decade. I felt it was particularly amusing that the Primus, Pabst Can Crusher, and Woah Nellie! Big Juicy Melons games are placed side by side.

Jersey Jack area
Jersey Jack area
Stern area
Stern area
Primus, Pabst Can Crusher, and Whoa Nellie!
Primus, Pabst Can Crusher, and Whoa Nellie!

Game Terminal also has Corn Hole (bags), Giant Jenga, Ping Pong, Giant Beer Pong, Shuffle Board, Life Size Connect 4, and Puppies (sometimes, they say) available to play in The Backyard. Check with the hostess at the main entrance for the equipment needed to play these games. There are also lounge areas and outside dining areas if you prefer.

A section of The Backyard
A section of The Backyard

There are two bar areas inside and one outside; for the most part, I stayed inside since the outside air temperature was a toasty 96°F and above on the day I visited. Game Terminal does not allow patrons to bring in outside food, but they have a reasonably priced menu of appetizers and sandwiches (including a kids menu) that can be ordered from the bar. The menu changes frequently so check their website for the latest offerings.

BBQ pork sandwich
BBQ pork sandwich

Game Terminal is happy to host individual or corporate parties, and they have a private room that can be reserved if you wish.

Private Lounge area
Private Lounge area

Game Terminal has an extensive array of ‘merch’ available to purchase near the main entrance. T-shirts of various designs, hoodies, pint glasses, and hats seem to be the biggest sellers. Some items can be ordered online so check their website if you see something that you can’t live without.

Game Terminal's Merch area
Game Terminal’s “Merch” area

Happy Hour is held 4pm-7pm Monday through Friday, while other events include Karaoke Night, Trivia Night, and Whiskey Wednesdays (featuring ½-off all whiskey and bourbon drinks). I’d suggest checking their website for more information about these special nights.

Front Bar area
Front Bar area

As with many similar entertainment venues in Nashville, there is no smoking or vaping allowed in the game areas, but there is a dedicated smoking area just steps outside the main entrance.

Rear Bar area
Rear Bar area

It’s been difficult for me to cover everything that Game Terminal offers its guests in this short review. I can only suggest you add them to your list of things to do when visiting Nashville, aka Music City, USA, and experience Game Terminal first-hand.

Continue reading...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back