Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Congo
xenonph submitted a new resource:

Garfield (Original) BAM MOD - NitroNimbus MOD

Garfield (Original) v2.0 BAM MOD

Hi All,
MOD 2.0 with BAM updates, cheers!
Authors: Roney Pinball, Alex, @NitroNimbus.

THIS TABLE MAY NOT WORK WITHOUT THE LATEST VERSION OF BAM

Read more about this resource...

Nice table. got error on line 2692,
Texto1.QueueText "GARFIELD", seWipeBarDown, 150
not a programmer so don't know what it is. but I was playing on the top field when error happened.

not a programmer so don't know what it is. but I was playing on the top field when error happened.
Got the latest BAM?

Got the latest BAM?
I'm pretty sure I do. But honestly I don't even know if it's being used. Its installed, but I don't really know how to use it. I just click on table and it loads with future pinball or visual pinball depending what it is.

I played it without any problem. Texto1 is a segmented display on the back wall of the playfield and this line of code just displays GARFIELD on it. It is standard FP code unrelated to BAM. The code looks like it is correct to me. Meditation errors usually have more content than what you posted. Do you think you could post the rest of the message?

Are you able to play other FP tables?

I played it without any problem. Texto1 is a segmented display on the back wall of the playfield and this line of code just displays GARFIELD on it. It is standard FP code unrelated to BAM. The code looks like it is correct to me. Meditation errors usually have more content than what you posted. Do you think you could post the rest of the message?

Are you able to play other FP tables?
Yes, most other Tables play well on FP. some of them are not showing their scores and not sure if it has something to do with PUP installer I tried out or DOF files I installed to try and get a certain game to work. Don't remember which one. Anyways, I've been checking out other tables and there was a table with a MOD that had a 'PLEASE READ THIS FIRST.txt' file in the zip. in the text file it basically said to make sure to be using current BAM and to install all files in zip to \tables directory, including a zip that came with it. So I went back and looked at this Garfield table and figured out I did not install the zip file in the tables directory. So I installed it and played it for a few times. I couldn't create the original error I got, but this time after playing it for a while I did get an error that said...
"Pinball meditation error
script error line 2688"
this happened twice. after error table freezes and you have to exit out of it. I would recommend including a 'README.txt' in this or all zip files. for newbies like myself. still learning where what files go where. The other table I mentioned was an Oblivian MOD. but maybe this one coould be something like:
-------------------
NOTES ON DOWNLOAD CONTENTS

This download contains the Custom version of Garfield. This table requires that you use the software Better Arcade Mode (BAM) for the custom physics and the custom ball to work. Directions for installing BAM are available here:

http://thelinkincludeddidn'tworksoremovedit.com

Please copy all five of the following files to your Future Pinball "Tables" folder:

GARFIELD MOD 2.0.fpt
GARFIELD MOD 2.0.zip
RoadMusic.fpl
RoadSounds.fpl
RoadTextures.fpl

As you can see, the *.fpt file has an associated *.zip file. Do NOT extract the *.zip file. The *.zip file contains additional files needed to play the game.
--------------------
Sorry, so long of an explanation. As stated earlier, I'm still new to this. And if no one else is getting error, I probably messed something up when I installed something originally. I plan to do a fresh install. just checking out tables still. And thanks for everyone trying to help this newbie to the pinball world.

Try the attached version. I removed all the BAM coding. Sometimes BAM coding makes FP display the incorrect line numbers on meditation errors.

By the way, the zip file has a custom ball that is optional. You should be able to add the *.fpl files to the libraries folder without any problem. They will work in the tables folder also.

Attachments

• ```GARFIELD MOD 2.0 Stripped.fpt
    16.6 MB · Views: 7
Just a note, you don't need to copy it to the tables folder. I for one have all the files of a table in their own folder.
The rule applies for .fpt / .fpl / .zip and .XML (older tables)

.cfg must be placed in FP/BAM/cfg (but if you want to use your settings, it'll be created automatically per table)
.vbs files, the common ones many tables use like smoke's rolling ball sounds, should go into FP/scripts folder but there is no harm in placing them together with the table... it's just that you'll duplicate the file a lot. So usually, .vbs go into scripts.

NOTE ON VBS: MAKE SURE you're not replacing .vbs with an older version of the same file as it may break other tables that rely on most recent version.
For example: Ghostbusters table has the most recent smoke ZRBRollingBallSounds version so I'd say, use that one in the scripts folder and call it a day.

Try the attached version. I removed all the BAM coding. Sometimes BAM coding makes FP display the incorrect line numbers on meditation errors.

By the way, the zip file has a custom ball that is optional. You should be able to add the *.fpl files to the libraries folder without any problem. They will work in the tables folder also.
Thanks @GeorgeH I will try this stripped garfield version. But I was able to determine reading different posts that my BAM was a little outdated. So going to work on updating that as well. I got it from an all in one installer. And there was a recent update about a month ago, I think.
This is the guide I'm going to use to try and update it. https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/bam-tips-and-tricks.20841/

Just a note, you don't need to copy it to the tables folder. I for one have all the files of a table in their own folder.
The rule applies for .fpt / .fpl / .zip and .XML (older tables)

.cfg must be placed in FP/BAM/cfg (but if you want to use your settings, it'll be created automatically per table)
.vbs files, the common ones many tables use like smoke's rolling ball sounds, should go into FP/scripts folder but there is no harm in placing them together with the table... it's just that you'll duplicate the file a lot. So usually, .vbs go into scripts.

NOTE ON VBS: MAKE SURE you're not replacing .vbs with an older version of the same file as it may break other tables that rely on most recent version.
For example: Ghostbusters table has the most recent smoke ZRBRollingBallSounds version so I'd say, use that one in the scripts folder and call it a day.
Thanks @AnonTet for this info. So basically you have a folder for all your tables with all the stuff that table needs in that folder. is that what you are saying. See, I did not know we could do it that way. I also learned I have an outdated BAM by reading another post where you wrote how to check it. and I quote:
"You can check if the 2-in-1 installer has the latest version (I personally don't recall this ever happening though) if you go to FP/BAM folder and right click BAM.dll file and press "Properties". Then press the "Details" tab and there you should see the version. If not the same as in ravarcade's website, just download the most recent from there.
"
See, I am learning something new everyday. Thanks everyone.

Thanks @AnonTet for this info. So basically you have a folder for all your tables with all the stuff that table needs in that folder.

Not what I'm saying. I have one folder for extracted pinball tables but each table and the needed files for it to run, are in their own folder.

z:\pinball\table1
z:\pinball\table2
z:\pinball\table3

If the tables don't overlap file names, sure you can have ONE folder with everything in there but that's an "ugly" solution even if you can do it.

Not what I'm saying. I have one folder for extracted pinball tables but each table and the needed files for it to run, are in their own folder.

z:\pinball\table1
z:\pinball\table2
z:\pinball\table3

If the tables don't overlap file names, sure you can have ONE folder with everything in there but that's an "ugly" solution even if you can do it.
that's what I got out of it. probably didnt explain it like you did. but thanks again for clarification. I reinstalled bam and future pinball and a lot of tables are working now. updated it to most current install. my installed table were starting to look ugly. going to clean them up like this.

Enjoy. Do look for the FIZX tag around here for the best fp tables regarding physics ;)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "Medieval Castle (Original) (FizX 3.3)".
      Back