Getting Started

xldBob

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Sorry about this question, it is basic I know, but I can't even get to the start line at the mo. I can play TopSpeed and Tutorial, but as far as I can see these are VP games only, I am struggling using roms.

I have installed VP and VPM (not as described here, I followed some other instructions and installed VPM under VP).

I got the VPS files (originally I had v2.33, but have upgraded to v3.19 today).

I downloaded the Twilight Zone rom, tz_94h.zip, and put this in my VPM roms directory. When I ran VP again, it only allows .vpt files, so I assumed there must be a vpt file associated with it, so I went searching for that. Found Twilight Zone 7-2.vpt, and then ran VP again. This failed because it said there was a missing rom. Looking at the rom, it seems tzone_92.rom is missing. This looks like a version problem to me, but is frustrating the hell out of me as I have been to a million sites looking for the files, and info.

Question. Am I going about this in the right way? Am I missing something fundamental (apart from a brain :x )?

when you start the table there is an option menu and in it is a rom selection part so select the rom you have ie 94h instead of 92
also try http://www.ipdb.org/ and do a search for twilight zone for the other roms

Solution
Thanks, I see that now :D . There are so many options I got overwhelmed. It never occurred to me that ther might be such an option, or that one table might service many roms.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back