Ghostbusters (from smoke)

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
Well it seems smoke was working on Ghostbusters after all and posted it on pinsimdb.com here:

Update: DO NOT replace the older ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs with the vbs from this table. Read solution below!

Important!

Do NOT replace the older ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs in your "FuturePinball \ Scripts" folder with the vbs from this table's zip file!

Many older tables won't work with this new vbs!

Solution:

Be sure to RENAME the ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs included with this table to ZBRrollingballsoundslib_GB.vbs. Then copy it to your "FuturePinball\Scripts" folder.

Then in the table script change this line:

ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs")

to:

ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("ZBRrollingballsoundslib_GB.vbs")

Save the table.

If you already replaced the older vbs file... you can get it again with any of SLAMT1LT's Ultimate Pro tables linked on my FP and BAM Mega guide.

That said... job well done from smoke as always.

Last edited:
Wow, that's one of the modern Sterns I'd love to play. Did someone record all the sounds and DMD animations, as with other DMD games in FP?

Well it seems smoke was working on Ghostbusters after all and posted it on pinsimdb.com here:

For some people they may get this error:

line error 632
incompatible type
metalguidehitbox heigh

Update: Ok... the problem is... you MUST copy over his new ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs to FuturePinball \ Scripts as it has been updated and the table needs it. It works for me after doing that.

The table doesn't (yet) seem to use some BAM features for modern lighting and shadowmaps, (nice RGB inserts though)... so it can still be made to look even better once those are added.

That said... job well done from smoke as always.
I followed the instructions in the comment that was posted by PEandS1Ws under yours on the pinsimb com page and it works. Guessing you got it working, Terry?

I followed the instructions in the comment that was posted by PEandS1Ws under yours on the pinsimb com page and it works. Guessing you got it working, Terry?

I just had to install the newer vbs file (I didn't realize it was a "newer" version). After that it worked fine.

I think the other problem for many people is they aren't extracting the zip files correctly. You need to use 7zip or WinRar to extract the part1 file, and then part 2 will get extracted correctly, as this is a multi zip file. You can't extract them separately or the files won't be extracted correctly.

Wow, that's one of the modern Sterns I'd love to play. Did someone record all the sounds and DMD animations, as with other DMD games in FP?

I imagine he used Pinball Browser to get the DMD images and some sounds.... like other older Stern tables on FP. Some things like music and other voice overs could also be ripped from the movie directly.

Update: DO NOT replace the older ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs with the vbs from this table. Read solution below!

Important!

Do NOT replace the older ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs in your "FuturePinball \ Scripts" folder with the vbs from this table's zip file!

Solution:

Be sure to RENAME the ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs included with this table to ZBRrollingballsoundslib_GB.vbs. Then copy it to your "FuturePinball\Scripts" folder.

to:

Save the table.

If you already replaced the older vbs file... you can get it again with any of SLAMT1LT's Ultimate Pro tables linked on my FP and BAM Mega guide.

Last edited:

Important!

Solution:

to:

Save the table.

Thanks man. I replaced it, doh!

Note: side-discussion split out here:

Last edited:
Hi.
I get this error, is there something i am doing wrong?.
Thanks.

Attachments

• ghost.png
    ghost.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 74
I think i have fixed it, sorry.
Thanks.

I forgot to include into 1.0-RC1 the zip file for static ball reflexion....
so here it is (I will not forget to include it for the final version).
just copy this zip file into ghostbuster folder (don't dezip it !)

Attachments

• ghostbusters.zip
    328.8 KB · Views: 74
I forgot to include into 1.0-RC1 the zip file for static ball reflexion....
so here it is (I will not forget to include it for the final version).
just copy this zip file into ghostbuster folder (don't dezip it !)
Thanks for the update, smoke.

Would it be okay to share it on Pinball Nirvana, too?

Thanks for the update, smoke.

Would it be okay to share it on Pinball Nirvana, too?
hello,
could you explain? Is there a specific table download section in pinballnirvana?

ok for info I also forgot to override the vbs script to load
ZBRrollingballsoundslibGB.vbs
instead of
ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs

I will upload the RC1B

Last edited:
Hi smoke,

the table looks and plays nice.
Not sure if this a feature but from time to time the ball hangs on the upper hinge. (see the picture i don't know how to discribe it with the right words) With nudging, i can't move it.

ghostbusters.png

first tests are pretty good.
the tricky part was when you change the global lightning the playfield lights inserts (not the bulbs) are a bit dull.
so I also managed this parameter (and the result is pretty good)

It will add more realism to the table depending the hour of the day.
with dynamic day/night transition during play!!!!
all is done in the external VBS script that handle the ball sound+flipper physics.
with only 1 timer to create in the table.

So with a little bit off knowledge you can add this to your tables (I use 1 unique vbs script + 1 unique physic to all the tables I have on my pincab)

soon I will post 2 version of the external ZBRrollingballsoundslibGB.vbs
-a demo version where one minute is 24 hours to show how it looks
-a production version with normal timelapse
you only have to put the vbs file in the table folder, no need to create a timer because i'm using the one for rolling ball sound.

another idea for the next release->make slimer light a true light (moving flasher). I have to look at some BAM demo on IT.
I think the result should be awesome at night....

soon I will post 2 version of the external ZBRrollingballsoundslibGB.vbs
-a demo version where one minute is 24 hours to show how it looks
-a production version with normal timelapse
you only have to put the vbs file in the table folder, no need to create a timer because i'm using the one for rolling ball sound.

another idea for the next release->make slimer light a true light (moving flasher). I have to look at some BAM demo on IT.
I think the result should be awesome at night....

You might update the guidance for table developers to be sure they set up the rolling ball sounds vbs so end users add it to the scripts folder. I have seen some tables posted where the table developer says to add the vbs file to the tables folder.

Hi!,
i'm currently working on a proof of concept->dynamic day/night light with transition shift around 7am and 7pm
Awesome smoke this was on my to do list as well....so I will defer to you
Thanks !

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "Sounds library".
      Back