Favorite Pinball Machine
xmen
smoke submitted a new resource:

Ghostbusters (Stern) - based on JP salas ghostbusters code

'ghostbusters
'============
'
'Hello,
'This pinball is based on JP salas ghostbuster table code (and a little bit tweaked).
'original JP salas version can be found here -> https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36453&page=1 (The Virtual Pinball Forums)
'
'This table is free to be edited/modded/published as my others tables.
'@slamtilt I love your works on your special version of this table
'
'
'
'Don't forget that...

Read more about this resource...

Attachments

• Ghostbusters - diag view.png
    Ghostbusters - diag view.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 678
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Smoke, a big thank you for this super nice table.
Also, is there (in the script) a simple way to have "the camera following the ball (scroll on)".
thank you in advance.
Bil

Thank you very much, smoke! It seems that it should have taken a lot of work to make a table to look like this, with lot of details. I will download it to be playing in my mini pin-cab soon. Thank you again for your work and for sharing!

Hello Smoke, a big thank you for this super nice table.
Also, is there (in the script) a simple way to have "the camera following the ball (scroll on)".
thank you in advance.
Bil
I think it can be found in FP parameters

Hello Smoke, the problem is that the option "camera follow the ball (scroll on)" does not work only with this table !? with the "xmen" table for example. the option works fine.
Have a nice day
Bil

Great Table

Last edited:
Beautiful work smoke! Amazing stuff.

For your vbs file for ball rolling sounds...

We have been integrating your older version of the vbs file into other table updates directly into the table script and adding the sounds directly so you don't need to worry about using library file (for ball rolling sounds) or needing a vbs file, or getting different versions mixed up, etc.

Perhaps this would be a better method to use for your tables so you don't have to worry about compatibility?

Er-- I notice that the table is sitting in "re-creations" with the Stern name, but without the year following (2016) which we'd normally expect to see. I also notice that JPSalas' version was a complete original, and this one is evidently built on that one.

So I'm a bit confused whether this is meant to be a strictly faithful re-creation of the Stern 2016 game, or whether it's more of a remix using original elements, plus the Stern layout used as the new playfield.

Point is, I'd like to make sure we have this one properly marked and sitting in the right section.
Thank you!

I think there is a translation thing going on here.... as the only thing in common the JPSalas "original" table has with this Stern recreation table is mainly the Marshmallow Man model... and maybe some of the sounds / music. Other than that, they are completely different tables. The JPSalas table is not the same as the VPX version of the Stern table.

Smoke's table is definitely a "recreation".

I think there is a translation thing going on here.... as the only thing in common the JPSalas "original" table has with this Stern recreation table is mainly the Marshmallow Man model... and maybe some of the sounds / music. Other than that, they are completely different tables. The JPSalas table is not the same as the VPX version of the Stern table.

Smoke's table is definitely a "recreation".
Thank you, Terry. I've therefore added the year in the official entry.

I'm guessing this is a Spike 1 game, and not Spike 2, and therefore we might expect to see more of this mini-era of tables without Stern minding. If so, cool. :)

@smoke,
Let me know if anything needs correction, please.

Er-- I notice that the table is sitting in "re-creations" with the Stern name, but without the year following (2016) which we'd normally expect to see. I also notice that JPSalas' version was a complete original, and this one is evidently built on that one.

So I'm a bit confused whether this is meant to be a strictly faithful re-creation of the Stern 2016 game, or whether it's more of a remix using original elements, plus the Stern layout used as the new playfield.

Point is, I'd like to make sure we have this one properly marked and sitting in the right section.
Thank you!

To be clear I used JP salas code as a base to my table.
He implemented around 80%-90% of stern rules.
I've just corrected/tweacked/added the missing parts.

So I wanted to be honest about that.

To be clear I used JP salas code as a base to my table.
He implemented around 80%-90% of stern rules.
I've just corrected/tweacked/added the missing parts.

So I wanted to be honest about that.

Thanks for clarifying that smoke. I just assumed you were being polite. :)

Since the JP VPX table looks so visually different, I assumed you had to do most of this new code yourself.

JP has helped many people on many tables behind the scenes... and when it comes to coding an original table.... that is something 98% of VP authors typically never have to do. You'll see bits of JPs code, etc in lots of tables on VP and FP.

Great Table amazing work!:yourock:
Thank you!

I just posted the blackout fix version sorry :p

i downloaded your new version for this table have still blackout...now it starts with a blackout..
i try to solvethis with bam 1.5.327 preset to day or night ..... but after (30sec-1min) it switches,
back to Custom and the table goes dark......try to save but did not work??

what i am doing wrong..... it does this only with ghostbusters table
But when i play for +-1min it plays GREATTTT super flipper physics WOW WOW

i downloaded your new version for this table have still blackout...now it starts with a blackout..
i try to solvethis with bam 1.5.327 preset to day or night ..... but after (30sec-1min) it switches,
back to Custom and the table goes dark......try to save but did not work??

what i am doing wrong..... it does this only with ghostbusters table
But when i play for +-1min it plays GREATTTT super flipper physics WOW WOW

i just posted the 1.2 version that fix the problem for good (cross fingers)
i'm very sorry it seems that I don't know how to count hours of the day ...... :p

Still giving me problems 1.2.
Goes like this after a few seconds.
Even if change day night etc in bam.

Attachments

• ghostbusters.png
    ghostbusters.png
    316.7 KB · Views: 132
Dont know if my computer playing silly beggers, seems to have gone ok now.

what is your local time when it happens ?

9pm aprox when i last had a go.

It does seem to have gone ok now though.
Thanks.

tell me tomorrow if around 9pm the problem re-appear
for info the progressive shift between full day/full night is 7:00->7:59 am and 7:00->7:59 pm
make sure that the ZBRrollingballsoundslibGB.vbs is dated 18 february at 8:55 pm

Ok yes date is the same on the vbs.
Thanks.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back