Support File Tutorial FP Glossary?

Future Pinball

lees1964

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Captain Fantastic
I'm new here, so be easy on me, lol. I've taken a four day crash course on virtual pinball and have taken a swan dive down the rabbit hole. Recently acquired an older home built cabinet VP game that came with about 30 games installed, all Future Pinball. The method I was shown to start various games was, I believe, f1 on the keyboard, then navigate with the mouse to open game file in FP. Having never heard of virtual pinball (well, not in cabinet style - I've played a great many PC games over the years) I was initially thrilled at having even 30 games available! In an effort to make the interface a little more smooth (which I now know are referred to as "front end" loaders or programs) I was introduced to the VAST, VAST world of virtual pinball and all its resources on the internet. I should say that the purpose of this post is that, in all my searching (and I may be searching incorrectly) I have been unable to find any type of glossary for the acronyms, words and phrases that I see in EVERY forum. Many of these become clear as you do more reading (and I've done a LOT), but it would be incredibly helpful to know these words/acronyms going IN. With that said, I want to say that TerryRed is ALREADY my damn HERO! His guides, videos, answers on forums and just general shared knowledge has been the single light at the end of a long, dark tunnel for me. Had it not been for his step by step help, I almost surely would have thrown in the towel already. So, THANK YOU, TerryRed! (and I am SURE there are many more of you who have done similar, but I've just not happened by them yet). Thanks in advance for any help on this.

If you want a glossary of FP terms, then try this:

You might find this tutorial useful also:

Welcome @lees1964!

I hope you found some answers here (Thanks All), I wanted to let you know that I've changed your thread type to a Question type instead of Discussion.
You can change it back if you wish, it allows Users to up vote replies and allows you or moderators to mark a reply as a solution and it would appear first in the responses. Not a big deal but it could generate more replies.

I have also changed you newer thread to a question type here but don't have answers:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back